Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #61
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Well, you can't tell without putting it on a dyno.. or actually taking the engine covers off and looking for anything that looks not factory.

I mean, it's not impossible, but why run a 347 stroker on a stock EEC, with a 55mm MAF, and standard Explorer intake, with 60mm TB?
55mm MAF means more than likely 19lb injectors = no chance. Explorers would need a bit of work to pull 275rwkw as well.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #62
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

have a look on auto trader mate, there a quite a few under 8k and atleast the sellers seem to have smoe idea what they are trying to offload

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #63
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

ford_ed_xr6, you do need a rwc.. You need a RWC when;

- You transfer a car from one owner to another, but VicRoads do NOT need to see the car.

- You get a defect, and you need to take the car into Vicroads for them to inspect

- A car runs out of registratration, and Vicroads need to inspect it.
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #64
Xplode0185
Banned

i think he just really needs the money cause he keeps askin when i can pay and if i can send through a deposit
Xplode0185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #65
efgiar
rofl copter

dont put a deposit, tell him u will go and inspect the car and make sure its what he says it is, if its not upto scratch id say he would be the kinda block that would run twine as a fan belt. liars = trouble

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #66
Xplode0185
Banned

na i wasnt goin to put 1 i will go wit the cash wen i look at it and get shure and my bro to come wit me
Old 18-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #67
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thought i'd just give people an update on this car as i went to have a look at it on Saturday.

Cosmetically the car was in average condition - there were quite a few small scratches and chips on most panels, the front/rear bar needed to be resprayed and aligned properly (sagging), a few dints here and there and there was a big dent on the LHR wheel arch which continued down the rear passenger door. Paint overall was average, but probably come up ok after a cut'n'polish.

Interior there were a few cigarette burns, big tear on rear seat and one of the rear passenger door trims needed to be replaced.

Mechanically it was 'ok' the oil pressure gauage was off the dial (most likely broken wire to sender), timing was out and it generally needed a good service & tune but it still drove fairly smoothly and went pretty hard.

For RWC it needed 2x rear tyres, exhaust clamp and probably a few other minor things.

The price? We agreed on $5.5k (for a 97 EL2 XR8 5spd with bodykit etc :hihi: : )

The downside? I took too long to decide whether i wanted to take it on as a project (even though i knew 3 people were coming to look at it Sunday) and someone gave him $8k yesterday for it!
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #68
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Where you looking at it for ford ed xr6? or yourself?

$8,000 - wow - thats a bit too much with all the defects of the car.

Wonder if he just said that so he didnt have to sell it for $5,500.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #69
Xplode0185
Banned

i had a m8 look at it he sead not really worth it so im tryin to get loan for nf fairlane ghia iv found up hear
Old 18-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #70
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was looking at it for myself, im not really in the market for another XR but thought it had a bit of potential to be a neat cruiser.

The car was a bit neglected but with a bit of work would have come up quite nice, it also had a few extras i was unaware of like - momo steering wheel, pedders sportsryder suspension and the stereo was pretty decent 3x amps, 2x subs etc

But for 5.5k you could have spent another 2.5k respraying the bars & rear 1/4, service it yourself and then get it tuned, track down the interior bits and you would have a very nice 5spd XR8 on the road for 8k.

He would have sold it for 8k too, he knew i would only take it for 5.5k and that i wasn't fussed if i didn't get it. I rang him today and he reckons he was stoked with $8k as he was prepared to let it go for $5.5k, if only the new owner knew how to swing a deal could have got himself a bargain.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post