Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
TWiZTiD
TWiZTiD EA

Default What to do???

I just about got the diff in my car now and still dont know what brake set up to use,The EA brakes but need pads or EL Brakes which i have all the parts for ????

10/89 EA 11 Spac5 Speed, Mpfi, EL XR6 Cam, EF/EL Thermo Fans, EL BBM Intake, Sports Exhurst, ED Bonnet, ED XR6 Boot, Boot Lip, Garnish and Lights, ED Electric Mirrors, Trip Computer, Clear Indicators, EB XR6 Steering Wheel, King Superlows, Monroe GT Shocks and EL GT copy Rims.
15.3 @ 90 mph
TWiZTiD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

if u use the el brakes u wont have a handbrake. stick with the ea brakes, they are better and its easier to drift in them aparently. just get a hydraulic hand brake setup and ull be pro drifter :P

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #3
TWiZTiD
TWiZTiD EA

hand brake does not stress me, I have worked out how to get that working.
But do the ea brakes stop better ??
10/89 EA 11 Spac5 Speed, Mpfi, EL XR6 Cam, EF/EL Thermo Fans, EL BBM Intake, Sports Exhurst, ED Bonnet, ED XR6 Boot, Boot Lip, Garnish and Lights, ED Electric Mirrors, Trip Computer, Clear Indicators, EB XR6 Steering Wheel, King Superlows, Monroe GT Shocks and EL GT copy Rims.
15.3 @ 90 mph
Old 05-10-2006, 01:04 AM   #4
Damo
Banned

the brakes are pretty much the same from EA-EL, a lot would depent on what pads and discs you are using.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
TWiZTiD
TWiZTiD EA

ok i might set up the el brakes as a have a few great set of pads for them, but now i wouldnt be able to run 14inch stockies any more ??
15.3 @ 90 mph
Old 05-10-2006, 01:17 AM   #6
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

id just run the ea setup.. so much easier.. back brakes dont make much difference in terms of pulling up as such...

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #7
TWiZTiD
TWiZTiD EA

Forgot to add its a EL XR Diff
15.3 @ 90 mph