Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #31
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Lots of faith in Emperor Rudd & Robin Swan 4V? If the debt isn't scary enough, alcopops could see us rush to an early election...
Yes.. im bunkering in and limiting my "exposure" before robin and his band of merry men come collecting...

Old 13-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #32
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found it funny when Swan announced the new pension age from 65 to 67. Completed in 2023 haha. The whole parliament laughed.

Amazing Swan started to blame Howard and Costelllo for their spending in the 'Boom times'. But in a supposedly recession we are spending more than previously. And not necessarily on the right area's.

Also this building Australia has less funding compared to what the hand outs cost us. Go Figure

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Old 14-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #33
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm doing as you are 4Vman, smashing my car loan and both credit cards. Obviously be at least 2 years before I do, but hey thems the breaks. I'm glad this thread has not had any arguments. It'll be a good one to keep open, as AFF members opinions and thoughts are quite educated and generally very informative. My own opinion centres around the fact that this budget, and the subsequent years to follow, would probably be much the same if John Howard or Etcetera had the top job. What people don't understand is if a recession is coming, doesn't matter who's in charge, they'll borrow money to cover their country and worry about it later. Very general I know, but the iPhone isn't long-text friendly.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 14-05-2009, 06:24 AM   #34
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
This govt frightens me, i've changed tacks, i'm paying off debt as quickly as i can now to live loan/debt free.... No more investment loans.
If i can't pay cash for something i'll go without.
Im not risking my future or placing trust in anyone elses hands at the moment.
Smart move buddy.

The current GFC is nowhere near as bad as they are making it out to be on our controlled media.

What's happening right now is no accident either, it's a controlled collapse (the Stimulus payments where/are designed to delay the inevitable) in an effort to consolidate power into a few greedy hands.....to put it in simple terms.

Let's forget about politics and realise that both parties are run by the same people in a fake left/right paradigm which is now starting to show it's ugly face for those who are willing to see it.

For those who want to know the "real" truth of our current economic climate, try this fella http://www.theinternationalforecaster.com/ he's been in the stock market since the 60's and knows the global economy inside out.

And if you want to know why we're in the current mess (and Mr Swan has absolutely nothing to do with it), watch this 3.5hr doco from the mid 90's http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936) yes it's long but it explains the Bankers' whole greedy game being played out today!

A lot of people are saying "buy gold now" and they are right that if it all goes to hell, Gold (and Silver) will be the only currency in circulation, but just make sure you have something to defend it with first!

Have a nice day.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 14-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #35
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
This govt frightens me, i've changed tacks, i'm paying off debt as quickly as i can now to live loan/debt free.... No more investment loans.
If i can't pay cash for something i'll go without.
Im not risking my future or placing trust in anyone elses hands at the moment.
johnny howard dug us out of the last mess left by the labour government and put the country in a better position than it had ever been. but it did not take very long for krudd to come along and put us so far in debt it is behond a joke and the worst in history. he comes along spending money like theres no tommorow ,basically to try and avoid 2 quarters of negative growth which would place us in a recession ,this was done to try and make him not look like a bad pm by placing the country in a recession while he was at the helm, so he has got us so far in debt just to try and make himself look good but this has now failed. the only one to win from this budget is pensioners by gaining a measley $30 per week, probably enough to buy a bag of fruit these days. everyone else will be made to suffer from his spending ways for years to come. thanks kevin 07 and for the tools who thought it was a good time for a change and voted for a dope. :togo:
Old 14-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #36
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
I'm doing as you are 4Vman, smashing my car loan and both credit cards. Obviously be at least 2 years before I do, but hey thems the breaks. I'm glad this thread has not had any arguments. It'll be a good one to keep open, as AFF members opinions and thoughts are quite educated and generally very informative. My own opinion centres around the fact that this budget, and the subsequent years to follow, would probably be much the same if John Howard or Etcetera had the top job. What people don't understand is if a recession is coming, doesn't matter who's in charge, they'll borrow money to cover their country and worry about it later. Very general I know, but the iPhone isn't long-text friendly.
What should have happened, is the handouts should NEVER have been given out (whilst its nice to get free money, reducing our credit card debts is not going to pay for services and keep people in jobs).

All that money should have been poured into infrastructure projects from the start - if a recession is on the cards, then we need to get people into work so they can earn money to spend on services, to keep others in jobs whilst protecting their own! There wouldn't be close to one million Aussies out of work if they're all working for the govt....

It would have been a great chance to do even more than what they've said - build more homes to reduce the housing crisis on the eastern seaboard; fix up the nations roads; more hospitals to ease the crippled health system; improve facilities for sporting clubs, improve water drainage, plant more trees etc etc........

They've started to head down the right track, but already $43b down as a result of the stimulus which, as has previously been stated, only delayed the inevitable, and meant the govt has had to borrow more, which will result in the greatest level of national debt that this country has ever seen - $188b in a few years!!!!

Costello must be horrified at the numbers that are being talked about, particularly after he spent so many years as Treasurer trying to fix up the Hawke / Keating Labor debt years....

I can only cringe when I think about all the future money that WON'T be spent on us, because the government of the day will be having to pay off the massive interest on all the debt!
Old 14-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #37
gtfpv
GT

life spans may be longer . but fitness levels certainly arent on par , with our grand parents . people died young but in relatively good shape . ( fell ill) but over all were fitter .
govt simply cant keep preaching this crap. about living longer .

i hate to say it , but wrong moves have been made . cutbacks are good . yes but handouts are not .
i would rather of seen tax increase4s in the budget over increased retirement pension ages . it is gonna cost the worker . not the unemployed and welfare bums .they could of contributed with higher GST .
Old 14-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #38
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
johnny howard dug us out of the last mess left by the labour government and put the country in a better position than it had ever been. but it did not take very long for krudd to come along and put us so far in debt it is behond a joke and the worst in history. he comes along spending money like theres no tommorow ,basically to try and avoid 2 quarters of negative growth which would place us in a recession ,this was done to try and make him not look like a bad pm by placing the country in a recession while he was at the helm, so he has got us so far in debt just to try and make himself look good but this has now failed. the only one to win from this budget is pensioners by gaining a measley $30 per week, probably enough to buy a bag of fruit these days. everyone else will be made to suffer from his spending ways for years to come. thanks kevin 07 and for the tools who thought it was a good time for a change and voted for a dope. :togo:
This is a public forum mate, you need to be very careful what you say you never know who's watching.

The rest of the world still think this downturn, or Global financial crisis as they call it, was caused by greed and poor regulation in the American mortgage market. If they crack onto the fact that the actual cause was Mr Rudds government and financial mismanagement we could all be in the poo. The Yanks might nuke us for causing so much trouble or may be worse!!

Tonight the Libs get a chance to tell us how they would handle things if they were in power. They would have to borrow to fund their solutions also, but I'm tipping they will claim not be as much as Labour have. So our choice is between a big debt or a bigger debt.
Old 14-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #39
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
Agreed 100%.

Joe Hockey said that labor spent more on handouts than infrastructure figure that one out!

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Old 14-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This is AFF, as per site T&C we do not allow political threads here.

The real world can stay where it is, outside here.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread