Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
fordlover
FORD-LOVER

Smile wheels i've choosen for my AU, thoughts pls photoshop

photos to show you the car they will go on and you can photo-shop them on if you wish
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS

For the last month I've been looking a wheels for my AU3 SR in 19"
today I went down to some Tyre places for the second time (last time i went they were too busy)
anyway after looking at others wheels in the speedy range which were no longer available after much much disappointment!! (speedy obsession and another set which i can't remember)

So today I went to Tyre power they weren't too helpful and Bobjane T-marts which the guy in bobjane was really helpful so we came across some XHP WHEELS: 'pure menace'
those are the wheels I'll be getting very soon also looked at at quiet a few other types of wheels including some advanti's which i also liked but couldn't beat my like for the "pure menace"

Now a reason why I am getting new wheels is so I can purchase and fit a brake upgrade to the rear off FTG also being their also just about stuffed. then it will clear and 16s can be sold

what are your thoughts?
heres a link I think their the wheels on the bottom right
http://www.xhpwheels.com/

Last edited by fordlover; 19-02-2011 at 10:22 PM.
fordlover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Have you tried here.... http://www.bobjane.com.au/virtual-wheels.html

May not be the exact type but might give you an idea.
Old 19-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

These look ok

Last edited by Papa Smurf; 12-06-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Xtreme PaintworX

talk to superformance 07 3488 7888 i got eagle alloys 192 in 17x7's for my ute!!! i love them great price,load rated!, and absolutly stand out and amazing finish!! love them
Xtreme PaintworX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
what are your thoughts?
I like the SR wheels. 19" wheels become too much of a liability. Every single rock, kerb, gutter, island, pothole, stick etc becomes a massive hassle rather than just a LOL RUN OVER IT.

Thats why i love my 16"s, I gutter hop and smash the **** out of everything. Its awesome.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
I like the SR wheels. 19" wheels become too much of a liability. Every single rock, kerb, gutter, island, pothole, stick etc becomes a massive hassle rather than just a LOL RUN OVER IT.

Thats why i love my 16"s, I gutter hop and smash the **** out of everything. Its awesome.

Have to agree - the SR rims are easy on the eye.
Another idea is to get rid of those hideous tail lights and return them to normal - that will make the car look 100% better.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Another idea is to get rid of those hideous tail lights and return them to normal - that will make the car look 100% better.
Have to totally agree there, those tail lights are hideous no matter what car their on..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
fordlover
FORD-LOVER

thanks everyone for your thought's but I'll be going through with the wheels despite the ride I really don't mind! can be easy rectified later-on with some better shocks & springs. AND also if i wanted to plow over everything I'd buy a four wheel drive lol

*My main goal is to look and be different!
oh and can't use the virtual wheel thing as 1 firstly they are a new wheel and secondly it doesn't allow for 19s
*hence I like the tail lights it gets the looks cause they look 100% hot in person
Thanks again

Last edited by fordlover; 20-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.
fordlover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Those XHP Menace look similar to BA Typhoon rims - very nice indeed, but the XHP are a bit chunkier, so will look great, IMO.

I am running 18" BA Typhoons on mine:

Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post