Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #211
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Default Re: p plater driving V8s

Way too drag up a dead thread.
Old 15-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #212
stang073
Black pursuit on 20's

I still think it is stupid that a young p plater can drive a new xr6 but not a old 289 or something in an x-series. They should at least give it a power to weight ratio scale. Although not being a p plater, i own a new xr6 capable of over 200kph and i wouldnt want a new driver screaming around in one with his mates....
Old 15-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #213
nasss92

as opposed to puting the general consensus that all p platers are ridiculously bad drivers and only cause accidents, that shouldnt be allowed to drive any sort of car with some power..

how about. they should input a system whereby you have to pass an advanced driving course to prove you are a capable driver, and any driving infringements will result in a disqualification of driving said restricted vehicle for a prolonged period of time?? that way allowing those that do the right thing, to enjoy the many fruits of forced induction and v8 engines

and on that basis.. the amount of completely idiotic and shockingly bad fully licensed drivers with powerful cars is unbelievable.. how about inputting that sort of a system on them aswell. anything with a proven performance car output, say based on power/weight or acceleration times need to complete said courses

as for the surveys... i find it a bit unreliable that the statistics dont take into account the actual time spent on roads.. yes p platers may account for an elevated percentage, but i know for many in the position such as mine, we spend 2-3x what an average driver would do on the road per week (and this is not even going into the actual time that we are on the road, which can itself result in external environments increasing the chance of an accident) .. the longer time on the road would clearly result in a higher percentage of chance for an accident, and a failure to take that into account gives unrealistic data projections and subsequent analysis and policy making
Closed Thread