Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #61
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Neither do Gen 3's. :the_finge

They sound more like vacuum cleaners.
Bah! Nuts to you ing_sm
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #62
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Last time I checked:
Nissan R34 Skyline GT-R, 0-100 in 4.7 secs
Toyota MkIV Supra TT, 0-100 in 5.6 secs

Both look and sound better than any Holden or Ford V8. :nutsycuck
Never in the whole time ive been into cars have I ever heard a 6 sound as good as a V8 you must be high or something.

I'll admit that some 6s do sound tough but they never sound like the power and fury that a V8 posesses.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #63
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Ha!! Both you holden dudes answered sweet to that provocative verbal . no fun if you dont bite!!!!!

The XY GT HO on NOS is the sweetest noise i ever heard ..........

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #64
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

So lets see a post about Toyota fitting another 70kg of plastic aeroplane bits to a boring but well made family hack that will take on the local performance car market. In time this morphs itself into an oooh-ahh spray of boys own ricer pics of jappo imports and memorised quotes of specs. But not to settle there this thread has now rematerialised as the inevitable turf war about which Holden sounds least like a trenching machine.

Please - people have busy lives, make it stop. make it stop.

Camry HSV Killer! I'm sure reading that was a moment of mirth during troubled times at HSV.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #65
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Neither do Gen 3's. :the_finge

They sound more like vacuum cleaners.
i would think more Egg Beater . lol . :
Old 07-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #66
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

bah! stupid ford people are all deaf

:
Old 07-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #67
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to respect how Skylines go.

But man they r ugly.
A pastiche of Euro and American styling cues put together like a jigsaw puzzle.
Why can u never see a tasteful factory issue one?
Every one u see is riced.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #68
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree I would like Skylines more if there werent so many riced POS ones.

I think a stock factory one with a stock engine bay (Not really stock hehehe) would be mad.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #69
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEV EB XR8
Ha!! Both you holden dudes answered sweet to that provocative verbal . no fun if you dont bite!!!!!
There was nothing to bite about.

Oh if you mean bite because he said those 2 Skylines and Supras sound better then a Holden V8 meh I cant be bothered to bite back because of that sh*t.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:17 PM   #70
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you should all stop throwing your toys out of the cot, and have a read of this article... don't know about you boys, but i wouldn't knock it back, in fact I'd drag my balls through broken glass to be given one of these ballbreakers!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/godz...400333035.html

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/11/07/MHgodz2.jpg

Drive's sources in Japan say that Nissan is testing an all-wheel-drive prototype powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.7-litre V6 - rumoured to produce more than 335kW - and a seven-speed sequential manual transmission.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 12:38 AM   #71
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I like the GTR. Not bad for a rice burner. But it ain't no GT and never will be. Like comparing apples with oranges. That is why they got booed off the mountain!!
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #72
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it was pretty awful when the Skylines kept winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
But it ain't no GT and never will be. Like comparing apples with oranges.
Haha, thank god for that. Can you imagine a skyline with no mid corner speed or that weight!? Makes me shiver! :

Last edited by Dave_au; 09-11-2005 at 12:55 AM.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 01:00 AM   #73
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Okay lets put it this way.
The last Supra came out in 98, last skyline in 99.
In that period of time neither Holden nor Ford came close to producing anything that could match them in performance or style.
The skyline still runs a fat muck over any stock LS1 with the Supra close behind.

They arent rice burners they are japanese muscle cars.
The Honda NSX and Mazda RX7 are more examples of V8 belters from Japan.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 01:11 AM   #74
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

what you call Japanese muscle cars we call rice burners....why? The japanese never had muscles heehee...jokes aside, im sure you can appreciate that both holden and ford are carrying a fair bit extra weight and are built with the 'family friendly' frame of mind with their peformance cars. Monaros etc that are 2 doors are still quite large to accomadate such things as room to move...skylines/supras etc werent exactly renouned for being able to fit a few good suitcases in the boot.
To simplify:
Jap peformance imports = light, quick, turbo'd, small car
Aussie v8 muscle = sound, not as quick but more ballsy, will take 4 people happily

Its not always about straight line speed...im sure any Ford fan will tell ya that one ;)

A question for the enthusiasts - Did the holden VL commodore come under the same scrutiny using a turbo'd nissan engine or did they never use one?
May be an easy q for some but i am/was never into racing, more 1/4 mile drags.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:04 AM   #75
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Okay lets put it this way.
The last Supra came out in 98, last skyline in 99.
In that period of time neither Holden nor Ford came close to producing anything that could match them in performance or style.
The skyline still runs a fat muck over any stock LS1 with the Supra close behind.

