Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Thumbs up COAST to COAST Cruise

Yeeha, I have the time off, I have the vehicle, and I have the fuel money..

Some of you may know that there is a line of utes from prouteswa, that is heading to the summernats in Camberra.
I am one of them and because of these forums and the people on here, I have decided to carry on after the summernats and go on an extended cruise of my own.

So, I suppose I am trying to get a few followers or maybe join a pack.

I want to go from Canberra to Sydney, then from Sydney to Melbourne, then to Moama where my brother lives and then the long trek back to WA.

This will be around the 2nd week of Jan 08.

And I want to meet some of the great people on AFF and run my ute at every strip I pass and maybe a couple of circuit sessions like Orong Park, etc.
Also It would be cool to be in a couple of local cruises when I am in your towns. And even cooler to get out on the turps with some of you Ford fans out there.

My Itinery is coming and any offer of a drink will be very welcome.
And I will have an empty seat in the ute from Canberra untill I get to Melbourne before heading to Moama. So if anyone wants a ride let me know.

Any suggestions or comments are very welcome, like what to do, who to meet and where to stay......... see ya in 08'

John

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where's Moama?

I might join in from Canberra to Melb if I have my new car by then!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

near achuka on the Murray, NSW VIC border.

And forgot to add I will be taking the coast rd from melbourne to adelaide

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Old 01-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

John, I'm sure we could muster up a few people while your in Canberra. As time gets closer, we can start a thread in the NSW/ACT section with a meeting time and place. Usually on Saturday night at the nats Braddon is the place to be. This is where most people go who are up for the nats. We could arrange something. Would be great to meet up. If you wanted to do a cruise around Canberra to see the sights, we could do something before heading to Braddon.

Cheers

Dwayne
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Sounds cool mate, I am going to try and meet as many people as possible. I actually talked to spoolman the other day and his voice was all wrong...lol.

I aim to whack 20k on the SP and have fun doing it.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83

Its called Echuca John.lol

Be great to catch up with you when you come over, Echuca/Moama goes off in the new year, its a haven for ski boats and babes and booze.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #7
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Cool me too Cam, I am getting serious. Booked in to see an auto trimmer mate to fit the fridge, matress and storage box in the back. And to make me a tent setup between my hardcover and tray. Self sufficient then.

Just realised I will need a few oil changes along the way. And will have to drop in to some of our sponsors garages to keep my services and Tune tidy

Can't wait now that I have committed. And the wife loves the idea, I havn't been away in a couple of years and she wants some peace..lol

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 AM   #8
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got holidays then be interested but cant come :
if your happy with the trimmer let me know will be needin some one to do the fairlane insides n vinal roof and dont realy know any good trimmers in perth

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 AM   #9
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Excellent stuff John, sure you will have a ball. Never done the coast to coast trip in a car but many times on a bike including a Phillip Island to Perth strop in under 48 hours. If you need any advice on some good roads to drive while you are over there give me a holler. Some places that have good roads leading into or out of them, and by good, I mean fecken good. Blue Duck Cafe, Mt Hotham, Omeo, Great Alpine Way, Kangaroo Valley / Mt Cambewarra, Kings Hwy etc. etc. And of course the stretch of the Great Ocean Road from Lorne to Apollo Bay is good fun if not full of traffic and pork. Northern NSW there is the Putty Road, Waterfall Way etc.

Funnily enough I did Kings Hwy from Batemans Bay up to Canberra the other day, and the run through the Kangaroo Valley and Mt Cambewarra also this week. Was over here for a wedding and decided to take a little time out to take partner around and show them a few things. Snowboarded at Perisher yesterday, in Port McQuarie this morning, heading up to Seaworld at the Gold Coast today. I am used to test bikes for my east coast fangs but due to partner in tow and need to carry all my work gear etc. (cameras, computer etc.) I needed to sort four wheels. So got in touch with BMW and they sorted me a new Mini Cooper. Is a good fun little rocket, quite comfortable too, great seats when adjusted right, grips the road like a limpet unless road gets too rough. I make my passenger puke though when getting up it on the good roads, LOL, so am stuck on the highways mainly now. Did Cooma (Snow) to Port McQuarie without having to refill, try 600km at an average of 104km/h on 36 litres of juice and that included getting through Sydney and the traffic lights etc.... MY GOD, that is unbelievable economy!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Sound like you got a good job Trev, will definately seek your input when closer.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs
got holidays then be interested but cant come :
if your happy with the trimmer let me know will be needin some one to do the fairlane insides n vinal roof and dont realy know any good trimmers in perth
I will grab Troys details and let u know, He is in Stan Hope Gardens in Midvale. He is all prepped up to do a ZD Fairlane that me and a mate have finally got ready for paint. 11 year project, but its a nice ground up build. Can't wait to get the driveshaft in her and a milk crate

