Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #1
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default wiring/fitting splits

hey guys
im installing new splits in my fairlane with premium sound and was wonderin how the A pillar covers come off?
and also how do you mount the new tweeter in there??
and where does the tweeter wires and the woofer wire join??
does it have a crossover box or is it just a resistor? on the tweeter lines?

my fronts just DO NOT give any midbass in stock form running from a JVC headunit!! and cant handle higher volumes .and the subs are overpowering them very easily sadly

cheers guys

blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2005, 05:16 AM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i really wanna do this in the next few days

also looking at a roof mount screen
does anybody have pics of roof mounted screens in their AUs?
does it just screw into the area of the stock room light?
and where is good to mount an old skool PS2(fullsize NOT slim style i know that is gonna be harder but aye its cheaper than a new slimline ps2 lol)

im thinking under the front seats or in the boot with extensions on the controllers..

will 2 15" subs make a ps2 skip and screw up?
hope yas can help
thanks guys
Old 12-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
stiddy
Banned

IF you have splits up front, you should have a cross-over there, power goes to one terminal, mids to another, and tweeter to another....
as for mounting the tweeter, forget about doing it on the A pillar, mount it on the inside bit of the side mirrors, on the little triangle bit of plastic there.. alot easier..
the tweeter will come apart, screw the base down and put the tweeter back together..
as for mounting the the ps2, id recommend doing it in the glove comparment in the dash...or in the boot.
and the 15's shouldnt make the ps2 skip too badly, depeneds where you have it mounted i guess.. but 15's tend to vibrate the sh#t out of everything so yeah..

as for the roof mounted screen i cant help you there... if it was up to me i'd just put 2 screens in the back of the headrests, or on the sun visors.. or both lol..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 04:04 AM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

reason for mounting in the A pillar is coz thats where my factory ones are and it seems to work niceley!(it has the premium setup from the factory)

and where the factory wires run for the tweeter and mid in the factory setup
and if they have an actual crossover or just a capacitor thing

how would i mount the PS2... would u just use like a metal strap over it screwed in place ..im thinkin glove box would be a good idea
or even under the passenger seat as there is alot of space under there..

cheers guys