Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #61
calaway

Most definately. A catalytic convertor is not to be afraid of. Like a muffler, you can have one that is more restricted than another. Same as a cat. Make sure that you have a high flow unit and you can rest assured that Mr Vicroads will not hassle you for not having one.
calaway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #62
Damo
Banned

Yeah i'm sure Dads` BA E-Gas has a cat.

My XC doesn't. :
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 11:55 AM   #63
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

We did some research into it, and discovered that a Cat MUST be fitted... so it has been left on there.

And as John said, there has been some good news. I'll let Steve come on and give exact details, but it seems that one of the major issues has been well and truly sorted. ;)
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #64
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Well as Dave and John have siad, some good news as of last night.

I'll start from when I got the car back from swift. I got them to re-align the supercharger and they also got me a new belt that was a little shorter to take up the rest of the slack that the tensioners had. Anyways, as i was driving away i was giving it a little and it was only registering 2 pounds now. I figured that the tensioner still wasn't putting enough tension on the belt, but I shrugged it off as i had a booking to get the tenioners slightly modified.

Last night i went for a little drive and found that now it was not making any boost whatsoever. Obviously very frustrated, I tried to find the problem myself (ie boost leaks etc). I popped the bonnet only to find out that swift hadn't even tightened the hose clamps on the intake between the blower and the cooler, meaning i was blowing air anywere but the intake :P Anyways, i did up the hose clamps and whatdoyaknow, now i'm getting between 7-8pounds , and you can certainly feel the difference. I reckon it's probably making as much boost as it can though as i would think the cooler would rob about 1psi before it got to the throttle.

Anyways, i'm dying to see how much power i'm making now, although I still have a few little bits and pieces that still need to go on aswell ;)
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 02:57 PM   #65
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaway
Very impressive looking engine bay. However can I be a devils advicate and suggest that if you are looking at producing 200kw's at the wheels your fuel system will not be to scratch. The single lpg convertor/lock off that you are
using will be good for about 150-170kw's at the wheels. If you are not careful, you will lean out at higher rpm.
Yeh as john said, i've got that base covered with a second converter ;)
Old 27-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #66
LUXO_8
windsor user

awesome steve..cant wait to go for a spin in oit now mate......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #67
Yagz
Banned

Good to hear steve!

Now, when are the thermo's going in? :P You do have the thermo's, right?

Oh, and i think the title needs something added ;)

Last edited by Yagz; 27-02-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #68
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Yes he has the thermos! :P

Thread title changed again. ;)

Now the car better not break down again, because we've reached the max no. of characters a thread title can have! :P lmao
Old 27-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #69
LUXO_8
windsor user

LMAO dave....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #70
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yay!! Thats great news steve! Soo, when do I get my ride? lol.
Old 27-02-2005, 08:10 PM   #71
Gunns
Banned

I call shotgun for a Heathcote run!
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #72
Sundeep
Banned

Come to Chirny tmrw night Steve ;)

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #73
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Well as Dave and John have siad, some good news as of last night.

I'll start from when I got the car back from swift. I got them to re-align the supercharger and they also got me a new belt that was a little shorter to take up the rest of the slack that the tensioners had. Anyways, as i was driving away i was giving it a little and it was only registering 2 pounds now. I figured that the tensioner still wasn't putting enough tension on the belt, but I shrugged it off as i had a booking to get the tenioners slightly modified.

Last night i went for a little drive and found that now it was not making any boost whatsoever. Obviously very frustrated, I tried to find the problem myself (ie boost leaks etc). I popped the bonnet only to find out that swift hadn't even tightened the hose clamps on the intake between the blower and the cooler, meaning i was blowing air anywere but the intake :P Anyways, i did up the hose clamps and whatdoyaknow, now i'm getting between 7-8pounds , and you can certainly feel the difference. I reckon it's probably making as much boost as it can though as i would think the cooler would rob about 1psi before it got to the throttle.

Anyways, i'm dying to see how much power i'm making now, although I still have a few little bits and pieces that still need to go on aswell ;)
Are you taking it back for another tune? Surely this change in air flow will stuff around with the mixtures a lot, I wouldnt want to see this engine grenade on you.

Last edited by MAD; 27-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #74
Kaddis
Kaddis Customs

hey 'Rmyers'

my bro works at dynomotive been workin on your car

ps...nice car aswell!!
Kaddis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #75
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddis
hey 'Rmyers'

my bro works at dynomotive been workin on your car

ps...nice car aswell!!
Hmmm, who's your brother?

I've been going to dynomotive for a while now (i think it was about 50 dyno runs there at last count! ), so he's probably worked on my car quite a few times as well. i've got a white EA spack (with xr front) that puts out about 169rwkw.
Old 15-03-2005, 09:53 PM   #76
Kaddis
Kaddis Customs

yeh my bro told me about your car aswell he's worked on it

his name is tim
Kaddis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #77
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Cool, good to see that our EA's are interesting enough to talk about, must be doing something right ;)