Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #61
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Re: Councils Want to Use Speed Cameras!!!!!!

Alright guys, give it a rest.

The topic is councils using speed cameras...can we do that?

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #62
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
So you dont think that is a personal attack, I suppose you've run that line past your boss? and what exactly am I/could I be hiding that justifies your abuse?

too right I couldnt be bothered answering, Ive no intention of going on a wild goose chase chasing. you are the one who claims that people driving too slowly are a huge cause of accidents, I say bs, produce some evidence, but you cant, even in your state would be a bonus, you then claim it will take a year to get....more bs, and then its my problem for being lazy.....

Im negative because i dont join in with the faster is good, 10km/h faster is insignificant , checking your speedo is dangerous anti logic drivel that is pushed around here ......guilty.
Regarding the request for information about the dangers of driving too slowly;

this one is nice and simple; http://apps.icbc.com/rs-tips/driving...dangerous.html

a decent article; http://www.roadandtravel.com/carcare/drivetooslow.htm

a road rule; "125. Unreasonably obstructing drivers or pedestrians

(1) A driver must not unreasonably obstruct the path of another driver or a pedestrian.
Penalty: 2 penalty units.
Note Driver includes a person in control of a vehicle—see the definition of drive in the dictionary.
(2) For this rule, a driver does not unreasonably obstruct the path of another driver or a pedestrian only because—
(a) the driver is stopped in traffic; or
(b) the driver is driving more slowly than other vehicles (unless the driver is driving abnormally slowly in the circumstances). "

another good read (the poll results are interesting); http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1111118408103

The views of two people in this thread (and you know who you are) are ignorant. Chanting the mantra of "don't speed and you won't get caught" is utter crap - just ask the increasing number of people who weren't speeding when the "safety" camera took that happy snap (there are many documented cases backing this fact up). And suggesting that maintaining a consistent speed is achievable is, frankly, just plain stupidity.

I don't condone dangerous driving - nobody does - and I think we can all agree on that
However you must accept that driving below the speed limit is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous than driving well above the limit.

The fact that so many people (I would suggest majority) are fed up with the "road safety" campaign which focuses heavily on speed is proof that many do not see logic in it.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #63
bf 40turbo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
Are you 90 years old?

Are you a Bogan?

Or are you just a fool because your replies to peoples statements are very illogical to say the least & if you want to drive around watching your speedo instead of the road to make sure you don't go 1 or 2 k's over the speed for that area is dangerous, foolish, annoying & a n a l.

Now run away or in your case walk slowly.

PS: I just looked over all your posts in the short time you have been a member & almost every one of them is a whinge or an attack on someone or someone's views & you seem like an anti car enthusiast to me so why are you here?
just waiting on your reply buddy i cant PM u like you did me just curious as too your responce
bf 40turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #64
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf 40turbo
just waiting on your reply buddy i cant PM u like you did me just curious as too your responce
I have no idea of what your on about as I did not PM you (I don't PM anyone) though I do answer if I am sent a PM so please explain?

I think you mean Falcon XR6 & he is not me
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #65
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
...It aint that hard, I drove a car for three years on the highway and in the city that didnt have a working speedo, tut, tut, no ticket for going too fast or to slow, its not really that hard.

Anti Car enthusiast?, they probably dont come more enthusiastic than me, especially when it comes to 60s and 70s Australian cars, but you think that should go hand in hand with a disrespect for: the laws of the road, preservation of human life and a proud ignorance of vehicle dynamics, then guilty as charged.
Wow......for someone who so vehemently takes the high moral ground about disrespecting our laws of the road (and BTW, they aren't actually laws...they are just rules) to admit flouting them on a daily basis for 3 years by driving an unroadworthy vehicle
Old 14-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #66
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
Wow......for someone who so vehemently takes the high moral ground about disrespecting our laws of the road (and BTW, they aren't actually laws...they are just rules) to admit flouting them on a daily basis for 3 years by driving an unroadworthy vehicle

ZING !!!

Love your work Matty !!!
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #67
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
I was thinking the same thing but have upset enough people of late so I kept quite but yeah go figure
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #68
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Struggle to see the relevance the posts have to the Thread Title. Gone way off track and needs to get back to the subject or runs the risk of being closed.

Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #69
bf 40turbo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
I have no idea of what your on about as I did not PM you (I don't PM anyone) though I do answer if I am sent a PM so please explain?

I think you mean Falcon XR6 & he is not me

haha far out my mistake sorry

still waiting on falcon xr6
bf 40turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post