Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
chrisearl88
Starter Motor

Default Warning lights!!!

Hi all, new the the forums! Did anyone ever work out the solution to the warning lights after stereo install issue. I had just had the exact same problem. Ive about 4 or 5 installs before and im sure im not doing anything completely stupid. I had checked all the fuses ect and done a diagnostic test and got a DTC code of #01 D900. Have tried to do a reset by d/c the battery for 10 mins but this hasnt cleared the lights. Does anyone know of any other way to clear the lights? Should i just take it into ford to get them to clear it??

This is a copy of the original thread:

"So the installation of the stereo was successful as the stereo works. However in doing so I have managed to lose some things which with my limited knowledge of auto electrics on newer models have confused me. A little help with the following would be appreciated.

1. The indicators work but the green arrows do not display on the instrument cluster and I cannot heard a relay clicking?

2. The airbag, engine, handbrake and seatbelt warning lights are permanently illuminated?

3. The outside temp etc in the command centre are not displaying a value just ---.

Hopefully someone can help me so I do not have to pour over the wiring diagrams or worse still, admit defeat and have a professional sort it out for me and look like a goose. At least with a forum I can remain a somewhat anonymous goose."

Any input would be great. Thanks in advance
Cheers
Chris

chrisearl88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
20focus05
I wanna XR5

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...highlight=d900
jeez I posted that start of 07
my ford dealer could not clear it.
its still there

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
chrisearl88
Starter Motor

Hey guys, i worked out the problem. When i cut the harness to splice in my harness for the after market deck you end up with a few spare wires. I just cut the entire harness off for neatness and covered the ends of those wires as to not short it out. It appears however they are related to the airbag/seatbelt/aircon/headlight warning lights!!! God only knows why!!! It appears that these wires need to still be attached to the original harness regardless of whether its pluged into anything or not, this has me (a 4th year mech engineer and my dad a electrical engineering with 30+ years experience) stumped. I can see that there are two pairs of blue and grey wires that are connected together in parallel onto the harness (just connecting these together also solves the problem). I wonder why they dont just have these wires connected toegether normally as it doesnt really have anything to do with the stereo as far as i can tell. I assume some of the other "spare" wires as to do with models that have steeering controls and maybe 6 stackers or something.

So my words of advice are to use a wiring harness you can purchase off the net. OR if you alsolutely must cut and splice then only cut the wires you need and leave the rest on the original harness just dangling in the hole in the dash behind the stereo and you shouldnt have any dramas.

Also for anyone doing a stereo install in a focus, you will need a euro to iso aerial adapter to get your FM going. And you can order the facsia unit to put a single din radio in from aerpro product number FP9144, its black with a pocket underneath.

If anyone needs tips or tricks to remove the stock head unit or any advice relating to installing an aftermarket unit/amp on a 06 focus just email me and i will be happy to help.

Cheers
Chris
Old 14-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
chrisearl88
Starter Motor

oh but i still have a check engine light, but i think a d/c of battery for an hour should work that out