Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #31
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Ok this is the bit I dont understand

Channel 9 sacks him. Says we dont want you on our station any more as you are inappropriate, a bad role model and a risk etc etc

However, before you go, just duck down to do an interview that we can air on ACA tonight. WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

I mean WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF how does that work? Did he do it on the basis he retains his contract pay out? Is it a "cop it today and we can smooth it over in 12 months time" deal or is it simply.........WTF?????????????????????????
Old 14-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #32
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure theres alot more tothis than we will ever find out, but regardless of if she was willing or forced at the time, he also wasnt forced to participate.

WE should go easy on the guy he's NRL so not so bright perhaps he was just following the interchange rule!

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 14-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #33
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Says alot about the girl IMO...

Plus i say, sack all the high paid executives who engage in not only cheating acts, but illegal drug related activites whilst you are at it... and just for laughs, jail all politians who do the same thing, but using tax payers money instead of their own...
Old 14-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #34
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
Ok this is the bit I dont understand

Channel 9 sacks him. Says we dont want you on our station any more as you are inappropriate, a bad role model and a risk etc etc

However, before you go, just duck down to do an interview that we can air on ACA tonight. WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

I mean WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF how does that work? Did he do it on the basis he retains his contract pay out? Is it a "cop it today and we can smooth it over in 12 months time" deal or is it simply.........WTF?????????????????????????
The bloke had sex with a women seven years ago that wanted to have sex with him. I dont see what the problem is. some woman with low morals now wants to blame everybody else for her mistakes , probably because she sees it as an opportunaty to make some money, why else would she do it ,if she was ashamed about it she would not go on tv to talk about it if it was so traumatic. now matthew johns cops all the flack, it was delt with seven years ago and should be left at that. thanks again to the media thinking they can make plenty of money out of this at matthew johns and his families expense. basically ruin somebodys life just to make some money is what the media are all about. lucky for this girl she does not live in a muslim country.
Channel 9 had no chioce but to stand him down as we have had other scandals of late and both channel nine and the nrl would not have looked good to have left him there. they will now gauge the public reaction over the next few months to which I believe many will support him and then he will be bought back. good luck matthew johns and all the best.
Old 14-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
they will now gauge the public reaction over the next few months to which I believe many will support him and then he will be bought back. good luck matthew johns and all the best.
Apparently Ch 9 had a ton of calls of support for Johns after the ACA interview.
Old 14-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #36
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Apparently Ch 9 had a ton of calls of support for Johns after the ACA interview.
thats good to hear, hopefully the public will see it for what it is and return matthew johns sooner rather than later.
Old 14-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluovl
I watched the Four Corners show and from what I could work out, this girl says she wants to expose those involved and she doesnt care for what happens to them or their families. Her mistake from years back is now going to bring down others.
I thought Matthew Johns handled himself very professionally and that Tracy Grimshaws questioning was pathetic and ordinary. I felt for Johns and when watching his answers could you could tell that he wanted to let more out but was most likely advised not to.
It appears this girl made a choice 7 years back that she now regrets, and others will now pay for her poor choice.

She wasnt the only one who made a poor choice...

I seriously haven't got anytime for this bloke.. not totally because of what he did to her, but more so what he has done to his wife!

What an utter and complete tosss bag...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 14-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #38
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
She wasnt the only one who made a poor choice...

I seriously haven't got anytime for this bloke.. not totally because of what he did to her, but more so what he has done to his wife!

What an utter and complete tosss bag...
and what was it he did to her? you sound like a woman who whinges too much. :togo:
Old 14-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #39
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

The whole lot is a shameless ratings grab by Channel 9....

How bout the old tart Tracy Grimshaw with her looks and tones
of moral condemnation.... what a croc.
And Matt Johns, sniffing and snuffling....bungin one on, someone chuck him a frikken hanky
(line of coke before the interview maybe ?)

