Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #31
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Whatever you do, DO NOT MOVE WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW.

So many drug fked losers running round here it ain't funny. In the middle of packing and moving as we speak.

My complex has been hit 5 times the last fortnight for break and enters, the real estate doesn't give an eff, and everyone is rude and arrogant as hell.
What part of southern brissie do you live in we have lived here for 10 years, in 5 different suburbs and never once had a problem. Sunnybank Hills, Algester, Runcorn, Drewvale and Coorparoo. I dont think we have just been lucky either, just pick quiet streets when we buy.
smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Probably Woodridge.

Inner western Brisbane is the place to be though.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #33
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacxr8
What part of southern brissie do you live in we have lived here for 10 years, in 5 different suburbs and never once had a problem. Sunnybank Hills, Algester, Runcorn, Drewvale and Coorparoo. I dont think we have just been lucky either, just pick quiet streets when we buy.
i'd say the logan area?
eagleby
around there?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like the tenderfeild area for rainforest's acres and the redcliffe area for in town
Old 10-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #35
BA Baracus
xls

If you don't want boring then Toowoomba is maybe not the best location. I grew up there in my early life and now somewhat live close to Ipswich in Bris. Housing/rent is far cheaper in Toowoomba though and I'm pretty sure there's work to be had there fairly easily. I am driving there this coming weekend to help a mate move back to Brisbane (he got sick of the boredom). He found a job forking and manufacturing very quickly when he first moved up there a year or so ago (company making refrigerators).
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #36
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

As far as I can see toowoomba is only 35-40min away from Ipswich which in tern is also about 35-40min away from Brissy. Where we live in WA we are 40min from Mandurah and Freo the other direction. About 1hour from Perth and 20min from Rockingham. Never used to take so long to get anywhere but traffic has gotten much busier of late. I drive 40km to work and back each day and that takes 45-55min to allow for traffic. So we don't mind a bit of travel but have to consider employment and cost of living. I rather have 1acre for 200K than 600msq. I also noticed that Toowoomba has BMW, MB, Audi etc Rcokingham only has locals and nissan and there is only one BMW dealership in all of WA. I quess what you call boring might seem like living in the big smoke compared to here. Really there is noting overhere.Wait Awhile still is appropriate. Did you know we only just got raillink to the southern suburbs late last year and they only carry four car trains? It is 2009 people we have entered a new eara, we have a train Yippy LOL

As previous again thanks for the info

Baz

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #37
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
i like the tenderfeild area for rainforest's acres and the redcliffe area for in town

I am sure Redcliffe is nice, you got a few bob to throw my way?

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #38
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Redcliffe is like a giant retirement village by the ocean - very boring.

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #39
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair302
XR6 661: As said before we will consider other options. It is lifestyle we are after, not perving on 18yr olds. Can do that here when the missus isn't looking. If similar setup if possible near Cairns for same money and employment possibilities are good we will consider it. Any info?
Mate, can't beat the lifestyle in Cairns. It's laid back and cruisy. Plenty to do around here as well.

The city it's self is very easy to get around and the suburbs are all within about 20mins from the city centre. Peak hour traffic does slow those times down, but that's the same everywhere really.

House prices & rent are probably in the higher bracket from what I understand, I'm no expert on this, I'm 21 and live at home...for a generic 3 bedroom house on 700m2 you'd probably be looking at around the 280k mark I'd imagine....Rent is usually $300+ for a 3 bedroom hourse....

Umm employment, not 100% sure with the industry you work in. Probably just jump on careerone.com.au and suss out what's happening in the Cairns area.

If you moved here, my reccommendation would be to live on the Northern side (i.e. Beaches / Smithfield / etc ) and stay clear of inner city suburbs. Namely the three M's...Manoora, Manunda & Mooroobool. They are full of undesirables.

Oh, and I hope you are patient behind the wheel. Cairns drivers are incredibly bad!!!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
BrisVegas
Noobie

I grew up in Toowoomba and moved to Brisbane for work after uni (software engineer - not much of that work in Tbar). Both places have their appeal. Toowoomba is nice if you like a bit of foggy weather and a bit more of a country feel. It's still a pretty small city however, so shopping, entertainment and the like are bit limited by comparison. My parents still live in Toowoomba and the place seems to be almost on par with Brisbane for house prices. It's no longer a cheaper alternative.

I live in Springfield now, which is between Ipswich & Brisbane. There are plenty of acreage options surrounding Springfield at places like Greenbank, Jimboomba, Bellbird Park, Yamanto etc... There is a new town centre being constructed in Springfield around the Orion shopping centre, corporate park and university. It should be thriving place in a few years. They're predicting Springfield will be 70,000+ people eventually. Lots of infrastructure built and planned. We bought in on the golf course at Brookwater a few years back before the prices went too silly.

I commute to Brisbane on the train and it's 35 minutes from Goodna or 25 minutes from Darra. The major drawback of the area is the weather. As mentioned already it's 5deg hotter in summer and 5deg colder in winter than Brisbane cbd. The Centenary Highway is yet to be duplicated, so the traffic is woeful in peak hour if you need to drive for work.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #41
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me and family should be moving up July this year from Far South Sydney. Just spent 2 weeks up there looking around. We really liked almost all of the Gold Coast. If not there we will head too Caboolture area. Wife wants the shops of Gold Coast : We didnt head out west way to have a look as we like the coast more but Caboolture looked to be great and not too far from Brisbane or the Sunny Coast!

Good Luck with your move!
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #42
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Redcliffe is like a giant retirement village by the ocean - very boring.
Aye, im not retireing anytime soon. Redcliffe is a pretty nice place to live.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #43
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Aye, im not retireing anytime soon. Redcliffe is a pretty nice place to live.
Yeah it is.

But ya gotta admit that it's the final resting place for most of Brisbane

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #44
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Yeah it is.

But ya gotta admit that it's the final resting place for most of Brisbane
Yeah your right Dan, i never chose to live here it was just where i found something close to work. Ill probably be moving to N/Lakes, Murumba Downs, Griffin area at the end of the year if i cant find anything around here. I want something close to work.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #45
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All this queensland speak makes me think of where im living- it's a bloody nice place, but because its nice everyone moves there turns the whole place into a busseling? suburb and feks it right up, then we all move on to the next place..i hate people, ,lol
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #46
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
Me and family should be moving up July this year from Far South Sydney. Just spent 2 weeks up there looking around. We really liked almost all of the Gold Coast. If not there we will head too Caboolture area. Wife wants the shops of Gold Coast : We didnt head out west way to have a look as we like the coast more but Caboolture looked to be great and not too far from Brisbane or the Sunny Coast!

Good Luck with your move!
Caboolture eh ??? Hope you've got a guard dog and a gun
Old 12-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #47
monte.b

We moved from the gold coast last dec ,been there since 1963 ,its stuffed , full of yuppies ,druggies, liars and cheats ,just full of plastic people ,moved to maryborough ,gods own country , love it ,20 mins from hervey bay ,thats a rathouse and gods waiting room but its on the sea ,plenty of good fishing here ,good people and no road rage ,regards ,Monte.b
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post