Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
turquoise

Default cruise control install, extra plug on loom?

Hi everyone,

Have been reading through the few cruise control install thread and decided to give it a go myself.

Sourced the system from a wreckers (but wasnt supplied with a replacement shroud for the back of the steering wheel, little bit of snipping to modify and all ok) for $195 delivered. Sweet.

So the install went fine, used the instructions from the thread: ttp://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296920

So my questions:
The new loom had 6 plugs in the engine bay part.
- CC unit
- washer motor
- power steering
-oxygen sensor
-brake sensor
-???

There is an extra plug! It's grey with red inside it, about 40mm wide, 15mm high. Cable attached isnt very long. Not sure what it's for, help!

I haven't started it up yet (haven't bled the brakes yet so haven't bothered) - actually that brings me to another question: I removed the wiring clip from the brake sensor but not the actual pressure switch, do i even need to bleed the brakes?

Is it going to be a disaster if i take off with plugging the extra loom into something or briding it out?

Cheers!

turquoise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
turquoise

Sorted, brake pressue switch.

Will delete this thread as it's a repeated in Contemporary Falcons. If someone can point out where the edit/delete post button is. Have a 'quote' button bottom right and 'post reply' bottom right but no 'edit'? Otherwise any Mods pls delete this? Cheers
turquoise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post