Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
sven

Default Suggestions for Door

Hey everyone,

Well i've got sick of my woofers hitting the door. for a while they were vibrating against something so i took the door off again and there was a bubble of hot glue from the new grill's that the left one was hitting. Now for some reason when i crank it right up the left one hits the grills but the right one doesn't. anyone reckon they have a reason why this would happen or suggestions for what i could do. Sorry bout the crappy pic i just took it with my phone yesterday.

Cheers,
Steve

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woofers in Door.jpg (64.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 19-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
sven

and i know the wiring is ****house i'm just trying to sort out the door problems atm...
Old 19-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
EFFalcon
Last warning

i'd glue or something some spacers onto the door around the speaker to space out the door trim from the speaker.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah ^ that sounds like a good option...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
i'd glue or something some spacers onto the door around the speaker to space out the door trim from the speaker.
ahh sounds good. thanks for the tip.
Steve
Old 20-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
efgiar
rofl copter

if u re-drilled the holes for the speakers urself, u could have possibly not had it center to the factory hole and it is lifting the speaker up just enough to hit, but an easy fix would be to hot glue some small pieces of wood onto the outer side of the speaker. i put alpine type s splits in my car today and they miss the window by a hair, doesnt hit the grill

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #7
sven

nah i didn't redrill he holes efgiar. they fit into the factory holes. the splits clear the window by milimeters... the problem is the diplacement of the woofers they hit the grills even though i've ground them right back. and they're still only powered at about 60%. might try what john said to push the door moulds out a bit.