Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-11-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

Question AU2 XR8 Gearbox rattle

Hi guys,
I have an AU2 XR8 5 speed manual and need to ask a question. The car has developed a funny slight rattle in between say 1000rpm and 1300rpm. It happens in most of the gears but it doesn't occur when it is cold. I took it to ford and they said that they have had a couple come back, pulled them apart, and found nothing wrong. They actually said don't drive around in that rev range which I thought was a bit weird. I had the oil replaced but it is still there. Is there anyone out there that can shed some light on the situation or has the same problem. It sort of sounds like a resonance rattle I guess. Thanks.
Leon.

v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

So noone has had nay funny noises????
v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
SWOOP
XRSVO

I have a funny niose around the same revs especially in 2nd gear , Im not sure where it comes from or whats causing ,im just hoping its the origanal clutch and associated bearings on there way out, or my exhaust

sorry Im no help to ya
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post