Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
ziggee

Default Locking Petrol Cap AU Ute.

Anyone know if you can get an petrol door locking unit, plus remote release for AU Utes?

I hate the fact that its not lockable, sure I could put a different internal lock cap on, (and will do so if above is not possible) but would like to know if anybody can suggest if this can be done, or if another model would fit, and do the job.

even just a petrol door with a lock on it would be ok. Be cool to have an automatic one though

Bloody petrol theives!!! I should P1ss in it, that will teach you.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I think you can. Places like autoone, autobahn, and supercheap should sell these. I think they are aboot $25, but could be more...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

They come std in fairlanes so your local wreckers could be a good place to look.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

PM Falkeen - he did the sedan petrol lid conversion on his ute, along with the flip front bonnet. Clever bloke is Adam.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
PM Falkeen - he did the sedan petrol lid conversion on his ute, along with the flip front bonnet. Clever bloke is Adam.
JC, at it yet again!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

i was going to go to a wreckers, get a normal cable pull release clip of any car and wirring it up to a solenoid, and wire it back to the cabin. Just need the time.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There is also a thread in the Utes and Vans section about this ... there you can read my story regarding non-locking fuel filler lids. All I can say is thank god for LPG and one-way valves.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 02:29 AM   #8
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

I'll say from what I've seen of the stuff he produces... better not pm him as I am allready envious of his ute!!

There has been 3 on here that are truely amazing... all utes are good..

Also, sorry about re-asking, but what ones will fit. as I will ebay it and see..
I did a search on "fairlanes fuel filler" etc nada..

Should I be trying like XD, XE etc etc even a guess is ok as AINFA (as I know f^%@ All)

ideally I'd like to have one that pops out via solonoid, or one that has a lock on it.

if it was round (au flap) and not too ghey looking amongst other things like the gap between the flap and the petrol hole, i'd pop a black carbon fibre ducati motocycle filler cap in. and no not just a stuck on (aka sticker) mock up of one. ;) maybe I should just cut a hole in it and do just that! that way I'd have a lockable one at least, although lock pins would need to be like wider hmmmm where's the angle grinder... tinker tinker
Old 30-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Try this:

Try this, CPC locking cap SL100ULPA about $29.00 bucks, Autobarn, supercheap etc. Fits AUII ute & BA - BF ute (and sedaqns, wagons etc).

Bill.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Try this:

Try this, CPC locking cap SL100ULPA about $29.00 bucks, Autobarn, supercheap etc. Fits AUII ute & BA - BF ute (and sedaqns, wagons etc).

Bill.
That's not the fuel filler lid is it? Or is it the flap on the tray?

Mine's stuffed. It comes open by itself all the time, mainly due to a rusted latch.
Old 31-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #11
ziggee

Cheers JC,

As AuII asks, is that just the lockable cap. Sorry perhaps I have been unclear. I am after the external Flap, so when I pull up to petrol bowser, I can just flick a switch and the flap opens...(phew sounds dirty!!) ;) Plus if it clamps shut, hopefully no1 nicks my juice.

DIY Style!!