They arent rice burners they are japanese muscle cars.
The Honda NSX and Mazda RX7 are more examples of V8 belters from Japan.
You really don't know anything about Japanese cars do you? At least get it right if you're going to defend them. The final series of Supra... MkIV... JZA80 as the body style was known, was released in 1993 and produced all the way until 2000. The Skyline has never halted production since its 1955 release, and is currently sold in Japan in V35 guise. The last R34 GT-R was sold in 2002.

ONLY in GT-R form were they faster then LS1 powered cars. The R32 GTSt/R33 GTS25t/R34 25GT-t were never faster then anything. The 25GT-t at its best was pulling 14 dead. Pretty much every LS1 Commodore can match or beat that, as well as 250kW Ford T3's, and every sports BA (XR6 N/A aside).

Honda NSX's are slow. $240k for a car that hits 100km/h in 5.2 seconds, covers the 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds and tops out at 280km/h. A $75,000 Clubsport does that too.... and uses less petrol while it's at it. (And before anyone has a cry about me saying a 280km/h 13.2 sec car is slow, think about it in the context of its price and competition. Even when it was released it was well off the mark. The Ferrari's and Porsches it wanted to compete with were running 12s and going 300+km/h. Now they're running 11s and approaching 330km/h).

RX-7 is much the same. Only in limited edition special guise was it ever any real challenge to cars like the Skyline GT-R, etc.

As for matching Skyline's in performance. Well, that's easy. If we're not talking GT-R's, again, get any LS1 Commodore or pre LS1 HSV fitted with the 5.7 stroker engine and its a done deal. Or AUII/III XR8s, AUII/III T-Series, any BA Turbo or V8 and same deal with BF.

Oh and define "any" stock LS1. I'll have you know that a stock C5 Corvette (350hp 360ftlbs - or 261kW 488Nm for you metric only boys) is as fast as a R34 GT-R. And a LS1 Camaro SS (325hp 345ftlbs - or 243kW 467Nm) is a match for R33, and would just barely lose to an R32 or R34 (would come down to driver). LS1's exist outside of Australia, remember.

Please, don't post misinformation. Supra ended production in 2000, the last GT-R was made in 2002. Skyline is still in full production, with a range of n/a V6's, and a 2.5 single turbo V6, direct injection, AWD or RWD, available as a four door five seat sedan or two door five seat coupe. V35 Skyline was released in 2001.

Here's the current model Nissan V35 Skyline 250GT (there's also a 350GT with the 350Z engine), powered by a 2.5litre DOHC 24v Direct Injection V6...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #76
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Ok, here is my 2 cents...

I dont know why you can say a Supra, Skyline, NSX or RX7 is because it does not carry a V8 in it. The Japanese made V8s and some of the best ones in the world but they always put these in the luxo barges of their day. They never saw a need to have a V8 in a performance car, when a 6 or 4 can do the job a lot better.

Now in terms of performance, straight line power is nothing...that is just bull ...because a car does more than just accelerate. It has to stop and turn corners. The GTR, Mk4 Turbo Supra, NSX (devastatingly fast on a track), RX7 are all quick track cars in stock form and will all over anything Holden and Ford has produced locally. The current BF FPV and VZ HSV may come close...

Also, in 1993 when all these cars were available for sale new in Japan, what could we get here for Ford and Holden??? Sweet FA...

And in terms of straight line power, I think U will find the new BF Typhoon is the fastest in the Ford Range. Also remember that the Fords and Holdens are Grand Tourers not out and out racers, they never will be...

Oh and we forgot to mention the Lancer Evo and STI.

I will give the Aussie cars one thing, bang for your buck and car for your buck, we make the best stuff on earth, no questions about it, but the europeans and japanese have done a better job and making cars go fast...Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari, Noble and the list goes on....the Americans have no idea, Corvette maybe the exception but the rest of it is well not up to the task!!

