Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
Thornie
Off smelting

Default what really is the go with fuel prices

my brother-in-law was involved in an accident at the mine he works at in roxyby downs and will be off work for some time. my missus, her dad and i jumped in the car from mildura to go and pick up his stuff from his cabin where he lives as he does'nt want to pay rent while he is off work. we filled up here at mildura with premium at $1.45lt (ulp here is $1.40) and made our 800km odd journey filling up at a really small town called spalding for $1.36 for premium (ulp there is $1.26) stop the night and fill up again at port augusta for the same price.

The next day we travel the other 280 odd kays out to roxby and visit the missus bro in hospital pack his stuff and go to re-fuel. Now i'm pretty sure roxby downs only has one servo and there price was still cheaper then milduras, plus there in the midle of no-where. Whats got me is there so isolated yet there fuel is 10-12cents cheaper then home and i did'nt think to ask why there fuel is so cheap.

Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

if they're so isolated, they may not have heard about the price going up yet
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #3
Hitman
Way over here

you'll probably find that because he doesnt sell as much fuel as the service stations in Mildura, he keeps it at the original price until he buys more fuel and then adjusts the price accordingly. Atleast thats what the guy that owns the3 service station in Underbool does.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
Thornie
Off smelting

You would think though, that if they sold less fuel then here in mildura they would bump their prices through the roof to keep making money.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
NZ
~~~

The same thing happens where I buy fuel.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post