Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default rear tyres rubbing

hey guys got an 99 au xr8 ute with 155k on the clock last nite when i was giving her a wash i noticed rub marks from the wheels on the chassis rails at the back i haven't had anything heavy in there for over 4 months and the marks are fresh as and when i turn corners there is no rubbing sound or feeling this is strange and has me worried could my shackle bushes be worn.

Forgot to mention the suspension and wheels are completley stock no lowering no aftermarket wheels. all standard

Also posted this in the utes section but got no response

Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

if you carried heavy loads regularly before you stopped 4 months ago it's most likely shackle bushes. have you ever replaced them? or your leaf pack? if not, chances are it's all warn and is flexing just enough for it to rub. and you wouldnt hear it because it might only happen over bumps or slight curves. it's only touching it it's not a constant rub.
hendoau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't think any of the busheas in this car have been replaced
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

replace them and see how you go. i'm unsure of a price but it doesn't matter because it's part of maintenance and it sounds like it needs to be done.try and get nolathane bushes as well. they last longer than rubber bushes and they don't squeak as much. my father's nissan navara got nolathane bushes 4 years ago and it's had everything from dirtbikes to concrete blocks and they show no sign of wear yet.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds good guys will get under there this weekend
Old 11-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

it may be a bit time consuming because they've been in there a long time. and dont beat them out with a hammer use a rubber mallet and a flat ended punch. good luck with it.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
STROPP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate jack the car up and check your wheel bearings, when the bearing wear and get a bit of play the tyre will rub.