Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-01-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

Default rocker cover seal

Hey,

Well after a pain in the *** of a night, with the break lights falling on the top of Mt Dandenong, I reached the base only to be greated by the smell of burning oil... :

Anyway on close inspection it appears to be coming from the front (head light end) of the rocker cover on the passenger side. So me thinks I may need a new rocker cover seal... appears to be dripping down from there on to the case and thats where it's burning... dam it

Anyway, two questions...

1. While it appears to be the rocker cover seal... anything else on the right hand (passenger side) front end, top, that could possible leak oil besides the rocker cover?

2. How hard is it to replace the rocker cover seal myself? Anything I should watch out for that may cause me problems? Also how much would a new seal cost me from bursons or the like... and anything else I would need for installing it... silicone gel or the like... may sound like a dumb question, but I'd rather ask a dumb question than make a dumb mistake!

Cheers Guys

Jono

Lowered all round on King Spring Super Lows
Tinted Windows, Pioneer MP3 Player and Audio System
K&N High Flow Air Filter Mounted in Original Air Box
Trip Computer
NGK Sports Performance Leads
NGK Sports Plugs
Autotecnica Oil Catch Can
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Piece of **** to replace, cant remember how much mine cost me but it didnt break the bank. i dont think you need any silicon gel, i didnt use any and mines holding up fine, its been 6 months.
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

oil pressure switch?

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

awesome off to bursons i go!
Lowered all round on King Spring Super Lows
Tinted Windows, Pioneer MP3 Player and Audio System
K&N High Flow Air Filter Mounted in Original Air Box
Trip Computer
NGK Sports Performance Leads
NGK Sports Plugs
Autotecnica Oil Catch Can
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

i did mine a few months back....easy as pie, cost me about 35-40$ i think....i sealed mine up with the hylomar spary i had sitting araound
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
EFFalcon
Last warning

just give the surface a real good clean while u've got the rocker cover off, make sure the whole gasket is seated properly.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #7
EF_Frmnt
Banned

Yeah just make sure both surfaces are spotless and shiny when you put the new one on...
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post