It aint news, it aint journalism..... Its typcal ACA BS...
Just when you think Channel 9 cant get any worse, they role this garbage
out !!!
Old 14-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #40
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
and what was it he did to her?
Ummm ... cheated on her and embarrassing her and her family in front of all of Australia? That's a pretty big one.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
Old 14-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #41
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Ummm ... cheated on her and embarrassing her and her family in front of all of Australia? That's a pretty big one.
embarrass who ,the girl or his wife? I did,nt know embarrassing somebody was a crime.
Old 14-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #42
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and what was it he did to her? you sound like a woman who whinges too much. :togo:
Nothing wrong people having an opinion.

Lets see if you can have one without name calling?
Old 14-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #43
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Did I hear this right?

She can accuse the druggies brother of anything but not be named herself while NOT pressing charges??

This smacks (oh dear) of journalism at its lowest peak.

Cheers
Mick
Old 14-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #44
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

How about his SO called teammates fess up?
Might give us a little more insight.
Yes, Matty did the wrong thing, but why should he bear the full brunt of it forced down his throat by that monster of Aussie media called ACA? :
Old 14-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #45
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSG6ET
Nothing wrong people having an opinion.

Lets see if you can have one without name calling?
Have you got anything decent to add or are you just bored and needed to type something on your screen? and there you go, no name calling.
Old 14-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #46
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Love some bits in the transcript.

"I opened my eyes and they were all line up at the end of the bed."

hahaha

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 14-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #47
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Have you got anything decent to add or are you just bored and needed to type something on your screen? and there you go, no name calling.
Um you're the one who needs to write rubbish for the sake of it.

Im talking about his wife, not the victim...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 14-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #48
timmo

I think the ABC and Four Corners has a lot to answer for, as they've used Matty Johns as the headline story purely for ratings. Regardless of morality (to which everyone has different levels), he has done nothing illegal. As far as investigative journalism goes, this is something we are more used to seeing on ACA and TodayTonight, not Four Corners.
There were far more serious issues raised during the program that were glossed over as a segway into the Matt Johns affair. Not least, Charmyne Palavi stated that she was raped by an high profile NRL Player. This was not pursued, as she was obviously used in the program as the hunter, not the hunted...
Old 14-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #49
cjf
GT Hardcore

I think its about time the media cops some critisim for the endless gossip and life ruining crap they continue to broadcast without proper investigation.
As for the NRL side of things the only person bringing the game into disrepute is David Gallop for his constant media grand standing and outspoken moral views which have nothing to do with the game or his job.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
Old 14-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #50
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

It's shocking to me that the NRL has taken it upon themselves to be the morality police of late. Professional testosterone driven men, thrown into the limelight and idolised by promiscuous women - we're not talking about celibate priests here that just happen to kick the ball around on a weekend.

Had Johns committed a crime then I would support his expulsion from Ch9 as well as the legal ramifications of it. As it stands, he had consensual group sex with a willing woman (I'd go as far as saying most likely one that intentionally sought it), something that isn't out of place in any sporting code around the world.

Sportspeople can be role models for their skill and behaviour on the field but the moment they walk off it, the role model jersey comes off. I don't look to sportspeople to teach my kids right and wrong and as such, a bunch of them on the turps getting into a barney or a few of them tagteaming a woman wouldn't make any impact on my childrens development whatsoever.

We're getting too precious about the behaviour or people who's only claim to anything is their skill at participating in a sport.
Old 14-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #51
cjf
GT Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It's shocking to me that the NRL has taken it upon themselves to be the morality police of late. Professional testosterone driven men, thrown into the limelight and idolised by promiscuous women - we're not talking about celibate priests here that just happen to kick the ball around on a weekend.

Had Johns committed a crime then I would support his expulsion from Ch9 as well as the legal ramifications of it. As it stands, he had consensual group sex with a willing woman (I'd go as far as saying most likely one that intentionally sought it), something that isn't out of place in any sporting code around the world.

Sportspeople can be role models for their skill and behaviour on the field but the moment they walk off it, the role model jersey comes off. I don't look to sportspeople to teach my kids right and wrong and as such, a bunch of them on the turps getting into a barney or a few of them tagteaming a woman wouldn't make any impact on my childrens development whatsoever.

