Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
Ray
FORD POWER!!

Default AUII Rear speaker problems

lately i've been hearing a weird distorted noise coming out of the rear driver's side speaker (the one mounted on the parcel shelf) and I was just wondering if there's a way to remove the cover of the speaker to have a look at the actual speaker itself?

the noise only happens during low, bassy parts of music, and it dosen't do it all the time... but when it does, it's awful, so basically i'm just listening thru the front 2 speakers at the moment... and I'd like to find out whether it's just something in the speaker, or whether part of it is torn etc... But i can't figure out how to look at it, does the top grille part just clip off somehow, cos I tried that and it dosen't seem to work... or is it a more complex process?

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The top grill sort of clips in both sides, u gotta just try and pry it off with like a screwdriver. Ive had the same thing and it was the thin mesh over the speaker coming loose, best to just rip it off.
Ur probly better off buying aftermarket speakers cos the stockos dont tend to last too long.
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Something inside the speakers or torn - either way - you still gonna have to replace it - $100 for a set of 6X9 pioneer 3 way 100watts fomr JB HiFi

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

5X7 is the actual speaker size in an AU falcon. If you get 6X9s, you would need to mount them from under the parcel shelf because you are not allowed to cut the parcel shelf as it is a structural support part of the car (same as you can't cut chassis rails). Pioneer 5X7s are around $150 odd a pair.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so i dont need to remove the rear shelf to remove the stock subwoofer and speakers??(premo stereo) or just remove the grilles?

when my subs kick it pushes the rear shelf up... and the stock sub even bottoms out when shes crankin hard.. and the sub isnt even connected..
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
so i dont need to remove the rear shelf to remove the stock subwoofer and speakers??(premo stereo) or just remove the grilles?

when my subs kick it pushes the rear shelf up... and the stock sub even bottoms out when shes crankin hard.. and the sub isnt even connected..
Yes. you will need to remove the parcel shelf cover as well.

What do you mean "Bottoms out"?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #7
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

u hear it clicking/tapping as it moves as much as its voice coil allows...

all from the air pressure the 2x 15s are producing
Old 23-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

If you have 2X 15's, why do you have the stock rear's in still?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #9
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

didnt know exactly how to take em out..

now i know im gonna start rippin em out soon

coz its such a late model car dont wanna break it .. know what i mean
Old 23-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ive got 2 12's and the stock 6 speaker. It actually really cranks, Im just saving up a little more to put 6's, 6x9's and head unit in to compliment the subs.