Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2010, 04:50 AM   #31
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I dont get it. Family, friends and work mates tell me all the time "Yeh and I was upgraded to first class!"
Out of ALL say 300 people on the plane how did they get picked?!?!?!?
It has to be someone I suppose - but its never me.
Yeh im jealous!

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's no first class travel in domestic flights. Unless one of the international flights is used in a domestic route. It happens frequently with flights coming to Perth, then heading to Singapore or Narita.

I understand emergency exit seats cannot be booked or allocated at quick check-in stands. You have to ask for exit seat at the check-in counters, as the staff need to see you are physically capable of opening the exit door.

I'd highly recommend not getting any further down the isle than the wing. The noise difference sitting infront compared to behind the engines is huge! I always aim for seats 20-35 when flying domestic. I can only speak from my experience flying Qantas, would never fly Virgin domestic.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #33
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

you need to be helpfull like giving up your seat on an overbooked flight. moving seats when asked,
or just know someone that works in seating and get them to give you an upgrade. the last one is what i did and it was so nice in first class in a singlet boardshorts and thongs
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
you need to be helpfull like giving up your seat on an overbooked flight. moving seats when asked,
or just know someone that works in seating and get them to give you an upgrade. the last one is what i did and it was so nice in first class in a singlet boardshorts and thongs
On a trip back from LA once, the flight was extremely overbooked because of some late connecting flights the day before (I was on one of them...) :( They asked for volunteers to give up seats and were promised Business Class the next evening and paid overnight accommodation and breakfast. Had I not already spent one night in LA and waited 12 hours for my 10pm flight, I may have been tempted.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #35
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i did that 12 hour wait to. you never get that time back do you? and 1 night in la airport region is way to long!
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #36
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Try 4 nights.

OK, a little trade secret that usually works; if you're on a full flight, wait for the plane to pushback and even begin to taxi, then call a stewardess over and tell her that there is something wrong with your seat. When she asks what, tell her that there is a bar or spring broken and it is sticking uncomfortably into you. Now, this only works if you are on a full flight; but she will then have to move you to another seat.
If there are no more economy seats then she will have to find the next best thing, or even one better. It works because the cost of turning the aircraft around coupled with the fact that the gate is probably already occupied by another plane means there is very little options left. The aircraft cannot take off without all passengers seated. A few people I know have done this successfully.

Quote: