Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #31
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAVEN
this is just as bad!

oh my god!?!?

thats almost as bad as that XF going around with the BA front on it!!

why do people bother??

and i reckon the CUBsport thing is referring to the holden lion aswell.
Old 28-10-2005, 08:04 PM   #32
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

That red VL with the VY front lives around my area, and although i dont agree with what they've done, it looks a lot better seeing it in the metal.
Old 28-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #33
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Regardless of what I think, and no I haven't gone to the link.

If one has taken the time to modify their car, regardless if its a Holden, Ford or other, then who are we to judge?

Some of the replies here make me ashamed to be associated with the forums.

Last edited by Laminge; 30-10-2005 at 01:04 AM.
Old 29-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #34
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

If one has taken the time to modify their car, regardless if its a Holden, Ford or other, then who are we to judge?

Some of the replies here make ashamed to be associated with the forums.
my sentiments exactly. some people on here need to have a good look at themselves. i am sure some of you have done some shocking stuff to your cars and others would laugh at you.
Old 29-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #35
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

Some of the replies here make ashamed to be associated with the forums.
I thought this forum was FORDFORUMS.COM.AU not anycar.forum.com.au. I was undwe the impression that this forum was for ford owners ford lovers anything FORD. Not i have a ford but i will go along with my vt commodore. Have i got this FORUM wrong?.
Old 29-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWK
I thought this forum was FORDFORUMS.COM.AU not anycar.forum.com.au. I was undwe the impression that this forum was for ford owners ford lovers anything FORD. Not i have a ford but i will go along with my vt commodore. Have i got this FORUM wrong?.
HUH ?
And going by the above it sure aint the Language and spellcheckers forum!
Old 29-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #37
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Thumbs down

Youve got it all wrong.
I am a big fan of fords cus i like everthing about them an they apeal to me.Not because my dad or big brother had one or that i once saw one as a kid do a big skid!!!
Some holdens i like the look off like the walkinshaw or just the plain vl.I think the red car with the vy front looks utter crap cus it wasnt made 4 it,maybe if it was a custom looking job done to suit the models shape it might look good.
The other day i saw an el painted in citric acid,looked ok but it just wasnt right.A custom colour would look better 4 that model.

An by the way when u mod ur car like those 2 guys did, u have to expect people to either love or hate it so get over it...or whatever
Old 29-10-2005, 11:18 PM   #38
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAVEN
this is just as bad!
I think thats kinda cool.

And i agree with minge, if you take the time and effort to modify your car and your happy with it then thats all that matters. Yes there are some tools out there who just look like idiots (i.e ricers the vy kit on vn crew) but some people actually spend some time and effort on their cars to do something unique, instead of trying to be like everyone else

Last edited by mick.wheelz; 29-10-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 29-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #39
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Kinda like GT stripes only Belong on GT's or Certain bodykits only belong on Certain ford models..
Ring a bell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 30-10-2005, 01:03 AM   #40
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

Huh? :yeees:
Old 30-10-2005, 01:09 AM   #41
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Yes you do. We are tolarant and discuss heaps of different models.
Old 30-10-2005, 02:07 PM   #42
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I actually don't mind the look of that VL (?) with the VY (?) front.

From that side photo, it actually looks quite good. Better than either stock model, anyway. The curve of the bonnet doesn't match anything on the car, but other than that, I like it.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Old 30-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #43
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Yes you do. We are tolarant and discuss heaps of different models.
Then maybe the name of the forum should be changed? Maybe allcarforum.com.au.
Old 30-10-2005, 03:54 PM   #44
Psycho Chicken
Banned

He's gotta be taking the ****.
Old 30-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #45
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
He's gotta be taking the ****.

Yeah he must be......you are talking bout the cubsport dude? :evil_laugright!

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
Old 30-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #46
max^power
Formerly au^ute

These holden posts are getting annoying, and starting to turn me off "The Pub". i dont want to know about holden. if i did, i'd be a member of those forums!
Old 30-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #47
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Now go back and read (properly) the sub forum heading.

Does it say " The Pub"?.. yes! and what is discussed here... "General Automotive Related Talk".

I think at last count there were over 60 other FORD forums for you to complain on but this one,The Pub, is for talking about GENERAL car stuff. And despite what many people think a Commodore is classed as a car.

Be warned oh thin skinned one, do not go into the "The Bar". In there they even talk about NON car stuff!!
Old 30-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #48
EL_futuraistic

Surely that clubby kit is taking the ****. Looks like a near genuine kit so not sure why the owner ruined it with that sticker and leaving the "ecotec" badges on.

As for that VL.... yeah it lives in my area. I went up and had a look the other week. It has custom front guards and bonnet.... possibly cut/shut VL-VY guards, the bonnet gaps werent too good but i dont think it would have been cheap.

However in saying this, everyone has done the mods to their car that they think look the goods, but maybe not to everyones liking.

This is a Ford Forum, so i guess a thread of bagging is enevitable with every holden thread. But it is nice to find out what the enemy is upto from time to time......
Old 30-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #49
ltd
Force Fed Fords

How can you tell it is a VN?

I thought it looked alot like that VT with the bootline being higher and rounder, whereas the vn boot was lower and squarer along the lines of the ea-ed ford.

Either way I don't think it looks too bad, yet I haven't seen the front or the side of it.

I'm not taking the **** out of anyone here though I genuinely want to know how you can tell from those photos that it is indeed a vn.

Quote: