Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
FESTEC

Default EOI: Pedders Lowered Springs

I had these fitted on the weekend but they are not low enough for me so I am thinking of already getting something else, so just wondering if anyone would be interested in them for there Fez. They are on a WQ feista zetec. They have only been on the car for 2 days now and have done about 90km on them. Pm if you are interested. I am located in Vic.Not sure on price for them yet but make some offers and will go from there.

Cheers

Adrian (FESTEC)

FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FESTEC
I had these fitted on the weekend but they are not low enough for me so I am thinking of already getting something else, so just wondering if anyone would be interested in them for there Fez. They are on a WQ feista zetec. They have only been on the car for 2 days now and have done about 90km on them. Pm if you are interested. I am located in Vic.Not sure on price for them yet but make some offers and will go from there.

Cheers

Adrian (FESTEC)
Adrian, how much did they lower the car by, was it about 30mm?, any chance of some pics to see how they look?, by the way how much did Pedders charge ya?, lots of questions I know, sorry i'm just looking at lowering my WQ Zetec as well, i'm in Brisbane.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

When i lowered my car it looked lower. but not quite enough...

TRUST me, give them two weeks and they will become lower. when i JUST lowered it, it was dropped 27 mm from stock, after about 3-4 days it was down to about 34mm.Now a few months later its settled in a tad more.

Springs will always drop more than they are quoted for.

that is really enough, especially with dodgey australian roads. Well nsw (newcastle) roads.

But its upto you, why dont you post up a pic?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
When i lowered my car it looked lower. but not quite enough...

TRUST me, give them two weeks and they will become lower. when i JUST lowered it, it was dropped 27 mm from stock, after about 3-4 days it was down to about 34mm.Now a few months later its settled in a tad more.

Springs will always drop more than they are quoted for.

that is really enough, especially with dodgey australian roads. Well nsw (newcastle) roads.

But its upto you, why dont you post up a pic?
What size springs did you install Mitch? I'll be dropping mine when I get my 17's, not a stupid amount, just enough.

Do you have a profile pic of your Fez?
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
FESTEC

mitch that is excactly how much it has lowered the car, o.k so I might hold off on this for a couple of weeks yet and see how I go, but if still not enough then I will bring this post up again. They cost me $480.00 fitted with the wheel alignment as I used to work next to them and they looked after me, but the usuall price should be they told me $585-$600 but I think that is way to much.
Old 13-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Pedders

King spring lows btw.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/Pieoter/

Mines the little red one
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
King spring lows btw.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/Pieoter/

Mines the little red one
That's pretty much exactly the height I want for mine! Thanks for that, will post pics when done...
Old 18-06-2006, 01:45 AM   #8
Fled74
The Thread Killa

All youse guys who actually lowered your cars... what springs did you use (Pedders, Eibach, King, etc.) and how did the lowering affect the handling, the ride, etc? I'm thinking of getting mine lowered 30-35mm and I just want to get some feedback/advice before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance!

I wanted to see how my Fez would look lowered so I Photoshopped this pic. It's a bit too low, now that I look at it.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:16 AM   #9
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
All youse guys who actually lowered your cars... what springs did you use (Pedders, Eibach, King, etc.) and how did the lowering affect the handling, the ride, etc? I'm thinking of getting mine lowered 30-35mm and I just want to get some feedback/advice before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance!

I wanted to see how my Fez would look lowered so I Photoshopped this pic. It's a bit too low, now that I look at it.
Don't know if this makes any sence, the front looks fine but the back does look too low.
Old 18-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #10
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Here a couple of quick pics, (not too flash) after lowering, I've used King springs, 35mm lower, Handles great, I've had them in since March after owning them for about a year (had them sitting on a bench at work, never had any time to fit them).
Next time I have the car out of the garage I'll try to get some better pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00964.JPG (131.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00966.JPG (130.7 KB, 55 views)

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #11
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
I've used King springs, 35mm lower, Handles great.
Scarybear, did the King springs lower the car equally at the front to the back, ie: 35mm drop in each corner?, the reason I ask is that I got King springs in my last car, a Suzuki Baleno and it dropped the car a fair bit more on the front than on the rear, from memory it was something like 30mm drop on the rear and more like 50mm or even a bit more on the front, gave the whole car a bit of a "dragster" look which I was never really happy with, it looks from ya pics that your car has a relatively equal drop front to rear, would this be right?,......."looks good too by the way."
Old 18-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #12
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Scarybear, did the King springs lower the car equally at the front to the back, ie: 35mm drop in each corner?, the reason I ask is that I got King springs in my last car, a Suzuki Baleno and it dropped the car a fair bit more on the front than on the rear, from memory it was something like 30mm drop on the rear and more like 50mm or even a bit more on the front, gave the whole car a bit of a "dragster" look which I was never really happy with, it looks from ya pics that your car has a relatively equal drop front to rear, would this be right?,......."looks good too by the way."
Thanks, I didn't measure things before I changed them over, just wanted to get the bloody things in, but I think its dropped the same all round, didn't pick up any irregularities in the wheel alignment so I'm pretty confident.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #13
0xyg3n

This is how mine looks on eibach springs. Pic is kind of big.
http://i5.tinypic.com/11j649e.jpg

and it sits very similar to this with 2 or 3 people in the car. The rear arch is just above the top of the 17" rim.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=0xyg3n]This is how mine looks on eibach springs. Pic is kind of big.
http://i5.tinypic.com/11j649e.jpg

and it sits very similar to this with 2 or 3 people in the car. The rear arch is just above the top of the 17" rim.
QUOTE]

Yea, like the look of that,....... where did you get the Eibach springs from Oxyg3n?, and if ya dont mind me asking another cheeky question......how much roughly did they cost ya? :sm_drool:
Old 19-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
FESTEC

robjh80, I finally got a email back about the eibach and they are $571.80 + gst + postage and then you would have to get them fitted.
Old 19-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #16
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
robjh80, I finally got a email back about the eibach and they are $571.80 + gst + postage and then you would have to get them fitted.
"OUCH!!".....roughly $630 + postage + fitting....that's gotta hurt, especially when in this thread.......

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=51388

.........you got a quote of $375 shipped for the Spax springs, then of course you have fitting on top of that, much cheaper option though than the Eibach.
That really is quite surprising as If I'm correct the Spax and Eibach springs are a similar price to purchase in the UK.
Think I might have to go the King Springs option, they look good on Scarybears car to me, 30mm drop should be fine, thanks for checking that out though FESTEC, nice one.
Old 19-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #17
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Don't know if this makes any sence, the front looks fine but the back does look too low.
Sway: Oops, you caught that, didn't you? You're right, the rear is too low. I stuffed up the Photoshopping of the pic.

0xyg3n: Those ST side strips look awesome. How much did they set you back? (I'm too effing lazy to get off my bum and ring up Ford myself :P)

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #18
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:

Cheers

Adrian (FESTEC)
Can't You get the springs compressed to further lower the car?
Old 20-06-2006, 03:09 AM   #19
0xyg3n

I get most of my stuff from the UK. ST strips I got when I ordered the wheels from fordpartsuk.com not sure what price they go for here.

The springs I got from a UKFN group buy ages ago for a 100£ worked out much cheaper then sourcing them locally :P
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #20
FESTEC

Well after wanting to get rid of the pedders springs I am know going to keep them as the have settled and look great, handeling is still great and I think it is a little better. Will post pics up on the weekend after I give her a wash. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Old 20-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i know it's not a Fiesta but i'm getting my XR lowered after the 19's go on, this thursday. Getting lows at the front and superlows at the rear (lows about 30mm, SL's about 45mm) and i'm paying $380 fitted (King Springs).
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #22
goop

:

@ robjh80: I read in another thread that you wound up lowering your Fez? I'm looking at lowering my WQ Zetec as well, with, from what I've read here, King springs. Could you be so good as to post a pic?

May i ask, what springs did you use? And the price you paid? By about how much was it lowered?

And also, the handling. Has it changed much? The balance of the car right now is perfect for me, and while it realize it will corner a bit quicker, did it change the balance of the car much?

Thanks,
Craig.
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #23
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop
:

@ robjh80: I read in another thread that you wound up lowering your Fez? I'm looking at lowering my WQ Zetec as well, with, from what I've read here, King springs. Could you be so good as to post a pic?

May i ask, what springs did you use? And the price you paid? By about how much was it lowered?

And also, the handling. Has it changed much? The balance of the car right now is perfect for me, and while it realize it will corner a bit quicker, did it change the balance of the car much?

Thanks,
Craig.
Hi Goop, yes I got King Springs installed in my WQ Zetec, KFFL-70 in the front and KFRL-71 in the rear, they were installed by King Springs themselves on the Gold Coast for $300 supplied and fitted ("bit far from Bundy though"), I had to get a wheel alignment done as well of course, cost another $50, I dont have any pics as yet but I will take some and post them up later for ya, they lowered the car about 30mm all round which imo is just about right, doesn't look overdone, handling and balance wise you wont notice too much difference to the current setup of ya Zetec, maybe slightly firmer but not by much, nothing you would really notice, the guy at King Springs that installed them reckons the springs are only around 15% firmer than the originals, I guess he should know seeing as he makes them, "I'll have to take his word for it though",....... makes the car look a lot nicer overall though and for only $300 well worth it.
Old 31-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #24
goop

Thanks for that

Sounds good, great price too! We're on hols next week, and lookign for a destination... I presume there are shoe shops on the Gold Coast?

If you get a chance, piccies would be great, thanks mate.

Craig.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #25
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here ya go Craig, hot off the press....taken only this morning.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #26
goop

Much appreciated, thanks a heap.

Looks tops, will do some ringing around, cheers