Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default Looking at buying an EB - Comments!

Greets all
As i am over the cost in driving my stroker daily, i am looking for an e series runabout.

waddyas think?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220200748461

Have emailed requesting proper odometer reading

I have found cheaper eb's / ed's around but this one seems pretty clean

Comments?

Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Its certainly neat, But i wouldnt spend that kind of money on a car you cannot take on a drive. But thats just me....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Cam
Stroking it...

I am going to check it out tomorrow, so we'll see how she goes!
Old 18-02-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

How did it go Cam?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmmmmmm the item is now unavailable .... Did you get it Cam ??
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
Cam
Stroking it...

Nope dont have it yet. The item was removed from Ebay for policy violation. I have no idea why neither does the seller. Due to unforseen circamstances i wasn't able to get there yesterday. So I will be making the trek after work tomorrow. The owner was happy for me to take it for an hour or so to take it for a good drive, so i intend on doing that.

Item was not relisted on ebay as the seller didn't want the messing around (seems like an order guy). So tomorrow if all goes well it'll be in my driveway and pics will be here!
Old 18-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent, at least off ebay you have the benefit of being able to talk turkey with the dollars too
Old 20-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Cam
Stroking it...

Well, i am now driving an e mutant again!

Went and had a look at it after work yesterday. Is VERY tidy, there are some small scratches on the rear bumper from towing,, and the front bar has a small crack, other then that its an insanely tidy E series with not one sign of rust. Engine runs like a dream (217k with a rebuind at 180k), gearbox is smooth except not being able to manually select gears - No Biggy.

So its not sitting here at work, and for $2150 for a very clean 93 EBII fairmont wagon. I'm Happy!

The only strange thing is oil Pressure, when sitting at idle it reads that there is almost no oil pressure. When driving it comes up with revs, there is plenty of oil in there so I am going to try some thicker oil, and if that doesn't help I'll assume its the sensor.

Pics when i get home!

First Mods:
Slammage
Tint
Stereo & Doof

For now, I am enjoying the 15.1L /100 opposed to the 22L / 100 i get in the AU! lol
Old 20-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent news Cam

Cant wait for the piccys ...... Word of reminder though ..... too much slammage + wagon = no go in lots of places :P

I would put a thicker oil in as you said & see how you go with it.
Old 20-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
Cam
Stroking it...

Yeah i dont plan on slamming it too much, I already have 1 car that takes me 5 mins to get out of the driveway, i dont want another! Atm it is at SERIOUS grandpa spec 4WD height.
Old 20-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL .....My old wagon was slightly lowered & was a PITA to get into or out of a lot of places ..... only good thing now is that the kids cant take her too far into the paddocks as the rocks are higher than the floorpan in some parts :P

4WD spec is only good in one instance ....... on a Cruiser
Old 20-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #12
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam

The only strange thing is oil Pressure, when sitting at idle it reads that there is almost no oil pressure. When driving it comes up with revs, there is plenty of oil in there so I am going to try some thicker oil, and if that doesn't help I'll assume its the sensor.
I wouldn't stress about it, a lot of E-series oil pressure guages read that way.

15-40w is the optimum viscosity for an E-series I6

EDIT - Assuming it's an I6 of course..
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post