Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default Engine shudders/almost stalls braking

Gday all,
My 06 LS 2.0L manual focus's engine has started shuddering and almost stalling when coming to a stop using moderate to heavy braking ( its not the brakes).
Its starts and runs fine and even when it starts to shudder it never actually stalls. Once you come to a stop the engine settles to a normal idle.
Interestingly I changed the starter motor last week and I have read that people have had faults with PCV hoses and that these hoses run near the starter motor? I have had a look but cant see any issues.
Any ideas?

shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default Re: Engine shudders/almost stalls braking

turned out to be a split PCV hose.
Old 23-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Thanks for the update. Was it a DIY fix or workshop job?
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
shepv8
V8's for ever

No, I took it to the mechanic. It took them 2.5 hours labour but it would have taken me all weekend so I was happy with that. The PVC hose had a split about 3 inches long.
Old 27-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Gee that's almost the whole hose haha. Big job that one.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
20focus05
I wanna XR5

We did it in about 1.5 hours.
just removed starter.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
shepv8
V8's for ever

Yeah I think they also removed the starter in the end to get it in . The first discussion was of removing the manifold , which is I believe how the workshop manuals say to do it, but Im like no no Ive heard people doing it without the manifold coming off so they persevered. And yeah it was almost the whole length of the hose split!