Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Ute stolen from driveway at night...how do thieves manage it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Look up a item called Go jacks, you can use them to move a car very easily.

They cost a few hundred dollars and very easy to use and even if you had a clamp would do nothing against a go jack.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKosKLtKA
Anything with caster wheels just doesn't work on my driveway, we've got this big square brick paved driveway, anything with caster wheels gets stuck in between and stops

You can forget about moving cars around with jacks or even using a mechanics trolley under cars, it rolls for about 5 cm and then gets stuck.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbaby View Post
Good News....Police highway patrol officer has located the ute been driven by the offenders.
They have been charged.
Offenders had a correct Nissan factory looking key in the ignition when apprehended.[I cannot work that one out]
Thanks to the boys in blue.
Good news.

Perhaps locate the 2 original keys and have them ready as I believe insurance won't pay out any damage caused from the theft if you have left the key in the car.

Not saying they were left in the car, but they will question the correct Nissan key they are using.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #33
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Good news.

Perhaps locate the 2 original keys and have them ready as I believe insurance won't pay out any damage caused from the theft if you have left the key in the car.

Not saying they were left in the car, but they will question the correct Nissan key they are using.
Insurance will pay out if keys left in the car, still comes under car theft.

When I worked in claims the rep who lodged the claim would ask 12 key questions. Once the claim had been lodged we would usually have a look at the questions and anything not normal we would ask further info and if it needed to be investigated the P.I would ask further questions, but never denied a claim or not covered damage because keys left in a car.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 01:12 AM   #34
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Insurance will pay out if keys left in the car, still comes under car theft.

When I worked in claims the rep who lodged the claim would ask 12 key questions. Once the claim had been lodged we would usually have a look at the questions and anything not normal we would ask further info and if it needed to be investigated the P.I would ask further questions, but never denied a claim or not covered damage because keys left in a car.
Perhaps - but I would not use the word 'NEVER'. Possibly different companies have different policies in regards to this but this is from the most recent Auto & General PDS:

Quote:
Product Disclosure Statement – Part A - Page 11

CONDITIONS OF COVER
You must ensure that:
• you keep evidence of ownership and value of all the insured property to support any claim.
• we are supplied, at all times, with true and complete information regarding the car, the insured drivers and any incidents which may lead to claims under this policy.
• the car is locked, any required security devices are activated and all keys are removed when it is left unattended for any period.
• all reasonable steps are taken to prevent any loss or damage, including after an accident, breakdown or theft recovery.
• we are provided with all information and assistance necessary to process any claims, recover any costs or take any legal action. This may include information regarding the driving history of you, your spouse/partner or the driver of the car.
• the police are notified immediately of any theft or malicious damage.
• no costs are incurred and no admission of liability, offer or settlement is made without our agreement.
• the relevant State or Territory licensing authorities are notified of any disabilities or medical conditions that may affect your ability to drive.
• we are told immediately if you or the driver is charged with an offence or faces a civil lawsuit following an accident.
• you notify us of any other insurance you have that provides similar cover to this policy.
• you notify us immediately of any incident involving your car that may lead to a claim on your policy.

If you do not observe the conditions of cover, we may reduce or refuse to pay a claim, or cancel the contract.
The way I read that, you leave the keys in a car and it's unattended you have just given the insurance company an out to the policy.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post