Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU IRS Fairmont Ghia/Fairlane rear camber adjustment

I'm about to lower my S3 AU Ghia. Obviously I'll need to wind the camber back in a bit afterwards.

The front I'll fit shims at the UCA mounts so thats covered.

I don't seem to have an adjustment at the rear, only toe at the tie rod.

My Gregorys manual (average I know) claims some models (XR I presume) have an eccentric washer fitted on the nut and bolt mounting the UCA to the knuckle. I can only see normal washers under mine but it seems like the knuckle is shaped to accommodate an eccentric one.

Can anybody offer any advice or experience on this? Anyone had theirs aligned and had the camber set? Can anybody show a picture of the XR set up? I'd like to see if I can acquire this washer and fit it.

I know others will have lowered their Ghias, have you had camber wear problems? Lots of Fairlane owners on here.

Thanks for any info anyone can help with.

SLO247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: AU IRS Fairmont Ghia/Fairlane rear camber adjustment

Yeah i bought a pair new from bayford in melbourne for about 50 bucks each for my au lane.
the part number is: ER 5K500 AKT

If the dealer cannot find it on their system, get them to check under Tickford parts.

I installed them in the neutral position (mark facing up?) until I got an alignment done and it was pretty much the right position with the Pedders low springs.

good luck.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats exactly what I needed, thanks for the info. I'll get onto Bayford.

Do they go under the bolt head or nut?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO247 View Post
Thats exactly what I needed, thanks for the info. I'll get onto Bayford.

Do they go under the bolt head or nut?
Hi mate.
Its a whole new bolt kit that replaces your existing bolt, nut and washers with 2 eccentric washers and a milled flat in the bolt at the nut end.

Ps: While you are at it make sure you check the wheel bearings and outer spherical bushes are good too.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even better. Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've ordered a pair of the kits now. Big thanks to you mif73.

For reference for anyone else, Bayford could still supply these as of 9/1/2014.

ER5K500AKT and 2 are needed, one for each side.

A big saving could be made if you find an XR with IRS and remove them. Probably only pay a few dollars.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO247 View Post
I've ordered a pair of the kits now. Big thanks to you mif73.

For reference for anyone else, Bayford could still supply these as of 9/1/2014.

ER5K500AKT and 2 are needed, one for each side.

A big saving could be made if you find an XR with IRS and remove them. Probably only pay a few dollars.
No prob.
I only know coz i asked someone else previously.