Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #1
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Default Manual Conversion underway :)

Well I started the conversion today.. I intend to space it out over a few weekends and keep the car driveable at the same time.

Today i removed and fitted the pedal sets. Probably the biggest job is all done now. Have the clutch cable just cable tied in the engine bay atm while I am still driving the car around, but it is a upside down jammed into the foot well job to fit it to the clutch cable to the pedal so I thought I'd tackle that today.

Next weekend is centre console swap and fit the gearbox so in all its probably a 5 hours job to convert it. I will bridge the auto ecu to drive the car to Ford to get the new XR manual ECU matched to the BCM..

The pedal set it quite a straight forward swap, just remove the actual clutch pedal lever from the spigot and fit it back on after you have the brake and the brackets in place. If anyone wants a step by step 'how to' I can do that for them ..

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome! do mine next..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey RC, could you write out a step by step. Please.

Did you end up getting the Mal Wood Clutch Pin Adapter? Did you need a whole new centre console? I thought the gear stick should just go where the auto surround is. Right?

How much is Ford stinging you for the XR ECU & Programming of it?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #4
stiddy
Banned

i suggest while your at it to strengthen the firewall around the pedal box.... to prevent it from flexing and then cracking further on down the track.. just my 2c

just wait till you notice the difference in performance.. between the 2 trans..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default A+

[QUOTE=LG]Hey RC, could you write out a step by step. Please.

A step by step guide would be fantastic if you could post it when completed. I beleive there would be mass interest including myself
Old 12-12-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I was around there Saturday and Tibbo hopes it will be working next weekend. He is changing the centre console too, which the old one may be going in my ute.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Due to doing AUII_SE_Ute brakes on Saturday just passed and the Eseries chrissie party that night, nothing got done on the weekend

This weekend coming I hope to have it installed and fininshed

I used a complete pedal box LG, it is not that hard to fit, well put it this way the dash doesnt have to come out

I have looked at the consoles and although I think the opening is the same the manual console has the gear stick boot folded and attached to the underside of the console.. I gave it a quick wiggle and it seems to be glued on. For that reason I am just going to swap the whole console and donate my old black one to Kenny..

The key to XR ECU will now be done at the workshop as the mechanic has just purchased the CarmenScan tool, so that saves some of the messing around..

I'll do alittle tutorial up with pictures on the weekend

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
...For that reason I am just going to swap the whole console and donate my old black one to Kenny..
Donate???

Really?

My interior is going to look so colour unco-ordinated...