Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #511
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Default Re: Tax the rich?

Sad but true

Even though the cost was over the top I was looking forward to some reasonable broadband in one of the most populous and prosperous cities in the world, but alas it was just a dream, and will remain ever so.......
Old 14-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #512
BHDOGS
Banned

Aslong as ur not sick, old, young a student or jobless your golden.
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #513
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I don't get why they introduce more costings to the budget, if they want to get it back into surplus.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #514
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
I don't get why they introduce more costings to the budget, if they want to get it back into surplus.
This is what govco was trying its best to not publicise.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Old 14-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #515
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HAHAHAHA

Holy cow this should be renamed the commi thread, the age of entitlement!

I work all day why does the government not give me stuff?
  • Manufacturing moves off shore = whinge, government not doing anything
  • Cut company tax to encourge busness here = still whinge..

Yes debt is good when you are actually paying it back.....when you are borrowing more in order to pay the interest on debt it is bad.
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #516
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the extremely wealthy once again get away without paying any income tax, Medicare levy, etc etc

is it any wonder James Packer is such a close mate of the #1 conservative mouthpiece Alan Jones?

once again a budget for the big end of town at the expense of the majority.

And is the second vital part of Gonski being funded?
Old 14-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #517
BHDOGS
Banned

They didn't cut the tax rate to encourage buisness they did it to compensate them for there paid parental leave tax of 1.5%
Old 14-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #518
BHDOGS
Banned

They really should of cut negative gearing it does nothing to ease house issues and locks people out from buying there first home it's a 6 billion dollar joke
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #519
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

"Get rid of negative gearing".. "Free health and education".. "Slug anyone earning over 100k".. "Drop all fuel excise".. Etc, etc..

We ALL talk through our OWN pockets...
And through our own personal circumstances!
Such is human nature!
And such is the reason that there'll always be hugely opposing opinions on this topic!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #520
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT View Post
Sad but true

Even though the cost was over the top I was looking forward to some reasonable broadband in one of the most populous and prosperous cities in the world, but alas it was just a dream, and will remain ever so.......
Good old Rupert was never going to allow it to happen :(
Old 14-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #521
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Crisis averted!

There is still a Ford in my driveway.

The Liberal government is not bringing in a new tax for earners over $180,000.

Is a LEVY!

The Labour opposition is not opposing increasing the tax of people earning over $180,000.

They are holding the government to account for doing a back flip on an election promise not to bring in new taxes. Seriously, the "No Carbon Tax” Labour party.

And the Greens have released a statement to say Christine Milne is recovering well from her "Rectal relocation"*. Christine would like to thank the crew of Sea Shepard and the Dalai lama for there well wishes.

*Rectal relocation is PC speak for having your party room rip you a new one for making a policy announcement without consulting them first.
Old 14-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #522
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate this "age of entitlement" crap they go on with.

It's not...a fair and just government gives the less fortunate access to help. That's how a good society should work. It's not "entitlement", it's a humane way to treat the less fortunate in your society. If it goes too far and is too easy to get, then it becomes something some people get a feeling of "entitlement" about.

The people who should feel they're entitled to something back are, to be blunt, people like me. I paid over $36,000 tax last year, and only manage to get a tax refund of about $500 if I'm lucky each year. I'd love to have this amount of contribution to the tax system recognised and be able to have a few benefits of some sort, but that won't happen. All people at my end of the wage earner scale are good for is as a useful scapegoat as "the rich" and a handy tool to whack a bit of extra tax on to "fix things".
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #523
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
They really should of cut negative gearing it does nothing to ease house issues and locks people out from buying there first home it's a 6 billion dollar joke
Don't worry, when all the under 30's lose their jobs and cant afford to pay their rent the real fun will begin.

Poor bugger across the road from me has received word that the bank is repossessing his small family home.
He took ill a few months ago and before he went back he was virtually made redundant, no further work.
His wife is a stay at home mum who is almost finished a Nursing degree.

He has applied to his Super for help under hardship.

He's in his late 20's, if this was 2 months down the track not only would he be thrown out of his home, but he wouldn't be able to afford to even rent a place from an investor as he would get no Centrelink support.

Now, don't get me wrong, this young bloke is a hard worker, immaculately kept home, only drives an old Astra and VS Commodore.
Barely goes anywhere, doesn't drink or smoke and is clean cut and fit.

He cant even get an interview.

He is considering the Police force, but even that is a lengthy process.

Does he sound like the type of guy who should be crucified.

People bang on about welfare dependants, but when you want to work and have experience/tickets and cant even get noticed, what chance does someone worse off or school leavers have.

This is going to get ugly.
10 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #524
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I hate this "age of entitlement" crap they go on with.

It's not...a fair and just government gives the less fortunate access to help. That's how a good society should work. It's not "entitlement", it's a humane way to treat the less fortunate in your society. If it goes too far and is too easy to get, then it becomes something some people get a feeling of "entitlement" about.

The people who should feel they're entitled to something back are, to be blunt, people like me. I paid over $36,000 tax last year, and only manage to get a tax refund of about $500 if I'm lucky each year. I'd love to have this amount of contribution to the tax system recognised and be able to have a few benefits of some sort, but that won't happen. All people at my end of the wage earner scale are good for is as a useful scapegoat as "the rich" and a handy tool to whack a bit of extra tax on to "fix things".
I get where your coming from...but expecting recognition and get a few benefits of some sort is an expression of that 'entitlement' to oppose.
'I pay lots of tax so I deserve something back'

How about defense, roads, health, education, the good feeling from providing a safety net, a free public broadcaster, a legal system, libraries, scientific research and the myriad of other things we as tax payers benefit from, that we pay the government to provide on our behalf.

Justin
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #525
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

What do you want? Seriously? You're on over 100K and you're sooking?

You're far from needy mate.

This is the exact definition of "age of entitlement".

Maybe they should hand out merit certificates for dudes like you...
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #526
superyob
Banned

There is a huge difference between those on social security because they need it to survive, and the middle class demands that someone else fund their choices...
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #527
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
There is a huge difference between those on social security because they need it to survive, and the middle class demands that someone else fund their choices...
Entitlement doesn't just apply to those who want something back for all their tax paid, it applies equally to those that clearly aren't motivated to work hard, cant support a family, but have one anyway while holding their hands out expecting the taxpayer to support them.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #528
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What do you want? Seriously? You're on over 100K and you're sooking?

You're far from needy mate.

This is the exact definition of "age of entitlement".

Maybe they should hand out merit certificates for dudes like you...
*HE DOESN'T WANT ANYTHING AND HE HAS STATED THAT .
He is thinking about his fellow humans , and pays taxes so that the taxes go towards something usefull .
All this age of entitlement stuff . WHAT MAKES THE GOVERNMENT THINK THEY ARE ENTITLED TO US PAYING NEARLY 1/2 OF OUR EARNINGS IN TAX TO THEM ???
I WOULD LURVE INA FIGURE OF SPEECH !!! to have arms like my legs , and be 20 years younger and box some sense into all the selfish people here , who dont care about peoples next meals other than thier own .

I'M A hard worker , and have been all of my life . i have never avoided paying tax , never missed a meal , always had a roof over my head , and am aware that these things can change at anytime . I sleep well at night knowing that i pay lots of tax to make sure my fellow australians have the same , regardless of thier wealth or employment status .
i'll be dammed if i'm going to pay most of my hard earned , for the govt to kick people out of thier homes onto the streets and take my money at the same time .

my son asked me if i was upset with the budget , of course i am i replied . because i said they have made your life harder , you now have to be self relient and can lose your house if you get into trouble , you will have to be 1 in 5 , of you kind , to have a fair life without hardship .
i explained that we as a family arent effected yet , but we will be as we get older . i said others who get rebates off the govt , because they dont earn as much as us , or have one parent at home , will lose money , and there kids will be worse off than you are , and i dont want that , cause not everyone has a chance to earn what i earn . . it simply is unfair .
he got what i was saying .

Last edited by GasoLane; 14-05-2014 at 09:56 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #529
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
*HE DOESN'T WANT ANYTHING AND HE HAS STATED THAT .
He is thinking about his fellow humans , and pays taxes so that the taxes go towards something usefull .
All this age of entitlement stuff . WHAT MAKES THE GOVERNMENT THINK THEY ARE ENTITLED TO US PAYING NEARLY 1/2 OF OUR EARNINGS IN TAX TO THEM ???
I WOULD LURVE INA FIGURE OF SPEECH !!! to have arms like my legs , and be 20 years younger and box some sense into all the selfish people here , who dont care about peoples next meals other than thier own .

I'M A hard worker , and have been all of my life . i have never avoided paying tax , never missed a meal , always had a roof over my head , and am aware that these things can change at anytime . I sleep well at night knowing that i pay lots of tax to make sure my fellow australians have the same , regardless of thier wealth or employment status .
i'll be dammed if i'm going to pay most of my hard earned , for the govt to kick people out of thier homes onto the streets and take my money at the same time .

my son asked me if i was upset with the budget , of course i am i replied . because i said they have made your life harder , you now have to be self relient and can lose your house if you get into trouble , you will have to be 1 in 5 , of you kind , to have a fair life without hardship .
i explained that we as a family arent effected yet , but we will be as we get older . i said others who get rebates off the govt , because they dont earn as much as us , or have one parent at home , will lose money , and there kids will be worse off than you are , and i dont want that , cause not everyone has a chance to earn what i earn . . it simply is unfair .
he got what i was saying .
Did you tell your son you can't borrow more than you can repay?

Did you tell him if he gets 10 bucks pocket money a week he can't spend 15 bucks.

Did you tell him if he borrows 5 bucks from you which he needs to repay the following week. When he gets his pocket money he may not be able to buy the things he did the previous week when he had 15 dollars to spend, he can now only spend 5 dollars.

I bet he'd get that! Which is something 90% of the people in this thread don't get.
Old 14-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #530
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Did you tell him if he gets 10 bucks pocket money a week he can't spend 15 bucks.

Did you tell him if he borrows 5 bucks from you which he needs to repay the following week. When he gets his pocket money he may not be able to buy the things he did the previous week when he had 15 dollars to spend, he can now only spend 5 dollars.

I bet he'd get that! Which is something 90% of the people in this thread don't get.
This tactic of oversimplifying govt debt has worked a treat for this government in terms of getting people to believe the rhetoric. They manufacture a 'crisis', keep monotonously blaming the other side for it and offer to 'fix' it for us.
Govt debt is not a bad thing and shouldn't be compared to a household budget. If we all followed that same govt reasoning we wouldn't have taken out home or car loans.
If the govt really meant what they claim they'd have the wealthiest paying their share and wouldn't have created the 20 billion research fund.
We've been scammed out of Gonski and it's being justified by a manufactured crisis
4 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #531
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
This tactic of oversimplifying govt debt has worked a treat for this government in terms of getting people to believe the rhetoric. They manufacture a 'crisis', keep monotonously blaming the other side for it and offer to 'fix' it for us.
Govt debt is not a bad thing and shouldn't be compared to a household budget. If we all followed that same govt reasoning we wouldn't have taken out home or car loans.
If the govt really meant what they claim they'd have the wealthiest paying their share and wouldn't have created the 20 billion research fund.
We've been scammed out of Gonski and it's being justified by a manufactured crisis
Can you explain to me why debt was bad when Julia and Wayne where convincing us they would deliver a surplus just weeks before their budget delivery. Then when they completely missed the mark, debt was good, we don't need a surplus.

But Generally I agree debt is good when it is used to invest, it is bad when you simply borrow more just to pay back the interest on past debt. Then debt is bad.

But politics is kinda like footy, very few swinging voters, and I must say I'm one of the one eyed, so no point posting really I won't agree with the commis and they won't agree with me...
Old 14-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #532
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
HAHAHAHA

Holy cow this should be renamed the commi thread, the age of entitlement!

I work all day why does the government not give me stuff?
  • Manufacturing moves off shore = whinge, government not doing anything
  • Cut company tax to encourge busness here = still whinge..

Yes debt is good when you are actually paying it back.....when you are borrowing more in order to pay the interest on debt it is bad.

Except Australia's revenue is greater than the amount we're paying back significantly. So your problem is.....?

Also stop throwing around the word commi. You clearly have no idea on political theory.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #533
BHDOGS
Banned

commies? would you explain how that works? ive always been confused why people feel the need to use derogatory comments like commies to describe anybody who doesnt support there way of thinking its as bad as the stupid American capitalist pig dog infidels who rave on about free health care being communism.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #534
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

hmmmm i'd rather be a commie than you buddy .
my son gets 10 bucks a week pocket money and has saved $1800 , he is dux of year 7 . but i'm not boasting . just replying to you talking to me like i'm in kindergarten .
one thing i didnt tell my son , when his mate came around upset after learning his cousin just died of cancer , my son went upstairs , got $50 out of his cash storage , and gave it to his friend and said , could you please donate this $50 to the cancer council at the funeral or later , i'm so sorry about your cousin.
I didnt teach him or tell him that , and he doesnt need to read your post . if you call me a commie . i'm proud .
the govt still made his*/ and everyones chances harder if they fall on thier knees , nothing you say will change that .

Last edited by gtfpv; 15-05-2014 at 12:13 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #535
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Funny ..... I remember a few threads not that long ago that predicted the demise of Australia. In fact the threads went on for months and anyone who said that things were ticking over nicely were shot down and treated like morons. AMAZING TURN AROUND!!!!

Now there is no probs? Great to hear

Also the term Commi .... which I don't like very much but in this context, I believe is to describe those that are whining that there should be total equality in payments and wealth. That everyone should be living the same with absolutely no rich (they are BAD ,,, mmmmmkay!), business should NOT be making a profit and money should be available to anyone with their hand out.

I think thats it?

And as far as the kiddies go ....... I would rather them fix things now than have my grandkids worry about it in the not so distant future. While I don't agree with everything that has been handed down, its better than where we were heading.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #536
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Re: the "Commie"" term being derogative? Buggered if I know why anyone would be offended?
Would you be offended by the term.. "Red Ragger"? OR Greenie??

Not very long ago the Communist party was a legitimate political entity.. (until early 90s)
They controlled every Australian Trade Union, and were in bed with the Labor party for yonks...
Commie, Greenie.... Both radicals with NFI
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2014, 12:19 AM   #537
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Re: the "Commie"" term being derogative? Buggered if I know why anyone would be offended?

Not very long ago the Communist party was a legitimate political entity.. (until early 90s)
They controlled every Australian Trade Union, and were in bed with the Labor party for yonks...
mate we have been through all this before in other threads . this thread is called " tax the rich" something that created communism , something that the very principle of communism is being taken away from australain families, something that nearly all of us are still working under , and something that many anti commies have no idea they are benifiting from it .
listen to the rhetoric going around media and everything at the moment . because there is no defense . outcome the phrases and words like commies , bludgers, slingshot excuses like they did it not us , and there followers , you could literally set thier hair on fire and they'd thank the govt for it . LOL

ONE THING I WAS VERY SURPRISED AT LAST NIGHT , was CHANNEL SURFING , to watch the budget , there was food shows , building shows , and singing on tv , the budget was on a public commie station , the ABC , isn't some hi up people trying to shut down the abc ??? they would be happy to have people watch twerking and *** shaking , while all this stuff is unseen you know .
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #538
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Yeah... Agree mate! (seriously)
Earlier I posted about "everyone talking through their pocket".. Which I suggest, just about sums up virtually every post in this "TAX THE RICH" thread..... If it benefits you.. All's dandy", If it's going to negatively affect you.... Then, they're bozos that need voting out...
Labor, Libs, Greens, Commies, Whoever... Nobody cares until it directly affects THEM!

Anyhow.. Lifes good, Me mate ran a 8.09 @ 171mph today in his Turbo FG. Who cares about bloody budgets and politics and missing planes and dangerous cities of the world and their cat leaving paw scratches on bonnets and......
Old 15-05-2014, 01:13 AM   #539
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post

I wear it with a badge of pride
Old 15-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #540
BHDOGS
Banned

Blerg
Closed Thread