Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
Paul73
Starter Motor

Default AUII lock keypad assigning?

Hey guys,
Just been given an AUII ute as a work vehicle. The lock keypad was faulty but have resoldered bettery carriage so keypad itself is operating but won't lock or unlock doors. My obvious next step is to assign the keypad to the car but it has no owners manual. Can someone help me with the procedure to force the car into learn mode so i can do this? It's an auto if that makes any difference. Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated.

Paul73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

from memory,u have to turn the demister on and off 5 times within 10 seconds. i cannt remember if ignition has to be on, i dont think so though. this will start the car into learn mode and will lock and unlock the doors a couple of times. this should set the keypad to the car.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is all I could find sunshine. Hope it helps

Adding and Removing remote Keypads to the Smartsheild module
Up to four Keypads can be programed and used with the Smartsheild Remote Central locking system.
If you have replaced the BEM, or new keypads are being added to the system, you will need to train the
keypad codes to the module.
1. The ignition switch should be in the Off position, with all the doors shut and Unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and within 5 seconds, operates the rear demister
switch exactly three times in quick succession. (IE. Press the switch so the Demister light turns on, then
off, then back on again.)
3. After the 5 seconds is up, the door locks will change state, to indicate that the BEM has entered keypad
learn mode.
NOTE : All existing keypads at this point, have been erased from memory !
4. Press either buttons on the keypad that is to be trained. The door locks will change state twice, to
indicate that the keypad has been added to the BEM memory.
5. Follow step 4. for each keypad that is to be added to the BEM memory. A maximum of 4 keypads can
be added to the BEM memory. NOTE : You must teach all remote keypads for the Smartsheild module,
before proceeding.
6. When you have taught all the remote keypads, turn the ignition to the Off position to leave the learn
mode. The door locks will change state to indicate a return to normal mode.
7. Check the function of all buttons on each keypad, to ensure that the keypad has been trained.
Smartsheild Operation
The immobilised state is indicated by the Smartsheild warning jewel (LED) as a rapid flash rate.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
Paul73
Starter Motor

Thanks heaps for the help...worked a charm, much appreciated!!
Paul73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Just did this today also, thanks for the advice.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It certainly pays to have an owner's manual.

Many seem to get a car without one included though. Pretty slack on the previous owner(s) if you ask me.

How hard is it to keep the thing in the glovebox? LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
sednwol

People have mentioned that when programming a second new remote (spare set) that it cancels all previous settings. If this is so,after you have" taught" your new remote do you need to remove it from the ignition and place the other set in the ignition and redo the demister proceedure for it as well or do you simply (after running the process on the new remote) simply press the buttons on the old remote with it not in the ignition?
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

No its just for the remotes, once the first remote has cycled just push the unlock / lock function on the remaining remotes to train them as well .They keys will remain the same.

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
paddy_au2
Starter Motor

ive been able to reset mine but the lock and siren buttons will not work? any ideas? im not sure if the remote is faulty :(
paddy_au2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_au2
ive been able to reset mine but the lock and siren buttons will not work? any ideas? im not sure if the remote is faulty :(
Therew will be a green buildup on the metal buttons of the keypad - scrape it off and the thing should work.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post