Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #31
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

There is one here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&ih=004

It didnt meet the reserve and has reasonably high k's, but it is exactly what you are after

I didnt realize you already got onto one.
Old 17-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
There is one here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&ih=004

It didnt meet the reserve and has reasonably high k's, but it is exactly what you are after

I didnt realize you already got onto one.
Ohhh

If that was in Vic id sell mine and get that!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #33
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, ok, pics on way :l
Small logistics challenge first. I work in the N.T., live in Geelong and the car is in QLD. So when I have flown home, flown back up to Qld and driven home I will give it a Maquires and put up a pic or two. I would also like to do a dyno sheet as stock and know my starting point. Any dyno's in Geelong that anyone knows of?
Craney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #34
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I had one it was a Mercury Silver coloured one and had a Tickford bodykit on it.
The guy that bought it has done a lot of work or is about to.
Hes getting a 347 stroker kit and has some Trickflow manifolds and heads to go on it.
Auto box is getting worked over to handle the extra horses.
I know that doesnt help you but just get any colour one and respray it because a lot of people are gonna start doing them up.

I also bet that once you get one about a week later one will come up in good condition, low Ks and in Navy Blue.
Old 17-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #35
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Navy blue with a V8 on a el ghia would be sweet as. So 416 V8 EL fairmont ghia's, this might be a bit off the topic but as most of you's would know the series one EB are classified as pretty rare. Would anyone know the number of series 1 EB V8 fairmont's??. Im guessing it would be around the 100 mark.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #36
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
Navy blue with a V8 on a el ghia would be sweet as. So 416 V8 EL fairmont ghia's, this might be a bit off the topic but as most of you's would know the series one EB are classified as pretty rare. Would anyone know the number of series 1 EB V8 fairmont's??. Im guessing it would be around the 100 mark.
they'd most likely be rare yeah, but it's 421 EL Ghia V8's, 416 EB Ghia V8's

ring Ford customer relations during business hours - 13FORD and ask them, they'll let you know (if you get someone with half a clue).
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #37
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
they'd most likely be rare yeah, but it's 421 EL Ghia V8's, 416 EB Ghia V8's
You were pretty quick to pick that up lol. Yeh sorry my mistake, im in epping tommoro so il just go down to the ford dealer there and see if they can answer my question, otherwise il just ring 13FORD then.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #38
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
You were pretty quick to pick that up lol. Yeh sorry my mistake, il go down to ford in epping tommoro and see what they say about it.
haha don't bother.. they will probably say they didn't make any at all.. i bought my BA from there.

13 36 73 (13 FO RD) is your friend ;p
Old 01-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #39
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Very Happy!!!

What a geat ride! My wife and I just got home to Geelong from picking our Ghia up from Caloundra Qld. 1850 of the most comfortable kms I have travelled done over three days. Kept her full of 98 octane and got a total average of 10.4 litres per 100 kms in economy mode with the cruise spot on the limit and the aircon on the whole time. Thats damn near 28 mile per gallon! Interior was flawless right down to the Ford accessory floor mats until I broke the dash light dimmer toggle. : And do I love the LSD or what! Even in its current luxo barge config. I've never driven one before so doing U turns when lost in Sydney was a whole lot of fun. and... and... and...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fairmont.jpg (30.7 KB, 82 views)
Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #40
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

good stuff mate, looks very nice.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #41
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I forgot how high these things sit when stock. Nice car mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #42
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Great find! Quite possibly the best of the regular E-Series range.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #43
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate does your ghia still have the QLD plates?

I'm pretty sure i was cruising up latrobe tce before next to it with your missus driving it.

Looks very clean and tidy! Great find. Once you get the mods done you've mentioned it's going to look awesome. Urgently needs wheel, lowering and tint Then it'll start turning heads!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #44
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers Boys,

We could not be happier. They do sit high when they're stock dont they? One of Lynny's first comments when she saw the car was how the wheel arches looked so out of proportion with the wheels. And yeah Schmidty, that was my Girl and Ghia you saw heading up Latrobe after dropping me off at Tulla to fly to work. I know it was because when I mentioned your post and user name she laughed and said she had seen a set of plates very similar crusing up the terrace.

Regarding wheels and lowering, Lynny and I have decided that since we have a Ghia as opposed to an XR8 or similar that the theme we are going to try follow will be inspired by the european four door GT's of post WW2. These cars had big wheels and were lowish but their tyres were always of a bigger profile than the comparable sports cars of the era. So... after all that, we are thinking a clean set of alloy "spoked" wheels of 9 to 12 spokes (we were thinking about the EL GT rims, but maybe not enough spokes), 17 inch with tyres that still give us a good 100 to 120 mm of profile. 265/45 rear and 225/55 front is my first thought. What do you all reckon? Any brand thoughts based on your experiences?
Cheers