Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
bab

Default Ef 11 Temp Gauge Reading

Under Normal Summer Driving Conditions My Temp Gauge Eventually Rises To Half Way Between The Normal Setting With Pointer On The "r" Of Normal,is This Quite Normal Or Should Gauge Read A Lower Reading,also I Cant Tell If The Fans Come On At This Reading,any Help Would Be Appreciated Bab

bab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

if it is always steady at the same spot when you drive the car, then dont worry, it is fine, if it doesnt head toward red then dont panic.

just open the bonnet after it gets to normal temp the fans will be able to be heard if they are running, they are a little noisy.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine often sits in that area and its apparently very normal and fine to be there as long as its doing it regularly... mine only does it during hot days otherwise sits lots lower...

I'm sure the 1 & 2 series would have to be similar.... but could be wrong :newangel:
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
EFFalcon
Last warning

it should highly depend on the type of driving you're doing.
mine sits in the same area unless its a bit cooler and its freeway driving etc.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Mine does the same on hot days as well, as long as it stays in the 'normal' section, it'll be fine.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
bab

Default eased my mind

many thanks for replies,eased my mind ( or is that head ) bab
bab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
EBIIBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bab
Under Normal Summer Driving Conditions My Temp Gauge Eventually Rises To Half Way Between The Normal Setting With Pointer On The "r" Of Normal,is This Quite Normal Or Should Gauge Read A Lower Reading,also I Cant Tell If The Fans Come On At This Reading,any Help Would Be Appreciated Bab
my dads car runs on that has since he got it EF and never gone above the R on normal
EBIIBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Yeah my EF is exactly the same... the R/M spot on Normal must be where the ECU throws on more fanspeed to regulate it and leave it there... That was the hottest it got when I was driving up steep hills in the 40+C we had in SA over the weekend.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post