Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #121
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mum backed into it on friday night with my dads XR6T.. completely ruined my door..

answer the question? lol
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #122
forbsy

dad says anything with tits or wheels is trouble but hes got more cars then me?????

old age i think
ef mont custom el grille el number plate surround an ghia boot spear tinted repeaters and tail lights fairlane chrome trim 20'' anz 5+5 4499 paceys high flo cat 2 1/2 zorst one muffler ltd woodgrain fairlane trims el xr steering wheel ef ghia seats other bits and pieces
forbsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #123
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dad keeps knicking the 'lane cause he loves it. But he keeps leaving wide brimmed hats on the rear parcel shelf :(

I will come home and find it gone and a new Camry sitting in its place (he has a key, and I keep one to the Camry). My parents live about 20k's away too, but Dad knows I don't drive the lane much and likes it better than his work Camry. He knows to leave it there for Sunday's though!

The 'lane is called Fat Tony by the way, and is well known and loved thoughout our whole family. It was originally just bought as a tow car, but everyone has grown to love it much more than that! My granddad was a huge fan of Fords, having tank lanes and still has an AU Sportsman. He keeps asking about it. Mum and Dad bought a Series 1 EA Ghia new, but was an utter lemon and blew up at 9 months old. Dad liked the idea though, and this ghia actually works - coming up to 20 years later!

I am constantly told I am NEVER allowed to sell it, to the point my family already argue over who would buy it. Much like my granddad's late 60's F series truck which we all want.

Last edited by Pinch; 04-02-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #124
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

My dads always saying, why does it need to be so fast, or why does it need to be that loud, which is hiperciritical of him since he owns a harley with aftermarket pipes and a race tuner lol!, i think he just likes to stir!
Old 25-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #125
braiden
Starter Motor

My folks don't have a problem with my car. They like the look and sound of it, and encourage me in my modifications.
braiden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #126
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

My whole Family is big on cars, except the girls.

My Dad is always trying to get better things than i get, but he has so many car projects on the go that it's just expensive to try keep up with me.
My Step-Mum loves both cars as well. And is always interested to see what new things a have done.

My Mum isn't really into the cars, but she still likes them. She lives in Tassie, so hasn't seen both cars in the flesh yet.
My Step-Dad is a little into cars, he loved his Holden puss buckets until he actually had the money to buy a BMW. That just sits in the shed all day every day. He has a Ford BF XR6 ute for daily as he got the Ford discount through me. He doesn't mind it.

So i've got no probs on my end.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #127
partie

wow, i had no idea that my parents complain about the same thing as everyone elses: too loud, too low, too much money wasted, too much time wasted .... ect
partie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #128
JC260

My mum wants my car... will do anything to get a drive!
Dad likes it too but gives me the "its too low" speech. Neither are particularly big car people, but can certainly appreciate the time and effort (and money) thats gone in.

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post