Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-12-2023, 08:14 PM   #5371
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

...........Friday afternoons!

I swear, everyone knuckle head in the universe decides to surface from the depths on a Friday afternoon. A constant stream of idiotic customers who like to overcomplicate even the simplest of things, demand special attention, be downright insulting or waste 15 minutes of your time before informing you that they have no intention of buying anything today. And that's the people who come into the store, then there are the phone calls. Then the idiotic sales system that was designed by a 2-year-old which makes even the simplest tasks complicated.

Urrgh, two days to go and then I'm hibernating from the world.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2023, 10:09 PM   #5372
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
...........Friday afternoons!

I swear, everyone knuckle head in the universe decides to surface from the depths on a Friday afternoon. A constant stream of idiotic customers who like to overcomplicate even the simplest of things, demand special attention, be downright insulting or waste 15 minutes of your time before informing you that they have no intention of buying anything today. And that's the people who come into the store, then there are the phone calls. Then the idiotic sales system that was designed by a 2-year-old which makes even the simplest tasks complicated.

Urrgh, two days to go and then I'm hibernating from the world.
You think your job sucks, in my employment I got to deal with truck drivers, wait till you get the subcontinent variety with a bit of language barrier, does my head in at times.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2023, 10:50 PM   #5373
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
You think your job sucks, in my employment I got to deal with truck drivers, wait till you get the subcontinent variety with a bit of language barrier, does my head in at times.
I deal with a few of those too. Some are great, some are self-absorbed morons.

In particular, a certain group (you can read between the lines as to who I am referring to here) have a habit of arriving later in the day, they turn up on the loading dock, honk the horn and expect someone to rush out and unload them, all while talking on their phone instead of concentrating on what they are being paid to do. And when you don't rush out to unload, they come into the public area of the nursery waving/shouting to get our attention. And then when unloaded, they are shoving the delivery note in my face to sign before I have even dropped the pallet or accounted for the stock. And to cap that all off, they then ask to use the bathroom.

I DO NOT ENTERTAIN THAT SORT OF BEHAVIOR. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." Speak to me with respect, you will get respect.

Here's the thing, that person is being paid to deliver goods, which means not just driving and arriving, it also means unloading in a satisfactory way, because otherwise, what's the point? I am not a servant, and I am not a dog to be shouted at to get my attention, nor do I work for THEM! Just because they are running late, that is not my fault or problem, perhaps if these people concentrated doing their job instead of talking on the phone, then maybe they wouldn't be rushing to finish their day.

The flipside is those who understand that without us ordering stock, they wouldn't have a job driving and delivering said stock. They arrive in a timely manner, unload and check stock, make sure its unloaded with care, be kind and courteous, concentrate on what they are doing rather than checking or talking on their phone the whole time.

Can people sense I'm a little tightly wound at the moment.
Mustang GT

Old 02-12-2023, 02:45 PM   #5374
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Flood waters are back

Did my usual walk last night after three or fours days of not being able to get out due to rain. Whilst there was certainly pools of rain water around, there was no sign of any flood waters. This is a bridge I went across yesterday, with the path the other side. No hope of getting anywhere past this bridge this morning.

The bollard at the entry to the bridge gives you an idea as to how high it is.

With the flood a couple of months back, you couldn't cross the bridge but there was some ground not covered by water. Not this time.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #5375
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Steam cleaned my engine bay today. Not good.....
The rad was only replaced last year. Spoke to a mechanic and he was a bit like hmmmmmm, untill i told him it’s a falcon. He reckons if i drop the car off on monday he can do it on the day. The car will make it the kay or so with no cordial in it.
Did you get there OK?
Old 04-12-2023, 11:54 AM   #5376
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Did you get there OK?
Walked to the mechanics when they opened. Twas a different guy who said he was waiting for the boss so i gave my number and and still waiting for the call.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2023, 12:11 PM   #5377
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In particular, a certain group (you can read between the lines as to who I am referring to here) have a habit of arriving later in the day, they turn up on the loading dock, honk the horn and expect someone to rush out and unload them, all while talking on their phone instead of concentrating on what they are being paid to do. And when you don't rush out to unload, they come into the public area of the nursery waving/shouting to get our attention. And then when unloaded, they are shoving the delivery note in my face to sign before I have even dropped the pallet or accounted for the stock. And to cap that all off, they then ask to use the bathroom.

I DO NOT ENTERTAIN THAT SORT OF BEHAVIOR. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." Speak to me with respect, you will get respect.

Here's the thing, that person is being paid to deliver goods, which means not just driving and arriving, it also means unloading in a satisfactory way, because otherwise, what's the point? I am not a servant, and I am not a dog to be shouted at to get my attention, nor do I work for THEM! Just because they are running late, that is not my fault or problem, perhaps if these people concentrated doing their job instead of talking on the phone, then maybe they wouldn't be rushing to finish their day.

The flipside is those who understand that without us ordering stock, they wouldn't have a job driving and delivering said stock. They arrive in a timely manner, unload and check stock, make sure its unloaded with care, be kind and courteous, concentrate on what they are doing rather than checking or talking on their phone the whole time.

Your work needs to institute a policy to gain control of the situation. “ No Friday deliveries after 1pm” it’s the driver’s responsibility to deliver within the window or they miss out. Very common in retail world.

Oh, and I hear ya on being tightly wound, it’s silly season, I tried to get a park on Sunday at a Bunnings but couldn’t find one, I left.
The weather is heating up and I have the ultra urgent jobs being dumped in my lap that could have been done a month ago.
One step in front of the other for the next month.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz

Last edited by danzvtil; 04-12-2023 at 12:16 PM.
danzvtil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #5378
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

With my company safety procedures, I can pull these drivers into line, but it is PIA dealing with these types' day in day out.
As Ned said "such is life"
Cheers
This user likes this post:
Old 04-12-2023, 03:15 PM   #5379
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Your work needs to institute a policy to gain control of the situation. “ No Friday deliveries after 1pm” it’s the driver’s responsibility to deliver within the window or they miss out. Very common in retail world.

Oh, and I hear ya on being tightly wound, it’s silly season, I tried to get a park on Sunday at a Bunnings but couldn’t find one, I left.
The weather is heating up and I have the ultra urgent jobs being dumped in my lap that could have been done a month ago.
One step in front of the other for the next month.
Yeah, that would be a good thing to implement.

I think what happens is, orders tend to be placed on a Monday after the weekend sales, by the time the orders are processed and shipped, its a Friday afternoon before they arrive, which then becomes a rushed process for the driver, then us. The other thing to consider, we are a 7 day a week business, its a "there is always tomorrow to finish something" mentality.
Mustang GT

Old 04-12-2023, 03:39 PM   #5380
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LDV G10 van head light globe is out.
Access is blocked by the air box.
Remove top of air box.
Can’t really see what I am doing but fiddle,fiddle,fiddle trying to get globe out.
Pop the wire and retaining clip off.
Pull globe and drop it into the headlight assembly.
Have to remove half the bumper to unbolt headlight assembly FML

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 04-12-2023, 03:42 PM   #5381
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Damn. Worse than dropping it into the lower areas of a bumper.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2023, 03:52 PM   #5382
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Did you get there OK?
Well, I walked back to the mechanic..... They were like 'oh crap, we forgot...'.
Anyhows they have the car. They say rad will be ordered today so should be done by tomorrow or wednesday. I did point out the rad in it is for a v8 or turbo but that was all that was available at the time, so not a request by me. A standard 6 cylinder rad will be just fine, as long as it does not leak.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2023, 04:25 PM   #5383
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
LDV G10 van head light globe is out.
Access is blocked by the air box.
Remove top of air box.
Can’t really see what I am doing but fiddle,fiddle,fiddle trying to get globe out.
Pop the wire and retaining clip off.
Pull globe and drop it into the headlight assembly.
Have to remove half the bumper to unbolt headlight assembly FML
On the same subject, have you ever wondered why early versions of previous gen Jeep Grand Cherokee always seem to have one light out? It seems to be a thing with them to blow one globe. And no, I'm not talking about the dimming function later cars had with the DRL lights, this applies to the pre-facelift cars with halogen lights and no DRL's.

You would think that owners would just have the bulb replaced. However, the only access to the bulb is to remove the front bumper, which is a $1500 job at the dealer..................to change a light globe. I know of someone who had the job done, only for the other light to go out a week later. (Why the dealer didn't just replace both while the bumper was off is beyond me.)

No wonder people just leave them.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 12:53 PM   #5384
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

People..in general.

Just brought a group of 140 kids down to a seaside location for their end of year excursion.
Its a small cove south of Adelaide with a narrow esplanade terminating in an odd shaped roundabout, one way in, one way out. Its a beautiful morning so theres a number of cars parked around the kiosk area.
Anywho, my colleague pulls up at the end of the road and I pull up about 30m behind him, the kids, being kids and having just sat idle for an hour undo their belts and get up to alight.
Right at that moment a car reverses out between the 2 coaches, unable to get past the coach in front, the driver jumps out of her car and infront of 140 kids plus teaching staff, begins a rant directed at me of epic proportions.
Now words cant do this justice but picture a middle aged woman putting on a tantrum that would make any 2yo proud. She stamped her feet, threw her arms around, lips quivering and tears welling up whilst telling me I should have moved out of her way.
I tried to explain that once the kids are unfastened and standing I cant move, that I'd only be a minute and that it would have taken longer to get them all seated than to get them off the coach but to no avail, it just made her worse.
She started abusing me, called me a ****ing idiot and a ****.
I said thats all true, have we met before?
I couldnt help myself as she was all in and beyond reasoning with.
She then pulled some of the most stupidest faces I've ever witnessed from an adult, and I obviously use that term loosely, before reentering her car and motioning to ram the coach in front before leaning on the horn and hanging out the window giving him a serve too.

Clearly mentally unstable, I hope she gets the help she so obviously needs.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 01:24 PM   #5385
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
People..in general.

Just brought a group of 140 kids down to a seaside location for their end of year excursion.
Its a small cove south of Adelaide with a narrow esplanade terminating in an odd shaped roundabout, one way in, one way out. Its a beautiful morning so theres a number of cars parked around the kiosk area.
Anywho, my colleague pulls up at the end of the road and I pull up about 30m behind him, the kids, being kids and having just sat idle for an hour undo their belts and get up to alight.
Right at that moment a car reverses out between the 2 coaches, unable to get past the coach in front, the driver jumps out of her car and infront of 140 kids plus teaching staff, begins a rant directed at me of epic proportions.
Now words cant do this justice but picture a middle aged woman putting on a tantrum that would make any 2yo proud. She stamped her feet, threw her arms around, lips quivering and tears welling up whilst telling me I should have moved out of her way.
I tried to explain that once the kids are unfastened and standing I cant move, that I'd only be a minute and that it would have taken longer to get them all seated than to get them off the coach but to no avail, it just made her worse.
She then pulled some of the most stupidest faces I've ever witnessed from an adult, and I obviously use that term loosely, before reentering her car and motioning to ram the coach in front before leaning on the horn and hanging out the window giving him a serve too.

Not that it justifies her actions, but maybe she was having a really bad day. Perhaps she'd just received terrible health news. Or maybe her partner had just told her they are leaving. Or maybe she's under severe financial stress and was contemplating what to do.

My point being that it's easy for all of us, not in her circumstances, to judge her actions. Not the reason behind her actions. It all got resolved and no one was hurt from it. That's the main thing.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 02:09 PM   #5386
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wheres the video PLEASE

Not Victor, Caratalinga? Warinna?
Old 05-12-2023, 05:37 PM   #5387
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Not that it justifies her actions, but maybe she was having a really bad day. Perhaps she'd just received terrible health news. Or maybe her partner had just told her they are leaving. Or maybe she's under severe financial stress and was contemplating what to do.

My point being that it's easy for all of us, not in her circumstances, to judge her actions. Not the reason behind her actions. It all got resolved and no one was hurt from it. That's the main thing.
I'm afraid that doesn't excuse that behaviour, and I think Bent8's feelings may have been hurt.
She's in public in front of a large group of school kids, control yourself.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 05:54 PM   #5388
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
People..in general.

I will put it lightly, "just another self-entitled bitch not getting her way."
I would have laughed at her then ignored it.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 05:59 PM   #5389
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post

About 30 years ago I might have agreed with your reasoning of this, these days no way!
People these days are just pigs, women are worse than men in my humble opinion.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:05 PM   #5390
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
wheres the video PLEASE

Not Victor, Caratalinga? Warinna?
Wish I had Tonz, believe me, though it may well have tipped her over the edge.
Having said that, many of the kids were laughing at her and I wouldnt be suprised if one of them filmed it.

Hallett Cove.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2023, 09:16 PM   #5391
marty351
Shenanigans..............

If it was my school the "we will rock you" routine would be on full display.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2023, 09:02 PM   #5392
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Did a lawn, was repeatedly pestered afterwards “could I help with an email problem” and when I tried in the face of repeated requests to explain I had NO IDEA about this, was criticised for my apparently poor mowing ability. #christmas #fruitcakes
Old 12-12-2023, 09:12 PM   #5393
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Did a lawn, was repeatedly pestered afterwards “could I help with an email problem” and when I tried in the face of repeated requests to explain I had NO IDEA about this, was criticised for my apparently poor mowing ability. #christmas #fruitcakes
Ahhh, the "while you're here, can you..........." customer.
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2023, 09:36 PM   #5394
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Knew you’d have run into this many times, being a perfectionist.

I strive to make people happy, but there are sensible limits.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2023, 09:24 AM   #5395
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Southern media commentating on cyclones.
They simply have no idea.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2023, 09:33 AM   #5396
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Southern media commentating on cyclones.
They simply have no idea.
Why not just the whole media. It's getting so embarrassing now. Temps over 30c for 2 or 3 days. The headlines "Massive Heatwave".....................
Just shakes me head......
8 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2023, 09:49 AM   #5397
tbro4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Why not just the whole media. It's getting so embarrassing now. Temps over 30c for 2 or 3 days. The headlines "Massive Heatwave".....................

New neighbor just moved up here from down south, walking about in just shorts, "arh mate do yaself a favor and put on a shirt or you'll be in a world of pain", "she'll be right mate"

FFS he's in his 70s ya think he'd listen nope, his wife has been telling me how sore he is....................di*khead!

Terry aka Tbro
tbro4123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2023, 06:59 PM   #5398
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Most likely headlines written and presented by a bunch of people who spend the whole day in air-conditioned comfort. Try spending 8 hours in it, then I'll show them what a heatwave is.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2023, 07:02 PM   #5399
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

On that note, I have just spent the day outside with horrendous humidity, made worse by two thunderstorms. I then come home to no power and no a/c to get a break from it.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2023, 07:14 PM   #5400
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

That’s not so much a “like” - but there’s no “empathise” button. Hopefully power returns soon…
2 users like this post: