Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
TheSly1

Default Front End Knocking

Hey guys,

Firstly my car is a 2002 Falcon Series 3 SR 6 Cyl
I have developed a front end knocking in the week, from the passengers side front area, the noise is only there over bumps not when driving normal if that helps for diagnosis

i took off the wheels tonight and had a look around and compared each side to the other and the only thing i could see was what i have pictured below in red: - the picture is front the front of the car looking bar on the passengers side if that helps

what is this part called? on this side i can move it around and get a metal metal noise, on the other side its tight and doesnt move..

just looking for thoughts on this and what this part is called if it is the problem so i can order 2 more.

Thanks Kindly

Jason

TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
tufLTD
tufLTD

Default Re: Front End Knocking

It's called the front sway bar link bar. They wear in the ball sockets & knock like hell.
Old 18-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
T3man
Banned

Yep, that will be the culprit - Ford will charge you an arm and leg but they are available aftermarket from any suspension shop at less than half the price - even available on eBay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-Front-Sway-...item1e61c7622b
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Not a bad price either for them, Ford charges $57.00 each for them.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
TheSly1

Thanks guys very much appreciated, yes big knock on them..

Appreciate it
TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post