Edit: Steffo knows what he is talking about too....
Old 09-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #77
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Yeah it was pretty awful when the Skylines kept winning

Haha, thank god for that. Can you imagine a skyline with no mid corner speed or that weight!? Makes me shiver! :

Many years ago Ford had a go to beat the Europeans at Le Mans after their failed take over of Lamborghini. The GT40 was the result and it kicked the Euro's ***. I am sure if Ford wished to produce something to rival the GTR or any other similiar car they would do it quite easily. But the market and the money ain't there, especially in this country.

Two completely different types of cars, both with varied strengths and weaknesses. The success of the V8 Supercars shows whom the public support in this country.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #78
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Many years ago Ford had a go to beat the Europeans at Le Mans after their failed take over of Lamborghini. The GT40 was the result and it kicked the Euro's ***. I am sure if Ford wished to produce something to rival the GTR or any other similiar car they would do it quite easily. But the market and the money ain't there, especially in this country.

Two completely different types of cars, both with varied strengths and weaknesses. The success of the V8 Supercars shows whom the public support in this country.
ummm that was actuallt Ferrari Ford tried to buy...

YEah Ford did it in the past but have done nothing since. I don't think they will.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #79
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
You really don't know anything about Japanese cars do you?
Others are just as entitled to type their tiny thoughts, and post ricer pics as are you. More is the pity!

2 bobs worth per customer unhindered, as long as it is polite, remember the combined experience of the pair of you would fit neatly in a matchbox with room to spare. So play nicely.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 09-11-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #80
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
You really don't know anything about Japanese cars do you? At least get it right if you're going to defend them. The final series of Supra... MkIV... JZA80 as the body style was known, was released in 1993 and produced all the way until 2000. The Skyline has never halted production since its 1955 release, and is currently sold in Japan in V35 guise. The last R34 GT-R was sold in 2002.

ONLY in GT-R form were they faster then LS1 powered cars. The R32 GTSt/R33 GTS25t/R34 25GT-t were never faster then anything. The 25GT-t at its best was pulling 14 dead. Pretty much every LS1 Commodore can match or beat that, as well as 250kW Ford T3's, and every sports BA (XR6 N/A aside).

Honda NSX's are slow. $240k for a car that hits 100km/h in 5.2 seconds, covers the 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds and tops out at 280km/h. A $75,000 Clubsport does that too.... and uses less petrol while it's at it. (And before anyone has a cry about me saying a 280km/h 13.2 sec car is slow, think about it in the context of its price and competition. Even when it was released it was well off the mark. The Ferrari's and Porsches it wanted to compete with were running 12s and going 300+km/h. Now they're running 11s and approaching 330km/h).

RX-7 is much the same. Only in limited edition special guise was it ever any real challenge to cars like the Skyline GT-R, etc.

As for matching Skyline's in performance. Well, that's easy. If we're not talking GT-R's, again, get any LS1 Commodore or pre LS1 HSV fitted with the 5.7 stroker engine and its a done deal. Or AUII/III XR8s, AUII/III T-Series, any BA Turbo or V8 and same deal with BF.

Oh and define "any" stock LS1. I'll have you know that a stock C5 Corvette (350hp 360ftlbs - or 261kW 488Nm for you metric only boys) is as fast as a R34 GT-R. And a LS1 Camaro SS (325hp 345ftlbs - or 243kW 467Nm) is a match for R33, and would just barely lose to an R32 or R34 (would come down to driver). LS1's exist outside of Australia, remember.

Please, don't post misinformation. Supra ended production in 2000, the last GT-R was made in 2002. Skyline is still in full production, with a range of n/a V6's, and a 2.5 single turbo V6, direct injection, AWD or RWD, available as a four door five seat sedan or two door five seat coupe. V35 Skyline was released in 2001.

Here's the current model Nissan V35 Skyline 250GT (there's also a 350GT with the 350Z engine), powered by a 2.5litre DOHC 24v Direct Injection V6...
What you just posted I already know dude.
When I said skylines being faster I thought you'd know I was talking about GT-Rs.
I was also talking about stock Aussie LS1's.
GTRs, Supras, NSX's, RX7s, etc can match/exceed LS1 performance in a straight line but more importantly will kick their *** around a well setup track.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #81
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Cant play nice can we! time this thread expired then! by bye thread, Bye bye lil japanese cars.!! :