Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #1
Aeron
DJR Fan

Default Today I spun a Porsche GT3 at over 120km/h

Today was my Wakefield Park track day. I was there with a heap of HSV's. 2 LS2 Maloo utes, a VX SS with Alcons all round (6Pison on the front) and had a unichip and a bunch of other HSV's. What a bloody fantastic day. There was a guy there with a yellow Porsche GT3. I asked him if he could take me for a ride in it, so he did. Then we get out of the car and he says, "Do you want a drive mate?". I've met this guy 10 min ago and he's asking me if I want to drive his $225,000 Porsche GT3. So I said yes!! After stalling the car twice just taking off, we get going. Im taking it easy on the first lap and he tells me to get stuck into it on the 2nd lap, so I do. Well, coming back down the hill at Wakefield, the fast right hander, im into this thing hard, we'd be doing 120 easy, and OH , the **** end came out juuuust a little bit. Silly me not thinking, Porsche, rear-engine, I backed off, just a bit, as the **** slid out. Well, BIG MISTAKE IN A PORSCHE!!!!!!!! As quick as you can, "I could buy a house with this car" we are spinning off the track at a million miles an hour in a cloud of dust. My drivers window was open so and cabin filled with dirt and grass, then thump, bang, and we end up back on the track facing the wrong and a few hundred meters down the road from where we left the track. I looked at him and said, "Sorry mate, im so sorry". You have no idea how i felt. He says, "Thats ok, just turn round and we'll do some more laps if you like". I said, "nah mate, I think we'll go back to the pits". There was even grass between the tyre and the rim!!!

The thing just snapped so fast. But what a top bloke!!! He even said i could go back out in it later if i like. I didnt but.
I've always wanted to spin a Porsche before my 22nd Birthday : :

NOTE TO SELF: Sideways in Porsche, DONT BACK OFF!!!!! :

Here is a pic of the Porsche...

But yeh, the XR6T was great round there. Brakes weren't bad but where better than at Oran Park. I was doing 1:17's at the end of the day but had a bloody great time coming onto the straight sideways :
The HSV boys were great and loved the XR6T too. I took one guy for a spin and he loved it.

EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:15 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You lucky bastard!!! Some guy comes into my work who has a GT3 and an M3. I just drool everytime i see both. Hes considering a Ferrari next but personally id go the new 911 turbo or a GT2 :
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #3
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Eeek! I think I'll stick to cars with the engine up in front of me driving the rear wheels, thanks!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:18 AM   #4
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Geez, You'd have to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming.
When someone is that generous these days you begin to ask yourself WHY?
That kind of niceness is rare. Sounds like a top bloke and seems like you had a bit of fun.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:31 AM   #5
Aeron
DJR Fan

Parts of the spin are coming back to me. Its strange, i keep having flash-backs. I think the car under-steered first. When my car car does that, you just lift a bit to re-gain front grip, but the Porsche re-gains the grip very fast and if you dont get back into it, you spin the bloody thing because the weight transfers from the rear to the front.

But you are right JADED6, I dont know many people that would hand the keys to Porsche GT3 to a 21year old guy in the first 10mins of meeting him. I offered him a drive of my car and he said, "nah, i'd probably spin it". :

Old 04-08-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

What a legend, and to offer you another drive after the spin, top bloke, I would have ****ed myself laughing if it were me and I offered him a drive off my vehicle and he said that, if I had just spun he's Porcha.lol.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #7
XR6ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
But you are right JADED6, I dont know many people that would hand the keys to Porsche GT3 to a 21year old guy in the first 10mins of meeting him. I offered him a drive of my car and he said, "nah, i'd probably spin it". :

LOL @ you offering him a drive in your car....... ford vs porche

I would have taken the ford :eclipsee_ :
XR6ISM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #8
XRated
Shoot.

That's unreal mate! I can't imagine owning a bloody XR6T at 21 let alone having some bloke give me the keys to his GT3! What an absolute legend of a guy!!

Out of curiosity, what did the GT3 and LS2s do around the circuit?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #9
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Thats awesome mate! If you see him again, point him out to me!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #10
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
That's unreal mate! I can't imagine owning a bloody XR6T at 21 let alone having some bloke give me the keys to his GT3! What an absolute legend of a guy!!

Out of curiosity, what did the GT3 and LS2s do around the circuit?
The LS2 manual Maloo was quicker than the auto and laped about a second quicker than my turbo. The other HSV laped about the same times as me. They have great brakes on the HSV's, but my top speed at the end of the straignt was the same as them. The Porsche is about 4 or 5 sec quicker than that!!! The grip, the power, the brakes are all magic. I want a GT3!!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #11
jmc-007

Nice work dude,

The best part of wakefield is comming onto the straight (at the last turn)

lol

, but glad ur ok and didnt destroy it \

you should buy a lotto ticket :eclipsee_
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #12
XWGT