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #12
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

As I allready posted in http://proutes.com/ mate, I will be joining Team WA from Adelaide to canberra. Then I will drive up to Sydney with you. When you are heading back to Perth, my home and garage are available to you and your ute. Can't wait for Summernats 08 : : :
Regards Bob
Old 02-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #13
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
I will grab Troys details and let u know, He is in Stan Hope Gardens in Midvale. He is all prepped up to do a ZD Fairlane that me and a mate have finally got ready for paint. 11 year project, but its a nice ground up build. Can't wait to get the driveshaft in her and a milk crate
Zd Fairlanes...man I love these things....was offered a supremely clean one about 14 years ago for a generous price ( in that ripper marine green colour sorry forgot the exact name of it) needless to say I didn't grab it and still haunts me today : :togo:
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #14
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Coming to Sydney mate?

Arrange a meet up and a few drinks for sure... Let us know some dates...

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #15
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP.UTE1
As I allready posted in http://proutes.com/ mate, I will be joining Team WA from Adelaide to canberra. Then I will drive up to Sydney with you. When you are heading back to Perth, my home and garage are available to you and your ute. Can't wait for Summernats 08 : : :
Regards Bob
Done deal.

Quote:
Coming to Sydney mate?
Have a meeting tuesday night and then I can work on some dates.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 02-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #16
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'm always looking for people to have a drink with in Adelaide so if you are stopping here either on your way through or back I'm sure a few of us Adelaide-ians can organise something.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

Quote:

I know my spellinga aint the best but i had a good ol LOL @ Achuka....

Gotta love the Victorian Town Names :P

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #18
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Make sure you throw up the dates your in Victoria mate, i'd make the trip to melbourne to meet up with you, since i couldn't find the time when i was living in WA. :togo:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #19
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Make sure you throw up the dates your in Victoria mate, i'd make the trip to melbourne to meet up with you, since i couldn't find the time when i was living in WA. :togo:
No problem mate, Will have a clue after next tuesday. Then I will post dates and start taking suggestions for which roads to use. etc

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 AM   #20
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so wish i was able to come
but realy should start at home and start to meet the peoples in my area then state
but Summernats may be ill make it 09

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #21
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Sounds cool mate, I am going to try and meet as many people as possible. I actually talked to spoolman the other day and his voice was all wrong...lol.
John to funny was all wrong, did you want the 0055 voice..
Let us know what day your are in Melbourne get a group together go for a feed... :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #22
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Definately absolutely leaving Perth on 27th Dec.

Things are starting to wind down for xmas now and i will get all my planning done. I am thinking I will leave the summernats a couple of days early and get to sydney by about the 3rd or 4th Jan.

Then its just me and Kenne.. and the highway. No plans, just want to catch up and drink, do some cruises, some drag strip runs, see some sights and eat up some bitumen.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys and gals.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 08-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #23
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

John when are you in Melbourne?

Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #24
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I know I will be there on the 13th, as I have an appointment with a black ute at Heathcote . And a couple or more days either side of the 13th. Not sure on arrival date yet.
Its a real roadtrip Mark, I might like a spot on the way and spend a day there, if ya know what I mean.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 08-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #25
SpoolMan

Quote:
I know I will be there on the 13th, as I have an appointment with a black ute at Heathcote . And a couple or more days either side of the 13th. Not sure on arrival date yet.
Its a real roadtrip Mark, I might like a spot on the way and spend a day there, if ya know what I mean.
I just received Heathcote Raceways new calendar no test and tune on the 13th.
Speaking to Russ the owner last week he is going to concrete out to 330 foot this maybe why its not open on that weekend.
I have attached the calendar 2008 here:
Attached Files
File Type: doc Heathcote 2008 Calendar.doc (110.0 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by SpoolMan; 09-12-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #26
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Chris from Blupower sugested the 13th for a drive in the black ute ??

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #27
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Hey John

Whats the latest with your movements, I also have so time off, well now that I am unemployed and have been shafted by business partner, but thats another story, I get my car, and some money, so what are your pland, I have to go to Sydney to sign things and get so money next week, am also thinking of going to the clipsall 500 in adelaide, let us know your movement and maybe we can catch up

Graham
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
SpoolMan

I seen John at a workshop on Sunday he had a big smile on his face and a big something else too...lol.
I wont give it away but I think he will be needing 2 new tyres before he gets home to W.A.
Says he will be back around Melb after the summer nats..