Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #31
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im struggling to come to terms as to why you would take anything older than a AU to a Ford dealer...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #32
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
ok, never seen anything like it before.
stratco also have them, for transporting beams, etc
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #33
EA Bogan

the helpdesk people were friendly enough, they were polite and promised to fix everything, but they arent the ones to work on the car, are they. And it wasnt 18 year old bogan knuckledraggers that worked on my car, it was supposedly their *"BEST MECHANIC"*. Id like to see their effing worst. Such a level of amateurish idiocy. Im surprised somebody hasnt sued the hell out of them yet.

Car 2: White 1998 Toyota Starlet Life 5speed manual
EA Bogan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #34
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Why don't you sue them?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
im struggling to come to terms as to why you would take anything older than a AU to a Ford dealer...
I don't know why anyone would take anything to a Ford dealer (bar warrenty work).
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #36
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Why don't you sue them?
I'd wager he won't because its too expensive. Often justice is only for the wealthy, the rest of us have to take it.
Old 17-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #37
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll put my 2 bobs worth in and say that pressure testing a cooling system is no guarantee that it will not leak the next day, period. If there were so-called cooling system/radiator experts on here then they would state the same. Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of pressure testing a cooling system on an old car is that more issues occur not long after. The reason? because the radiator cap never lets the system reach the pressure a tester will put into the system due to the cap spring losing tension and the pressure will be released before reaching its rated pressure. this ofcourse masks any issues there may be in the system. You may have religeously serviced your car over its entire life but this does not stop the rubber components of the system from perishing, especially radiator side tank seals.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #38
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
I'll put my 2 bobs worth in and say that pressure testing a cooling system is no guarantee that it will not leak the next day, period. If there were so-called cooling system/radiator experts on here then they would state the same. Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of pressure testing a cooling system on an old car is that more issues occur not long after. The reason? because the radiator cap never lets the system reach the pressure a tester will put into the system due to the cap spring losing tension and the pressure will be released before reaching its rated pressure. this ofcourse masks any issues there may be in the system. You may have religeously serviced your car over its entire life but this does not stop the rubber components of the system from perishing, especially radiator side tank seals.
Exactly!...post of the thread so far, no finger pointing, just the facts.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #39
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

byan byrt ford in brisbane is another shocker. Had warranty issues with them..in and out for the next month with the same problems. But i never get my carserviced their. I do it myself...so if i screw up..i have no one else to blame but me.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #40
smally289
growing up is optional

I dont really think that you have been "screwed over massively". It is a (relatively) old vehicle and things go wrong. Its not like they haven't tried to fix your problems or charged you twice for the same repair.
I wish i had a dollar for every customer that says "since you serviced my car last week", "the wheel bearings are noisy", or "the radio has stopped working", or "my cat is pregnant".
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #41
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I'd wager he won't because its too expensive. Often justice is only for the wealthy, the rest of us have to take it.
I would have thought $1729 is too expensive for a set of brake pads, a rocker cover gasket, a trans seal and a cooling system test. Who are we to judge peoples financial situation?

There's always more than one side to stories like this. Listening to one side is hard to determine everything, but in this case, it seems like the switched on people here know EXACTLY what is going on.

What could they actually be sued for? Charging the prices they quoted? Not discovering problems before they happened? It's an 18 year old car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Bogan
I really should call Consumer affairs on these morons
Do it. Telling a forum you 'should' do it means absolutely nothing.
Quote:
im not the onnly person they have screwed over, my friend suffered enormous damages because of them, but hes not aloud to talk about it as it is currently going through a court case
Quote:
Im surprised somebody hasnt sued the hell out of them yet.
But your friend is in the process of doing it?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #42
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Seems like you may have been a bit hard done by here, but as others have said, it's an 18 year old car. Things wear out, and last time I checked mechanics don't have X-Ray glasses in their tool kits. Take note of the post above regarding coolant systems as this point can also apply to other areas of a car.
Not only that, I would have seriously questioned the quote of $1700 odd in the first place..............

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #43
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
You know, even if you are 100% right, yelling at them will do you no good. If you have issues calmly speak to the service manager and get him onside. Yelling at them will only get their backs up and make the whole process harder.
I used to take the same advise.

Until I started yelling, threatening and demanding. To be honest that has got me a lot further than speaking calmly.
Old 18-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #44
flavze

I bought my last two new cars from Jarvis ford, my confidence in their service departments competency is going down every time i deal with them.
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #45
redranga

In my dealings with Jarvis Ford they are hopeless. Ive had several good dealings with Rebel Ford at Elizabeth.
redranga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #46
kinksta
Luxojet

hahaha. oh dear. dont remind me about jarvis ford please!!!stay away from anywhere with a jarvis sign lol!!!
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #47
FPV 5TH

I have also had good dealings with Rebel Ford and also with Maughan Thiem. Bad experience with Jarvis, will avoid that place at all costs
FPV 5TH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #48
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Sorry mate, but you spent more than the car is worth (no matter how mint you say it is) on minor maintenance?!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #49
t08
F6-557

Had a broken valve spring replaced under warranty at Lynas Valley and had no issues!!! I think everyone would have good and bad things to say about any repairer. I would be more than happy to take my car back to Lynas Valley and have friends in Adelaide who have taken their ef for servicing their since new.
t08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #50
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey all,my cousin works at jarvis and after going there for parts and seeing how they operate,i wouldn't let them work on my datsun sunny,but not to single out jarvis ford,i have heard of alot of ford places shonking customers.

I also work in a northern suburbs dealership and it is the same if not worse...Just goes to show that there isn't that many places that really care about customer satisfaction.
futura888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #51
boss 300

mate,my new xr8, got 4 service from ford,never again,now 5 years later 151.000km good as new,change oil every 5000, been tune once [properly],your local trader is the best man,sorry fellas my 2 cents.
Old 18-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #52
BHDOGS
Banned

Just cut through all this and go to heinrich performance and tuning up at lonsdale THE BRUCE does things right
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post