Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
brockfordsrule

Default need help with car issues

hey guys any help with au1 drivers door lock any ideas as to why the door lock wont lock or release via the remote but all other doors(the door works fine by key or inside door handle) anyone with suggestions as to the cause could you please post here also any ways to fix the problem

cheers

brockfordsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
mattsAU1

im not %100 sure but i had a rear passenger one go and it was the actuator
i had to have it replaced at a cost of about $300 :(
that was a Rex Gorell price though?
dunno if it is much help?
mattsAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
studz007

fellaz, have an au2 2001 model. finding it hard to put petrol in believe it or not. tried moving the nozzel and all that stuff but the trigger keeps clicking. takes me ages to fill up... does anyone know the cause or how to fix the issue.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockfordsrule
hey guys any help with au1 drivers door lock any ideas as to why the door lock wont lock or release via the remote but all other doors(the door works fine by key or inside door handle) anyone with suggestions as to the cause could you please post here also any ways to fix the problem

cheers
Sounds like an actuator to me. About $75 from FTG Auto salvage (site sponsor), or $300 odd from Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studz007
fellaz, have an au2 2001 model. finding it hard to put petrol in believe it or not. tried moving the nozzel and all that stuff but the trigger keeps clicking. takes me ages to fill up... does anyone know the cause or how to fix the issue.
Do you always fill up at the same servo and experience this problem? If so, try a different servo. If it happens at all servos, then you just have to wiggle the nozzle until you find a position that it likes. The reason the flow stops is that the fuel filler nozzle detects pressure in the tank etc and stops pumping, so it's usually a problem with the style of nozzle, not the car. Unless you have a rag or something stuffed down the fuel filler pipe.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #5
mattsAU1

Quote:
i think there is an air release hole in the neck of the filler nozle on your car somewhere if it is blocked the air cant get out as the fuel goes in and the fuel splashes back up the nozle and clicks off
try maybe finding it and make sure it isnt blocked
i jerked juice so to spaek for bout 5years or so and used to have the problem fairly regularly but most of the time it was with cars that ran on leaded petrol?
mattsAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
studz007

Default i see

cheers ladz,

it happens at every servo i go to so i don't think that it a certain type of servo that causes it. how do i possible find the hole that you are talking about. also i put on a new airpod the other day. to me it seems that it has lacked a bit of power since i put it on. Or do u think that i am just getting use to the power?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
cheers ladz,

it happens at every servo i go to so i don't think that it a certain type of servo that causes it.
Have you tried pulling out the nozzle a little, say 2 cm? Works for me.

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 05:31 PM   #8
studz007

i'll give it ago
Old 18-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #9
OldManGhia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockfordsrule

cheers
The door actuator has to be replaced. My auto electrician friend did mine for $150. These door locks stuff up if the door is closed to hard. I know, thats what happened to mine.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

also Studz, that same thing happens to me a woolworths servo's some times. ive found if you partially squeeze the trigger it stops clicking, and then you just graduallly squeeze the trigger to full open position it works fine again.

i got the sh1ts one day and drove off with only half a tank of fuel lol (i paid of course hahaha)
Old 18-10-2005, 07:45 PM   #11
studz007

cheers mate, it worked fine the other day at shell... got me buggard why. just have to fill up shells more often. Also got driving lights (spotties) in my front bumber. The were there when i bought the car a couple of weeks ago. Im finding it hard to see if they are connected. How do i find out?
Old 21-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #12
NewAU2XR8Owner

Hi hope you guys canhelp me out.

I have just purchased an AU2 XR8 ute (11/2001) is there anyway of telling how many kilowats it has. From the stuff I have found on the net any AU2 XR8 ute made 11/01 could have either the 200kw or the 220kw. The ute only has 45000 kays on it and the dealer seems to think it has been Tickford enhanced, is there any way of telling that out aswell ??
Old 21-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Check the Throttle body. If it is a 2 part TB and EGR spacer, then it's the 200kw motor. If it has a one piece TB with the Tickford Wings etched into it, it is likely to be 220kw.

The other way to tell is on a dyno. 200fwkw should be around 150 rwkw, while 220fwkw should yield around 165rwkw.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #14
NewAU2XR8Owner

Cheers thanks for the info I will have a look as soon as I can.