Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #31
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Hooning with easily recognisable number plates

How to tell if a car speeding...

Well, this is the scenario. Car "A" is travelling at a steady 70km/hr (verified by GPS) and another car "B" is some 200-300 metres, within a few moments car B catches up to car A. Car B and has to brake very heavily so as to not rear end car A. Multiple this scenario several times.

Now there are two explanations that I can come up with:

a) Car A suddenly stops, selects reverse and accelerates towards car B. Car B fearful of being run into, brakes heavily.

Or (as implausible as it may sound),

b) Car B is speeding
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

This is a great thread guys, keep it up.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #33
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
There is nothing to be enthusiastic about the jerks driving.

If you want to race/speed, then go to the track not a public road.

You'd think some people should know better with their comments, obviously not!
And YES! Your apart of the fun police too.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 09:17 PM   #34
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I often see people behaving badly on and off the road but not for one minute do I believe it’s the job of the general public to get involved.

For those that do, they should travel a bit and see how tough it is to live in some parts of the world where you can be killed for not falling into line with someone else’s standards or life choices.

If you are so upset by the actions of others then contact the authorities as that’s what they are there for.

Since I moved back to Australia I’ve said time and time again I cannot believe how much Aussies are legislated against because of a small minority.

We are basically treated as children who can’t make common sense decision or are hammered every time we step a bit out of line and complain about it but never stand up to the politicians to do something to effect change or put a stop to further restricting laws.

Aussies just complain then accept and pay the price.

If we start adding public policing and chastising to the mix we are starting down the road of those countries where oppression dominates.

Most of us aren’t saints so why act like we are and instead offer those around us some slack.

If the person seen acting erratically as the OP has outlined is having a very bad day or just doesn’t give a toss then maybe a trained profession should intervene or comment, not someone who thinks they are perfect, they’re the ones who are left wondering why they ended up wearing a bread knife as a neck tie.
Old 23-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #35
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Jesus, this got heavy all of a sudden.

Bread knife for a neck tie!?

Wtf!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #36
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
I often see people behaving badly on and off the road but not for one minute do I believe it’s the job of the general public to get involved.

For those that do, they should travel a bit and see how tough it is to live in some parts of the world where you can be killed for not falling into line with someone else’s standards or life choices.

If you are so upset by the actions of others then contact the authorities as that’s what they are there for.

Since I moved back to Australia I’ve said time and time again I cannot believe how much Aussies are legislated against because of a small minority.

We are basically treated as children who can’t make common sense decision or are hammered every time we step a bit out of line and complain about it but never stand up to the politicians to do something to effect change or put a stop to further restricting laws.

If we start adding public policing and chastising to the mix we are starting down the road of those countries where oppression dominates.

Most of us aren’t saints so why act like we are and instead offer those around us some slack.

If the person seen acting erratically as the OP has outlined is having a very bad day or just doesn’t give a toss then maybe a trained profession should intervene or comment, not someone who thinks they are perfect, they’re the ones who are left wondering why they ended up wearing a bread knife as a neck tie.
I agree with you about minorities having to much say, but are you saying in the rest of your post that if someone does something about idiot behaviour, they deserve to be stabbed?
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 11:09 PM   #37
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Think you & the others here are overreacting to Cheaps comment in his 1st post, every one should be taking a chill pill.

FFS people are entitled to make a comment without others going off half cocked.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 11:25 PM   #38
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
This part disturbs me greatly, If I think their actions can lead to a serious road accident I would not hesitate to put these halfwits into the police after all it could be my family or myself who could be another road statistic.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 11:45 PM   #39
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
This part disturbs me greatly, If I think their actions can lead to a serious road accident I would not hesitate to put these halfwits into the police after all it could be my family or myself who could be another road statistic.
What I'm talking about is not to take action in your own hands and I continued to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes
Old 23-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #40
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
but are you saying in the rest of your post that if someone does something about idiot behaviour, they deserve to be stabbed?

Where did I say anyone deserved to be stabbed?

I’m a pacifist like you wouldn’t believe.

What I said or at least tried to say is why risk confronting someone who may be irrational and wonder why they turn on you, it's better to leave it to the authorities.

Maybe having lived most of my life in New York I’ve become distinctly aware you put your life at risk when you get involved in someone else’s wrong doings.

But in this day and age I still believe that to be good advice even in Australia, don’t be a hero just phone the Police.

I’ll take trublu’s advice and take a chill pill, it’s just my opinion but not my fight.
Old 24-06-2015, 12:09 AM   #41
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
What I'm talking about is not to take action in your own hands and I continued to say:

I know what you mean, sometimes you have to intervene as I did once with a mongrel who terrorised a woman in a road rage incident, not for the feint-hearted but something I had to do.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2015, 01:44 AM   #42
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
I know what you mean, sometimes you have to intervene as I did once with a mongrel who terrorised a woman in a road rage incident, not for the feint-hearted but something I had to do.
Life is full of conundrums and I commend your actions as it is risky but at 76 that poor young lady would most likely end up needing to help me.

We have progress a long way from someone accelerating and braking hard in traffic to what to do in the case of a women being terrorised but I do acknowledge there are times when you can’t just stand back, as there are times when you should just let it go.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:19 AM   #43
superyob
Banned

[QUOTE=LoudPipes;5422659]Where did I say anyone deserved to be stabbed?

'Bread knife as a neck tie'?
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #44
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Boys take a chill pill, I felt at risk because of his driving. The same thing could have happened if they were driving a 1999 Camry and within a few days I would have forgotten about it and archived the incident along with hundreds of other incidents. But the stupid act was done with highly recognisable number plates. A form of high profile self-stupidity.

Now if the owner/driver ever sought to buy, sell or seek assistance from me, I may feel inclined to string him along, waste his time or make him incurr costs without him knowing any better. He hasn't a clue who I am, but I know enough about him. Some people call it Karma others call it payback.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post