Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #31
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Yeah Cedric, Keepleft's comments were a little cryptic..... : But folks, I'm all good with the outcome. I was only amazed at the speed, I usually don't allow myself to do that... Karma...
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #32
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Rob
LOL...
thought you would have atleast made it to 100 Kev...I think you need a re-tune mate! :hihi: I think thats enough expensive lessons for you for atleast a little while...maybe a vacation?
I won't comment.... Suffice to say that 100 would have tipped the scales Rob. LOL But a holiday sounds good.... :dj:
Old 22-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #33
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Unlucky but lucky at the same time.
Old 22-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #34
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit of a lead foot eh? Well I'd rather deal with a cop than just a fine from a camera in the mail. Lucky mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
P Plater?
Lol I'm a P plater and haven't got a fine since I got my licence :P. Renewal came today for my full licence. 12 points :sm_headba
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 03:27 AM   #35
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM T
But folks, I'm all good with the outcome. I was only amazed at the speed, I usually don't allow myself to do that... Karma...
where did it happen? i pulled up next to you at lights on footscray rd last week and you took off quite sedately. (car looked very neat, thats a great blue). on my way to work yesterday (about 1.45pm friday) there was an unmarked silver xr8 parked on princess hwy under stkilda rd bridge, driver was standing next to it with radar. those things look like they're lining you up through a scope.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #36
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Lol I'm a P plater and haven't got a fine since I got my licence :P. Renewal came today for my full licence. 12 points :sm_headba
Same but ive only had my P's for over a month... :evilking:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #37
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Good to see your being mature about it. You wont be doing that again for a while me thinks.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #38
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregxr8
where did it happen? i pulled up next to you at lights on footscray rd last week and you took off quite sedately. (car looked very neat, thats a great blue). on my way to work yesterday (about 1.45pm friday) there was an unmarked silver xr8 parked on princess hwy under stkilda rd bridge, driver was standing next to it with radar. those things look like they're lining you up through a scope.
In front of Harrison Ford in Melton, at the lights. And yeah, not a habit of mine. That's life... Narooma Blue is what drew me to it on purchase... Thanx man.
Old 23-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #39
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Good to see your being mature about it. You wont be doing that again for a while me thinks.
Hahaha.. Nope... Funny though, my trip computer read out has dropped from 13.8 l/100 to 13.4 in 24 hours... Hmmmm, wonder why?
Old 24-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #40
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

My dad got pulled over on an abandon road out in the bush. Doin 90 in a 60. Cop said got any reason for speed? Dad said None what so ever mate. Cop just said alright tone it down a bit have a good night. lol
Old 24-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #41
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Totally my fault, and not looking for excuses or sympathy. But I got pipped today for a traffic incident...

Booted from a set of lights where I had been stationary (60 zone) and about 40 meters further on it's 80kph. Gave it no thought, 'till a plain commy was behind me with lights and sirens blazing. "Clocked you at 98 in a 60 driver, any reason for this?" Ummm ahhhh Hmmmm No. Bummer man... But he did write it up at a lower speed, and therefore I keep my license. I must thank the officer for that, as it is my bread and butter. $215 and 3 demerits. Although he did say he would have taken the car if he had the time...

But I still can't believe the pace, 98 in a 60 from standing start within 40 meters. Time to chill the right foot.... : :yeees:

P.S. Had this been a Camera? I would have been walking for a year.
0-96 in 40meters. try atleast 50.

dont belive that for a second
Old 24-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #42
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the likely penalties for getting caught doing 215kph in a 100kph zone?
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 07:18 AM   #43
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

i wouldnt even think of them. if your on open roads do what ya want. if your in suburban streets stay on the limit kids are stupid and just run out and stuff.
Old 24-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #44
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
What are the likely penalties for getting caught doing 215kph in a 100kph zone?
Why such a specific speed? I dont want to even think what you may have been doing.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #45
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
0-96 in 40meters. try atleast 50.

dont belive that for a second
Mate I didn't get out a measure the damn distance, just a guess. Might have been 50 meters... But that's about it, because the 80 k sign is not far from the lights. The car's pb is 12.6 so it isn't far of the mark...
Old 24-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #46
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Mate I didn't get out a measure the damn distance, just a guess. Might have been 50 meters... But that's about it, because the 80 k sign is not far from the lights. The car's pb is 12.6 so it isn't far of the mark...
maybe you should go back with a tape measure, i would say the ticket proves its believable
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #47
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregxr8
maybe you should go back with a tape measure, i would say the ticket proves its believable
Either that, or the infringement notice is contestable... :

Last edited by ORSM T; 24-09-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 24-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #48
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Why such a specific speed? I dont want to even think what you may have been doing.
I did it at 3.00 am on the freeway. There were no other cars around. I wouldn't dream doing it if there were. It would be irresposnsible and dangerous to other road users.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 10:50 AM   #49
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

I think it all has something to do with your attitude towards the police officer that pulls you up.

Within the last 2 months I have been pulled over 4 times, twice for speeding (not excessively), once for wheelspin at a set of lights (not excessively), and once for running through amber lights.

Each time I was fined but I havent lost any points yet! :thebirds:
I suppose its because I am very courteous, well mannered and basically a suck up. You admit complete fault and stupidity and they will let you off very easily.
Well atleast its worked so far in my cases.

See it doesnt hurt to be nice! :eclipsee_
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #50
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
I did it at 3.00 am on the freeway. There were no other cars around. I wouldn't dream doing it if there were. It would be irresposnsible and dangerous to other road users.
Court time. High enders are known to visit HM prison, its increasingly recognised.

Speed dangerous and exceed speed limit.

Ways and means to defend a key charge, and I do see some very poor defence counsel.

Quote:
GTS_300_Coupe - I think it all has something to do with your attitude towards the police officer that pulls you up.

Within the last 2 months I have been pulled over 4 times, twice for speeding (not excessively), once for wheelspin at a set of lights (not excessively), and once for running through amber lights.

Each time I was fined but I havent lost any points yet! I suppose its because I am very courteous, well mannered and basically a suck up. You admit complete fault and stupidity and they will let you off very easily.
Well atleast its worked so far in my cases.

See it doesnt hurt to be nice!
IF demerit points are attributable for an offence they will be landed on your record as a gain. That you say they have not yet landed into your driver record does not mean they won't, it is merely a reflection of a system not keeping up with itself at most.

It is not up to police to 'administer' points after issuing infringement, this is the job of the states road transport agency, after receiving notification of the offence.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #51
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Umm, most would say double the speed limit on a public road is irresponsible no matter where you are or who's around.... but just in case you were wondering that sort of speed on a Victorian road would see your car imponded under the hoon laws, your licence suspended on the spot and a date with you and a judge where you would face at least 2 years of licence cancellation and a fine that would be minimum in the $2000 area IF you were lucky and the judge felt sorry for you.

Use a racetrack mate. Its more fun and there's safety crews on hand to rescue you from your twisted wreckage if something does go wrong.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #52
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
IF demerit points are attributable for an offence they will be landed on your record as a gain. That you say they have not yet landed into your driver record does not mean they won't, it is merely a reflection of a system not keeping up with itself at most.

It is not up to police to 'administer' points after issuing infringement, this is the job of the states road transport agency, after receiving notification of the offence.
Well it could be different for QLD Police but for those offences, although they have given me a fine the officer has stated then and there that no demit points will be taken away from my licence as a result of my actions because of my attitude towards the situation.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post