Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #31
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Handwash with lambswool mitts, 2 buckets & a microfibre drying towell, no nasty **** chamois or sponges are touching my car.
On ya mr jucy - you tell em
My method - three buckets - 1 x shampoo, 2 x water for mf mitts cleaning
I do the first side of the car with my extra large mf mitt (cleaning it three times per panel)
Other side gets my standard size mitt and the third bucket of water for cleaning it.
Dry with waffle weave MF towels.

Chamois can scratch, leave trace and wipe lines, weaken waxes and sealants within four washes and will not last as long as mf towels.

It's a longer process but equals almost zero swirls and is essential for people who have near perfect to perfect paint. Last think you want with a mirror finish paintjob is swirls and marring from inferior wash method

Anyone interested in the ultimate wash process - pm accumulator at autopia.org. the guy is a wash perfectionist and taught me alot

nothing wrong with a high pressure gun, I use it on mine but aim it across the paint, not straight at it or use it four to five feet away from paint.

FEATHERS - please don't polish every weekend. wax or seal every three to six months, clay when necessary and polish only when you absolutely have to
Try a paint cleanser first.

Last edited by SVR73; 29-11-2005 at 10:05 PM.
SVR73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 11:18 PM   #32
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I always wash by hand,using Bowdens Own product's and wax it about every 6 weeks.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #33
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the closest thing i have to a car wash is a pressure cleaner in a wash bay at the ampol petrol station
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #34
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love to handle my cars every week
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #35
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
I always wash by hand,using Bowdens Own product's and wax it about every 6 weeks.
Cheers John

Good choice of car care goodies ,THE BOWDENS own some of the best and most famous cars in Aus and if they use there car care products on their cars its definetly good enough for me

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #36
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Hand wash only...went thru carwash once and it didn't clean any of the bottom of car..car is done weekly inside and out...polish twice a year.......nothing like a hand job and finish with a polish..............hahaha
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #37
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
Cheers John
Great choice there. I have thoroughly tested bowdens own glycerin injection shampoo/conditioner and it's terrific.
Is great to finally have an aussie brand that is worthy of autopia status
Old 30-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the subject of Microfibre towels, where can I get one. I have been informed by 1 Mr Bluedriver that Chamois are no good. Says the towel is the go. Personally, i think he got it to buff his head, but cause it felt so soft he now uses it on the car instead :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #39
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Bucket and sponge for me. Leaves it nice and shiney. It also allows me to have a close inspection of every panel to see any new scratches.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #40
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Bucket, sponge and a nice cold beer for me does the trick nicely!

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post