Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #91
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordoldie
Are you stupid enough to believe that the VE is now slower than a VN? : :
Well up until the VY/VZ (Not sure which one), the VN V6 was the quickest V6 at the time. (I still don't like them though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza
Dude, do you think people buying an Omega are gonna be worrying about 400M times?
Good point.

No I don't think people that buy the Omega, would really care about the 400M times.

Just something I noticed, while reading WHEELS and had a giggle that the base model Commodores, were doing those times, about 10-15 years ago.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #92
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordoldie
Are you stupid enough to believe that the VE is now slower than a VN? : :
They are still slower down the 1/4 and to 100. But the VN-VP had 300-500kg less to lug around, And none of this electronic stuff that creeps in and Holt's your take offs. Just plan go when you hit the peddle.
Old 29-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #93
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Well up until the VY/VZ (Not sure which one), the VN V6 was the quickest V6 at the time. (I still don't like them though)
In that case I humbly aplogise if you were right e

I had a VN once and it handled like a crate, even with "FE2" but then again so did the EA Fairmont I had before that. Thank the Automotive gods things are well on the up these days
Fordoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #94
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Yeah, sorry man, seem to forget they replaced VY with VZ.........
Ahh....who cares they're both still ugly.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #95
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Having driven past a few dealerships latley, and seen the new VE i had to check it out. I like the new model despite what some say here...and those pumped out guards look really really good. Gives the car a real tough looking 21st century stance that the current Ford GT really lacks compared to it's predesesors.... EL & EB. Their has been hardly a change from the BA to BF falcon in exterior styling right across the range, which is most disapointing and very very boring & getting real old to say the least. I like the new VE and well done to holden...nice car. If I was a holden nut...i'd buy one. out:

Oh and another note.....Never ever right off a VL Turbo fitted with the little 3.0 ltr Nissan Six.....in her day she was the ducks guts and made mince meat of a worked 351 clevo...been their, seen it, done it....old car now but was definatley the super typhoon of it's day. Brings back fun memory's....those were fun day's indeed.

Cheers

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #96
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I still think that for a billion dollars, the design certainly is not as groundbreaking as people think.

It still has a lot of the VT-Z heritage there. It's hype.

The Falcon looks better IMO.

But I'm an inbecile, so what do I know?

You speak as though the whole $1 billion was spent soley on the Design of the car (exterior design).

There is a lot more to the VE than that
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #97
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenter
just curious how do you book a test drive with the VE commodore cause im curious to see how they drive still and visit the site cant see anything in booking a test drive throught the site

If all you want to do is drive the car with no intention what so ever of buying then wait until they are on the Avis fleet and go hire one for the day.

Don't waste the poor salesman's time and effort, he has enough bogans coming in to look at the damn thing and wasting his time, which could be better spent with someone who is genuinley interested in buying a car.

*end rant* :p
Old 30-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #98
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackahcdx
If all you want to do is drive the car with no intention what so ever of buying then wait until they are on the Avis fleet and go hire one for the day.

Don't waste the poor salesman's time and effort, he has enough bogans coming in to look at the damn thing and wasting his time, which could be better spent with someone who is genuinley interested in buying a car.

*end rant* :p
I'm waiting my brother and i are going to hire 1 for the weekend to toss around and see how good it is take turns. Get the family's in fill it up hit some bumps some highways some bends .
Old 30-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #99
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You speak as though the whole $1 billion was spent soley on the Design of the car (exterior design).

There is a lot more to the VE than that
Read further back! I acknowledged that. :SaiyanSmi

I am aware that the money was spent on other things.

And give me some room. Keep in mind, I am an imbecile.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #100
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a VE, for the first time today. (Yeah I know, I don't go out much lol)

Anyway it was an Omega and it looked quite good.

It's just too bad from a distance, it looks like a Astra.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #101
DA68ZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
The VE is fresh because of it's body, It is modern it is safe it's the area where Holden has the biggest advantage over Ford right now its flexible and as tight as a tax mans wallet.
tight LOL

Went and had a look on the weekend , sat in one and it look's like more of the same cheep plastic crap from vt/vx/xy/vz . You can push and pull sections of the dash . The amount it moved was unreal .
Had a SS there the inside was black , seats black , dash black , roof lining black , carpet black , consol black but wait it had fancy red lights in the dash gauges wow .
Pass 100% i would buy a 380 before a creakadoor. Why , look the same on the outside apart from the flared guards and stupid guard vents blinker thingy .
DA68ZA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #102
VSSII

Its "fresh" because a totally blank sheet was available to the designers for EVERYTHING except drivetrain. The current platform which they'd been using was coming to an end and the American platform they were considering using was not suitable so they designed their own. First time it's occurred at GM since the HQ. You can't just look at the car in the showroom to understand just how much has changed. If you really are interested and don't just want to bag it do a google search or grab a wheels magazine current issue or something.
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #103
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA68ZA
tight LOL

Went and had a look on the weekend , sat in one and it look's like more of the same cheep plastic crap from vt/vx/xy/vz . You can push and pull sections of the dash . The amount it moved was unreal .
Had a SS there the inside was black , seats black , dash black , roof lining black , carpet black , consol black but wait it had fancy red lights in the dash gauges wow .
Pass 100% i would buy a 380 before a creakadoor. Why , look the same on the outside apart from the flared guards and stupid guard vents blinker thingy .
Every car sold has plastic parts running through the interior it's nothing new.

People might like black i personally like it but not that much black. Didn't you see the inserts in colour or was the seats leather?.

In looks i don't think anyone would say it's the old car with flared guards. If i had my digital camera when i was at burson the other day i could have taken a pic of the First VT and the first VE side by side.
Old 31-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #104
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Read further back! I acknowledged that. :SaiyanSmi

I am aware that the money was spent on other things.

And give me some room. Keep in mind, I am an imbecile.

Wooops, sorry, i did notice that but was too damn lazy to fix the post :p
Old 01-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #105
DA68ZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Every car sold has plastic parts running through the interior it's nothing new.

People might like black i personally like it but not that much black. Didn't you see the inserts in colour or was the seats leather?.

In looks i don't think anyone would say it's the old car with flared guards. If i had my digital camera when i was at burson the other day i could have taken a pic of the First VT and the first VE side by side.
The car was a white ss with leather , dont get me wrong i like black but it was just to much . Dealer was at penrith didnt have many cars , 2 or 3 omega's an ss and a berlina . Next time i have a look will go without the misses and take one for a drive see how new ss stacks up against my old vyss .
DA68ZA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #106
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA68ZA
The car was a white ss with leather , dont get me wrong i like black but it was just to much . Dealer was at penrith didnt have many cars , 2 or 3 omega's an ss and a berlina . Next time i have a look will go without the misses and take one for a drive see how new ss stacks up against my old vyss .
A agree with you to much black is overboard. And what funny is i was the biggest disliker of the colour dash on the SS-V, But now it brakes up the black very well it grows on me still might not go for it.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:22 AM   #107
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wooops, sorry, i did notice that but was too damn lazy to fix the post :p
Yeah no probs.

Who can be stuffed reading though 20 pages of the same stuff?

I don't blame ya.

I guess the moral of the story is....I'm an imbecile.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post