Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #31
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Cheers. Thanks for that. Already a member so here we go....

http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/inde...ultimedia&f=40

To get it to work for me I had to go to the above link, save the avi file then it would play in Windows Media Player.

Cheers
Col.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,

Last edited by autickfordfairmont; 18-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #32
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bah, sound file not working for me for some reason. the file is only 70kb when downloaded.

is it working for other people?

i'm in the market for an exhaust, something sporty but not droney as the car spends a lot of time highway cruising (and 6cyl autos usually sound crap with droney exhausts)

-tim
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #33
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete23
bah, sound file not working for me for some reason. the file is only 70kb when downloaded.

is it working for other people?

i'm in the market for an exhaust, something sporty but not droney as the car spends a lot of time highway cruising (and 6cyl autos usually sound crap with droney exhausts)

-tim
It worked for me. It could be that your internet browser might not know what to do with an AVI file. Try visiting the file and then seeing the direct URL and saving it to your hard drive, then play it back that way.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #34
CYCO TROOPS
CYCO4D Wagon.

I got extractors, hi-flo cat and a 2.25" exhaust. I would like mine to sound louder, but its loud enough to set off alarms (tested) hehehehe.
I'll have a look whats under mine on friday and explain the layout to you cos it'll be at the exhuast place up on the hoist.
Old 31-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #35
xrford
WAGONE

Once you fit pacies what do you do with the cat cos the stock one is now too long to go in between, needs a straight one without the bend that used to go up to the standard manifold...
Do they make aftermarket ones that just bolt in and is it worth going for a hi flow one on a vct?
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #36
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can buy the smaller standerd cats and modify it, or just go to a exhuast mob and tell them to mod it to fit

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #37
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

i run pacemaker PH 4499's Balistic Hi flow cat and a redback 2.5ich from there with rear resy removed and it sounds nice