Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
EL4.0L
Starter Motor

Default GT-P Copies

Hello All,

Just a question about wheel copies, I am looking getting a set of these rims for my AUII XR6 just wondering if copies are well $%#^ or are they ok, these ones come with a decent warranty anybody had any experience with wheel copies?

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/A-ALLOY-WHEEL...QQcmdZViewItem

EL4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

imo , nothing wrong with copies so long as your happy to have them , it's like nike t'shirts and stuff really , your really just paying for the brand name when u buy genuine. In some cases the metals used to make the rim might be different ..
eg.. the originals might be billet allloy , where as the copys just normal alloy or even steel .. obviouslly as you know each of those metals work they way up in weight to steel being the heavist , just things to consider. Sometimes the pattern of a copy wont be identical to the originals. But as far as quality well it ranges , but consider that all rims have to pass rwc criteria to be legal for road use, so long as they are then u have a solid / reliable rim for starters...
Just mentioning on all this i remember years ago i bought a set of 14" dragways for a XB ( years and years ago ), wasnt until i got them home i realised they had "NOT FOR ROAD USE" stamped on the outerside of the rim ( under the tyre on the dish ), i still used them anyway, and they passed a rwc with them np , couldnt see the stamping with the tyres on ..lol , i'm not advising people to go buy rims with this stamped on them or even use them, i just had no choice then , it was that or loose out.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
EFDream
XRR83D

I have BA 8r8 rims on my ef and they are copies. I loev them and have had no issues with them at all! They seem to hold up alright and to the naked eye there's really no difference(just a different offset). Get them and put them on your car if thats what you like. You'll like them

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post