Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #91
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

I had this problem years ago, no garage for car, so I put an old heavy blanket over the front of the car and sprinkled pepper on it and left it on the car for a week, the cat came back once then I never saw it again.....Cats make excellent lampshade bases if stuffed correctly...
Old 30-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #92
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Are you actually serious???? Are you reading all my words?? Look again, I said: LIVE AND LET LIVE. That is my view. Like you have yours. No more or less ridiculous than many comments on this thread.
My "rediculous" comment was your comment regarding finding an authority to manage native wildlife, and alluding to the fact that their movements/activities is somewhat the same as domesticated animals.

But yes Live and Let live. Good point. I think people should just accept negligent damage to their vehicles and just think "oh well, thats life." Should also extend it to damage caused by say a young kid and a trolley in a carpark. "oh well, forget about it." Fine if you don't have respect for your property....

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #93
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Where I'm comming from is we had this issue at one of our previous houses. Cats would actualy jump the fence and get into our carport and sleep on the cars. over $2k damage over a few years caused by cat claw scratches is not acceptable. Not nice, and not something I would undertake or condone, but thankfully somone else sorted the problem for us one morning about three houses down.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #94
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Where I'm comming from is we had this issue at one of our previous houses. Cats would actualy jump the fence and get into our carport and sleep on the cars. over $2k damage over a few years caused by cat claw scratches is not acceptable. Not nice, and not something I would undertake or condone, but thankfully somone else sorted the problem for us one morning about three houses down.
I think I might elaborate.... I am not a completely stupid idiot. I realise that damage caused to one's property is no fun. One can take precautions to minimise risk, cover risk or take action necessary to recover damages. It has happened to all of us at some time or other. Its all a question of proportions. If you had $2K+ damage done by a neighbours cat over a long period, understandably, there is an issue to be resolved, no question. In my case, once in a while I find some stray cat has left paw marks on my cars. What I implied was, on a scale of priorities in my life, that constitutes a minor hassle to me, as bird crap and possum **** on the car is more of a nuisance to me. Having said that, I am philisophical about these random events which are in the natural scheme of things. I have never, and will never begrudge native animals/birds from coming and going as they please, after all they were there first. My reference to restraining them was a joke, albeit pathetic. Years ago I was with mates at night on the highway when we hit a roo running across in front of us. The car sustained a lot of damage, but we were more distressed that we had badly injured an animal. Unfortunately it did not die outright, we had to deal with that at the scene. I did not hear any moans or violent shaking from the car, as I did from the animal. Since then I have had a kind of empathy for all creatures great and small. I guess I always give them the benefit of the doubt. Glad you got your problem sorted, hopefully humanely.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #95
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Since then I have had a kind of empathy for all creatures great and small. I guess I always give them the benefit of the doubt.
Good to hear mate, glad i'm not the only one who gives a rats backside. People who expect animals to know that you've spent 40,000+ on a car, and respect that fact are, well.... umm.. yeah. They're animals, a good part of the time acting on instinct, they are innocent. How about we send mother nature an invoice for fading the paintwork, or send your heating bill to her as well, since we get cool winds from the south pole. It's life, expenses happen.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #96
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek
Crossbow does the trick.

The ***** scratched my roof when i shood it away, i warned the owners if i catch it on my car again, i would put it down

They didnt care

The cat now lives at the tip with a crossbow bolt thru its neck.

Its karma
Dude, you serious..... ****** me bit extreme. Not cool dude... Karma is a b1tch. wait and see... if you believe in karma, ****** you have nothing but bad **** coming your way I think. So you killed it, because it scratched your car? Jesus hope you don't get some punk do the same thing, you'll end up in jail if you take the same action., You should have shot the neighbour, taken the cat and found it a good home.

in all honesty, pretty gutless act mate.

Whilst not a big supporter of cats, WE have one, I'd never do that.

We have a cat across the street that hassles our cat, late at night, I have scared it off, but would not kill it.

Last edited by ziggee; 30-06-2006 at 02:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #97
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Good to hear mate, glad i'm not the only one who gives a rats backside. People who expect animals to know that you've spent 40,000+ on a car, and respect that fact are, well.... umm.. yeah. They're animals, a good part of the time acting on instinct, they are innocent. How about we send mother nature an invoice for fading the paintwork, or send your heating bill to her as well, since we get cool winds from the south pole. It's life, expenses happen.
Thanks! My sentiments exactly.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #98
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

A thread like this makes me realise exactly how many morons are on these forums. So a cat causes damage to your car, not good and shouldn't happen, but get over it. Injuring or killing the animal it just plain stupid. And to those who say that it is justified do you also think that it is ok to injure/kill the kid down the street because his footy just bounced off your bonnet?
I didn't think so.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #99
FLYXR6
Silvester

I had a problem with a cat up the road.... I put peper on my bonnet for a week ( just a litttle bit) and i haven't had a paw print since. I hate cats. I really do but i couldn't kill one. Peper works and it is a humain way of dealing with the problem. now to find a way to stop the birds craping on my car>>>>>>>>

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post