Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bitten hard by the Ford bug!

Well i guess i am relatively new to the forum, think i joined at the beginning of the year. I am now nearly 27 years old and for 24 of those years i was a Holden person. Nearly 2 years ago i bought my Cortina and haven't really looked back since except for buying a VT for a daily driver. Now my missus is hooked on the Blue oval as well and we are soon going to trade the VT for a BA something-or-other in the not to distant future. We also own a VN SS but that wont be going anywhere as it's a good car for what it is. Now we have both fallen for the XT-XY series of cars! After seeing so many good examples in recent magazine issues with flash paint and choice wheels it was only a matter of time before this happened. Only problem with these cars is in the buying them and the price tag that accompanies even a poor example, but, i will get one and add my own flavour. Before this though i want to build another car from a different brand, no not holden. A Bluebird wagon with a Nissan Quad cam V8 :monkes: . So i just thought i'd let everyone know that i/we are here to stay as ford people.

Old 25-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

welcome aboard mate, and yes once you're bitten it takes over. i turn over more fords than a hyperactive shonky second hand car dealer.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 03:25 AM   #3
slloyd

I too was once a Holden man, but no-longer.

I remember about 10 years ago when I was 16, my driving instructor was telling me he used to work for BorgWarner and how he was a Ford Man. When I asked in disbelief how he could be a Ford man the reply came with an incredulous kind of chuckle - "Because they're better."

Indeed.
slloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #4
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Ford bug has no repellent, cure or treatment.

However, only people with brains are affected by it.

Welcome aboard!
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 03:53 AM   #5
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
However, only people with brains are affected by it.
that's open to some serious debate!

For the majority though, true.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Always glad to hear when someone comes over from the darkside!!
Old 25-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
Always glad to hear when someone comes over from the darkside!!
I don't think Holden is the darkside. I current have a VTII and I reckon it's ok as a car.

But I just think Falcons are nicer, as well as having a superior heritage.

To me, the darkside is Toyota, who are trying to become like the Empire and control the motoring industry with rounded boxes and plastic seats.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
Tinaturna
Starter Motor

Love the tina in your avatar!!! : : :
Tinaturna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 01:35 AM   #9
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinaturna
Love the tina in your avatar!!! : : :
What mine? It does alright. Will do better soon!
Old 26-09-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dad was a holden boy for his first car (HQ back then), but since then got blue blood, thankfully.

Only thing that heats my oven as much as the oval, is Mopar... Mmm. If only the 427 SOHC was put into production!
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #11
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmm after being here so long, I can slowly feel myself, slip away from being a "Holden supporter". (I mainly like old Holdens anyway)

I mean, I would own a nice falcon, tommorow. If given the opportunity.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #12
BJ
Banned

Shane i wish you luck trying to find a nice XR to XT. I know when we found ours if it had'nt been for Nick ( Falcon Coupe ) i would still be looking. They are out there, trust me you will find one. Just be prepared for some hard work.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know of a XW fairmont shell that is for sale for $150! everything is there even the chrome, just not the engine and trans. But thats ok anyways because i would put in a healthy clevo anyhoo. Problem is i only ever saw the fella out at the drags and we haven't had any for a while so i don't know his number or even a name.