Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #31
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had similar problems with my stage 3 Hemi Cuda, spent hundreds of thou$$ getting it tricked before putting it down the strip disappointingly, also with my matte black Camaro grip car. Could get 10's out of the Cuda, so stuck with my RX8 drag car which is good for 900+metre wheelstands and mid 7's. I was more annoyed that my Stage 3 Weiand blower was magically all under the bonnet. Would have been a nice touch to have it all out the bonnet. It was fun tricking up old cars but the all ended up getting sold, and the only 'older' car is the RE86, which is a cheap and real tail-happy drifter, albeit underpowered, but definately driveable. I've had fun with the game overall though, havent played much NFS beforehand though. It gets me away from playing Guitar Hero, by far the coolest game I've ever played.....always upset when I've conquered all tracks though
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #32
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Most Wanted is the best NFS game cause of the cop chases.

Prostreet is pitiful.
Old 18-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #33
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
Most Wanted is the best NFS game cause of the cop chases.

Prostreet is pitiful.
I believe you are mistaken, Hot Pursuit 2 is the best NFS game.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #34
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Hot Pursuit 2 was good for having the TS50 and GTS but you can't beat Carbon for having the fun of being in an old school muscle car, with a muscle car crew, flogging ricers, running from cops and having a 7 litre V8 ticking away in perfectly recorded realistic sound.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #35
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah my AE86 is awesome for drifting.
on my charger i have stage 4 supercharger and nos hehe :evil:
usually do 405m wheelies on the 400m tracks.. LAWL
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #36
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Yeh i totally agree. Hot pursuit 2 is the best NFS game. I spent hours playing that on the pc
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #37
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
anyone played juiced2?

i dont actually mind it, pretty fun! doesn't try to be too much of a sim so it makes a nice change from forza.
I played the original on Live to death.. It was a mad online game with a cool community until the developers released a patch which had a side effect of you wining races but your online ranking dropping.

I got the Hot Import Nights demo, not sure if I was sold on the demo, maybe the full game is much better

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #38
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Hot Pursuit 2 was good for having the TS50 and GTS but you can't beat Carbon for having the fun of being in an old school muscle car, with a muscle car crew, flogging ricers, running from cops and having a 7 litre V8 ticking away in perfectly recorded realistic sound.
I didn't like the series after HP2, it got too "advanced". But thats my opinion.
Old 18-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #39
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If a car is not performing like you think it should see how quickly it loads in the lot/garage. If it's not INSTANT don't use the car. I think they buggered up a lot of the 3D models.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #40
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
If a car is not performing like you think it should see how quickly it loads in the lot/garage. If it's not INSTANT don't use the car. I think they buggered up a lot of the 3D models.
I fixed the slow speed of the Shelby GT500. Apparently being logged into XBOX Live dogs the game down. Very odd I thought the 360 would have ample ram.
Old 18-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #41
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not necessarily the Xbox 360 at fault, probably EA's shitty programmers.
Old 18-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #42
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
I played the original on Live to death.. It was a mad online game with a cool community until the developers released a patch which had a side effect of you wining races but your online ranking dropping.

I got the Hot Import Nights demo, not sure if I was sold on the demo, maybe the full game is much better
unfortunatly there seems to be next to noone playing the live career. 1/2 of the achievements are based on it and every time i check im the only one trying to play. will have to try some single races i think.
Old 18-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #43
Inferno_23
Hooked on AFF

Anyone looking forward to Burnout Paradise?? I downloaded the demo its pretty sweet
Inferno_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #44
Dezza
Parts bin special

I played it on PC, and while I wouldn't call it pitiful, it certainly isn't the best NFS. The whole announcer situation is annoying "Oh my god, it's Ryan Cooper", the lack of quick race mode sucks, and I miss the free roam and cop chases.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 02:16 AM   #45
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

i actually dont mind pro street..was different when i first played it but now i got the hang of it im enjoying it. I love mucking around with the old cars. I can easily do wheel stands for the entire length of the quarter mile!

My drift car is a pontiac gto / monaro with around 500hp. Grip car is a 180sx with like 200hp. Drag car is a dodge charger with 953hp. speed run car is a dodge viper with 650hp.

I havent had any of the glitches. As for the people complaining of how 4th hear bogs down in drag races..just change your gear ratios. i did and now the things an animal.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #46
GT-E

If you want a Driving Game, buy a console and NFS.
If you want a real driving SIMULATOR buy a upspeced games PC and download rFactor, this is a awsome driving simulator that people write free mods for.
Old 19-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #47
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Hey on another note how do you unlock the Plymouth Roadrunner??

Something about a energizer lithium pack???
Old 21-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #48
HLC
Audi S3

ive got a mad glitch atm.

my 350Z grip car, miraculously spawned 2 shells glued either side of it that turn with the wheels. annoys the S H I T out of me. so distracting and i cant see the track properly. dont know how to get rid of it either :S