We're getting too precious about the behaviour or people who's only claim to anything is their skill at participating in a sport.
Very well put, I couldn't agree more with these comments, every one is entitled to personal life that is no one elses business . If there are No laws broken then there is No Story,and is just a media beatup ,bordering on defamation.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
Old 14-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #52
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Charges were never laid 7 years ago, and none are being laid now, Leave the poor man alone!!, although not a fan of the game, i like matty johns and this is destroying his personal life and his current career, He seems very sorry and shouldn't be left to take the blame by himself, the other men involved should at least be named so they can apologise and move on, its very unfair whats happening to matthew
Old 14-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #53
Wally
XP Coupe

Well I'll be dissenter here. I think it's a disgrace that grown men would treat a young woman this way. And to make it worse married men. I would suspect that Mr Johns would be horrified and vengeful if he was the father of a 19 yearold girl who has had a pack of neandertals poking their widgets in her every orifice and masturbating as well.

This woman didn't wait until now to reveal what was tantamount to rape; the police got involved soon after. Unfortunately football heros seem to be immune to prosecution, but if it had been a bunch of local maori blokes, there would be jail time with newspaper headlines. This woman has obviously matured and feels strong enough now to protest the lack of justice. She wants people and star struck girls to know that bad things happen at the hands of so called heros and how she has suffered incognito, while Johns has enjoyed celebrity status... she must have been seething every Thursday night..

Men have a responsibility to behave like civilised beings. I bet they were all patting each other on the back straight after, for a well done spit roast, while they poured more drinks down their throat. They are such big brave hero type men they haven't even got the gonads to reveal themselves to the public...afterall what they did was OK so they need not be ashamed. They should be celebrating their manly deeds with their female and child fans right? I hope Mr Johns has a good cry when he sees the damage he's done to his kids, not the crocodile tears he tried, but failed to conjure on telly.

There is no way Johns feels remorse for his actions and it saddens me to think that there are other males out there who think it's acceptable to debase women. Go and tell you grandmothers that it's ok for you and your mates to gangbang a 19 yearold girl, regardless of the reasons and I bet you'd be in for a severe tongue lashing.

Last edited by Wally; 14-05-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 14-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #54
XRMATE
regular user (not drugs)

I just spoke with Matty Johns & he said all AFF members are invited to the next BUKKAKE PARTY : :
BEST 60 FT = 1.57
PB 11.10 @ 124 MPH
BA XR8 MKII 4SP AUTO SHOCKWAVE
TWIN 3" CUSTOM EXHAUST
Old 14-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #55
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This is going downhill fast, we are done.
Old 14-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #56
rodderz

I think it's absolutely disgraceful that Johns has been treated this way. I'de be dirty as hell on the Channel 9 and the NRL bosses for being spineless idiots who don't stick up for a person who has made both of them a lot of popularity and money.

The only person he needs ti apologise to is his wife, which he did after the incident and it nearly cost him his marriage. No doubt it definately would of if he hadnt of been honest.

This kiwi woman was no doubt full to the hilt at the pub (maybe on something else as well), no doubt the footy players were too, but in these instances it has happened many times before. She was said to be a very willing participant, and by all reports was asking for more. I wont use the term for what I would call her normally but I reckon it's safe to say she would have "thrived" on being the centre of attention amongst a footy team.

Now for her to come out 7 years later, after it's been investigated and done and dusted, and say she has mental problems, is wrong. Go to a doctor girl if you're that bad, not go to a TV show and destroy the career of a bloke in the process, because he was the only bloke she could remember. He's getting hung out to dry because he was the only one named, and these bosses give him the sack because they're seen to be doing thee right thing.

If I was fatty vaughtan of the footy show tonight I would give them all a royal spray and walk off. The media has crucified this bloke, as well as a heap of keyboard warriors on news sites, when they don't stop and think about the other point of view. Trial by media at it's best!
Closed Thread