Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
RobVee

Unhappy Fairlane Damage

the fairlane got backed into without warning by a total moron and its looking a bit worse for wear

probably don't look too bad in ther photo but i am crushed .. the bumper bar, has copped a beating and its badly smacked up .. its just rubbish even though the other guy was at fault insurance co says it is equal liability(you pay for your own damage.... jerks) because the other guy was reversing at the time????

i suppose the good news, not too bad panel damage to the rear quarter, no one is hurt the car lives to rock on. and the guy who hit me was in a 2005 mini cooper and his car is going to cost him alot more than mine to fix so thats a plus .. and i guess there is the karma as well

anyone out there had a similar experience of getting stuffed around?

RobVee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

equal liability is ********
if he was in reverse, it's his fault. go to YOUR insurance company and get them to go into bat for you (that's why they're there!) and tell them to tell the other mob To Get Stuffed
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
equal liability is ********
if he was in reverse, it's his fault. go to YOUR insurance company and get them to go into bat for you (that's why they're there!) and tell them to tell the other mob To Get Stuffed
Agreed, if you were stationary. If you were also moving, then yes, split liability would be the norm.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Oops - double post
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

i got backed into down the main street 2 days after i bought my mint au. old woman blue ford festiva, just pulled out in front. ABS saved my front end from getting crushed. my left front panel behind the headlight was dark blue. (liquid silver originally!).
luckily it polished out with cut & polish. you wouldnt even know it happened. insurance company didnt care because theres no damage to mine and she's missing a rear tail light and she has a nice liquid silver rear passenger quarter. she didnt have insurance so she didnt complain to anyone or ring me up.
but in your case, that split liability is correct but its a s### law. atleast the beast will live to fight another day.
hendoau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

How much have you been qouted for repairs?

as for my stories, just read my project thread... 2 "good" stories in there...
Old 10-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well firstly that rule sucks by the sound of it. I would definitely say it is worth a try to go through your own insurance company and to get them to chase it up with the other guys insurance. Also, if nothing plays out and you need a new bumper i have one in liquid silver from a 2001 Fairlane Ghia, infact i have complete rear end.

Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVee
even though the other guy was at fault insurance co says it is equal liability(you pay for your own damage.... jerks) because the other guy was reversing at the time????
Who's insurance company said this.

If it's his, go to your guys.
If your company said it then you might have to wear it.

Have you had it quoted yet?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
RobVee

Thanks for the feedback guys! you guys are legends ! it really has got me cheered up alot. i thought i was going insane when my insurance company told me about the equal liability sttuff

even though i was stationary it looks like im still up for some dollars, that was my insurance company that said that too.. i can claim on the insurance but still have to most like 99.9999% sure have to pay excess

Anyway
so i went to the assessor today for price on repairs i was told all up it would be in the vicinity of 1100 - 1200 $$ to fix.

now is it just me or is that completely out there. I can accept these things, new tail light $278, new bumper bar $311 because i checked with Ford spare parts at the local dealer, then they have to paint the bumper bar too so fair enough. but im just spinning out on the rest of the cost. All told the panel damage is a big a 10c piece. they even told me they have to remove the window in the rear qurter panel which is apparently time consuming in order to fix the damaged bit .

any thoughts on this.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My damage cost me $1400 and i pushed in the rear 1/4 from sliding my sr into a colour bond fence taking out the pole.

Yours seems a little high to me, If they pulled my rear window out they were going to write the car off.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
RobVee

please excuse how crude this diagram is

this is a foto from before the car was hit but i hope it explains what the insurance repairer say that they have to do. for some reason the little window has to be removed which costs heaps extra to fix the damage right near the bumper bar?

Beer baron.
spot on mate 1100 - 1200 $$ just dont gel with me either. back in 2002 my datsun 200b coupe(well it was my first car, we have to start somewhere) got slammed by a truck and the drivers side rear panel got cut open like a tin opener and the damage bill was just over 1000 $$$ from the quotes i got back then.

Bartsau & Gasolane & Mr Hardware & hendoau99 & JC & Beer Baron
Cheers guys, thanks for your replies, as i said before i thought the world had gone mad overnite but everyone on here that hjas replied has really got me in the positive zone. thanks again .
i'm going to fight em(insurance co) to the last on this one. its just wrong that some moron can back into your car and we cop it

sorry for the long post dudes
Old 11-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #12
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

You're forgetting the 100-150 dollars per hour they get. Probably 4-5 hours work there.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #13
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

no problems brother, good luck!