Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #10
mmhmm

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Never have I been struck down by these afflictions. I put that down to never having left the 70s and engaging with the confused values of later decades...

True story!

Actually, the prospect of running out of beer makes me feel a little anxious...
Not to sound wierd, but tell us more about your lifestyle?

I know that facebook creates lots of acceptable levels of anxiety, advertising also about the materialism you should own and when you don't people become depressed or suffer anxiety.
we have lots of pressures in our job, including owning a home, cars , fashion, women or men whichever you float.

Im about to hit my 30's so i'd like to hear from the fellas older, what can we ( I ) do to live a more traditional way of life where it wasn't weird to say " hello " and how are you " face to face and now how people are generally talking through their phones.

To help with levels of anxiety or feeling rushed, You have to do breathing exercises, 4 seconds slowly in, 4 seconds out.
if your mind rushes with thoughts , claim it as a though and tell yourself its not useful and its bs.
social networking aggravates this.
I learnt this with some policing and military guys who had to stay focused in the U.S

anybody else that can chime in on a more traditional approach go for it.
mmhmm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: